I have taken this and added my own which I will put up asap and the article/reply from PCC etc...basically all of what has been sent/recieved and sent it to Taj
I will be busy all day/night as it's my birthday but on Friday I will send it to whoever I can get a contact for via my own sources.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "Sinderella"
I have taken this and added my own which I will put up asap and the article/reply from PCC etc...basically all of what has been sent/recieved and sent it to Taj
I will be busy all day/night as it's my birthday but on Friday I will send it to whoever I can get a contact for via my own sources.

Congrats!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Happy Birthday Sinderella! :) Have a great one!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Well, I got the same auto-responses as y'all from the MacKenzie E-mails, but I don't know what this says (It's from Eingangsbestatigung):
Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail. Wir werden uns schnellstmöglich um Ihr Anliegen kümmern.

Noch Fragen oder Wünsche? Rufen Sie uns gern an unter 0180 - 2 - 34 46 77 (6 Cent pro Anruf aus dem deutschen Festnetz, Mobilfunkhöchstpreis 42 Cent pro Minute) oder e-mailen Sie uns unter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf diese automatisch erzeugte Eingangsbestätigung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr Abo-Service Team
Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "trustno1"
Happy Birthday Sinderella! :) Have a great one!

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Congrats!

THANK YOU DARLINGS!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have received notification today that my complaint (as per the letter below) has not been referred to the Press Complaint Commission on the basis of my request to waive the third party rules.

Let's see what happens!

With L.O.V.E

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
@ Souza Thanks

Here is my reply to the PCC, I have also requested for the complaint to be dealt with under third party rules. I only copied the letter to Tito as I did not have any other relevant addresses.  
If we managed to get better family email addresses then it will be easy for one of us to make contact.

Dear Simon,

Many thanks for the reply.  I am sorry to read that only complaints from people who are directly affected by the matters about which they are concerned are generally considered and I will be forwarding the current reply to members of the Jackson’s family.

This is the link to the article again for your easy reference:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I however also noticed in your reply  that the PCC does, occasionally, decide to waive its third party rules in situations where an exceptional public interest can be demonstrated and I WISH to progress my complaint on this basis.

My rational is simple:  I am supported by a large group of Jackson’s fans and other supporters of honest journalism and we are all truly disgusted by this article. Nobody asked Julie Burchill to portray those young children as “so light-skinned that they resemble the result of an illicit liaison between Nicole Kidman and Casper The Friendly Ghost”! This is simply cruel and inaccurate! This type of cruelty towards innocent victims does not only concern Michael’s family but the wider public.  We all have a responsibility to protect the innocents; we all have the right to read accurate articles! If Julie Burchill wishes to put irony in her columns she can but blatant lies she CANNOT! Journalists do have a responsibility towards the public and children; and I unfortunately believe that Julie Burchill mis-represented the Truth on this instance and showed cruelty towards innocent children.

May I add that it breaks my heart to see journalists propagating lies and deliberately seeking to hurt innocent victims.  This is NOT what journalism was intending to do and I sincerely hope that in this instance the commission will upheld my complaint and ask Julie Burchill to publicly apologise for her misleading portrayal of Michael Jackson’s children.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone if you require further information.

Yours Sincerely

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

~Souza~Topic starter

Mine too TheRunningGirl:

We will now ask the Commission whether it wishes to waive its third party rules and take your complaint forward. If this is the case we will ask the editor to deal with your complaint.

Fingers crossed!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Waiting on mine
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have received today the feedback from the Press Complaints commission regarding our complaint and unfortunately the commission has decided that it was not possible, in the circumstances, to examine pour complaints further under the code of practice.

[center:7q6php44]Commission's decision in the case of "TheRunningGirl" (My real name showed here)/ Souza  v The Independent[/center:7q6php44]

The complainants were concerned that the article questioned the integrity of Michael Jackson's children and gave a misleading account of their skin colour. They also objected to claims that Michael Jackson's face had been ruined and that the children had seen the "darker side of fame".

The commission made clear that it generally only considers complaints from those directly affected by the matter about which they complained. In this instance, given that remarks made in the article related directly to the children of Michael Jackson, it would require a complaint from a member of the Jackson family, or their official representative, in order to establish whether they considered that the article had misrepresented either Michael Jackson or his children. In the absence of such complaint, the commission was unable to comment on the matter further.

Reference Nos. 105480/105481

@ Souza, it is interesting that our 2 separate complaints (with separate content) ended up as one, I guess we were the only 2 people in the World to have asked the commission to waive its rules... and guess what they declined to do so! Had more people done so, it may well have worked. Shame! At least we tried and know how the system works now!

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
I have received today the feedback from the Press Complaints commission regarding our complaint and unfortunately the commission has decided that it was not possible, in the circumstances, to examine pour complaints further under the code of practice.

[center:39aahxxh]Commission's decision in the case of "TheRunningGirl" (My real name showed here)/ Souza  v The Independent[/center:39aahxxh]

The complainants were concerned that the article questioned the integrity of Michael Jackson's children and gave a misleading account of their skin colour. They also objected to claims that Michael Jackson's face had been ruined and that the children had seen the "darker side of fame".

The commission made clear that it generally only considers complaints from those directly affected by the matter about which they complained. In this instance, given that remarks made in the article related directly to the children of Michael Jackson, it would require a complaint from a member of the Jackson family, or their official representative, in order to establish whether they considered that the article had misrepresented either Michael Jackson or his children. In the absence of such complaint, the commission was unable to comment on the matter further.

Reference Nos. 105480/105481

@ Souza, it is interesting that our 2 separate complaints (with separate content) ended up as one, I guess we were the only 2 people in the World to have asked the commission to waive its rules... and guess what they declined to do so! Had more people done so, it may well have worked. Shame! At least we tried and know how the system works now!

With L.O.V.E

I got the same e-mail. Well we did try, unfortunately no luck this time. I also sent copies to the Jacksons. They could have picked it up, but didn't. I am afraid this was all we could do in this case. But next time we'll try again, and again, and again....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hi all!
a while ago, some fame seeker named tanya gold, wrote a disgraceful piece of article in the british journal the guardian and myself, along with some mj supporters started a campaign sending complaints, getting singnatures etc
same simon yip that responded, same emails, and same final result: they found a way out of it.
i even contacted charles thomson back then and he also said that there is nothing we can do, except oficially complain...very frustrating!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "arina"
Hi all!
a while ago, some fame seeker named tanya gold, wrote a disgraceful piece of article in the british journal the guardian and myself, along with some mj supporters started a campaign sending complaints, getting singnatures etc
same simon yip that responded, same emails, and same final result: they found a way out of it.
i even contacted charles thomson back then and he also said that there is nothing we can do, except oficially complain...very frustrating!!

Very Frustrating I agree! The rules they have in place mean that the Family either need to complain directly or we need to be a significant number of "Complainers" and turn the complaint into one of public interest.  The PCC is paid by the newspapers so does not have much of an incentive to "rock the boat"!

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions