trublu

What sucks right now is it's not just the tabloids being so vile against Michael. It's now broadsheets too. The independant, The guardian etc. I used to like these papers. Now I can see that even broadsheets report crap for their own agendas. This suprises me from the independant though as it is supposed to be unbiased. Shame on the reporter and shame on the independant for passing this article.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

The kids remarks were just out of context. The kids have a skin that surely gets sun tanned very easy, one can see that. And Blanket is not especially a pale kid.

That article was design to make readers angry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Quote from: "trustno1"
Even if she had gone to university I think she'd be as ignorant as she is now.  Education does not always equate with wisdom.  Two different things.  People who go to university can be just as prejudiced or even more than those who don't.  How they get away with writing this junk is beyond me, they must assume that it's the opinion of their readers and therefore what they want to hear.  Ms Burchill is going to get a VERY strongly worded e-mail in her inbox tonight, I will be restrained but it won't be easy!! :evil:

Indeed they can,I agree education is not the be all and end all,Richard Branson never went to university.But then he didn't try to become a media journalist and write shit like this.
They are SUPPOSED to be objective when writing and correct to a suitable % or to best of their knowledge.That is what a degree in journalism is meant to instill in you,clearly doesn't always work but that is why people who want to go into writing articles mainstream spend years doing a BA in it.
I pointed out her lack of education because she never even got A levels,which come BEFORE the degree so therefore she is 50,writing up articles about world issues and celebrities whom she has never even met and she is doing all this... educated to the level of a 16yr old and it's baffled me.
Was not a dig at anyone who hasn't gone to uni in general.

She can't have met the children or she'd know they are bi-racial and not white.
Why restrain yourself?I won't be holding anything back from her.
If she can give it,she is going to have to take it 100x back.

Quote from: "trublu"
What sucks right now is it's not just the tabloids being so vile against Michael. It's now broadsheets too. The independant, The guardian etc. I used to like these papers. Now I can see that even broadsheets report crap for their own agendas. This suprises me from the independant though as it is supposed to be unbiased. Shame on the reporter and shame on the independant for passing this article.

Agreed.Write the paper an email as well.

Quote from: "Gema"
The kids remarks were just out of context. The kids have a skin that surely gets sun tanned very easy, one can see that. And Blanket is not especially a pale kid.

That article was design to make readers angry.

It worked.And it wasn't just the remarks on their skin colour, it was the comments on Michael incase you didn't read that far down
despite his habits of dangling babies over balconies and having sleepovers with rug-rats, turns out to have been just plain folks at home

So,all in one article we have
Racist comments about his children's skin-implying they aren't black so..aren't his
implying he is a bad father and once again bringing up the balcony incident-she needs to see the one from years before clearly..
Bringing up the children staying over at neverland.Calling them rug rats equates to implying they were babies he had 'sleep overs' with.
Bashing his family

I just want to knock her the fuck out tbh.
Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 09:39:08 AM by Sinderella
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Quote from: "Sinderella"
Quote from: "trublu"

Agreed.Write the paper an email as well.

Oh don't worry, I will be!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Right.This creature has really got me frothing at the bit. She has dissed my two favorite guys now. I'd like to see her lose her job. How disgusting to state publicly that your glad someone is dead. I hope the Army of L.O.V.E. can act on this as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Even if she had gone to university I think she'd be as ignorant as she is now. Education does not always equate with wisdom. Two different things. People who go to university can be just as prejudiced or even more than those who don't. How they get away with writing this junk is beyond me, they must assume that it's the opinion of their readers and therefore what they want to hear. Ms Burchill is going to get a VERY strongly worded e-mail in her inbox tonight, I will be restrained but it won't be easy!!

Trustno1 I do not say it for his degree of culture, say it for that there are people or rather, journalists who believe that this journalist title that they gave to them in some university gives them the right to slander and defame the persons
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "RK"
Right.This creature has really got me frothing at the bit. She has dissed my two favorite guys now. I'd like to see her lose her job. How disgusting to state publicly that your glad someone is dead. I hope the Army of L.O.V.E. can act on this as well.

Do it,raise that voice and type that email,you're part of that army.... bring the rain for Michael
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do it,raise that voice and type that email,you're part of that army.... bring the rain for Michael

The best way to raise our voice against this type of journalism would be to raise a formal complaint against the Independent - and possibly OFCOM - is this what you have in mind Sinderella?

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"

The best way to raise our voice against this type of journalism would be to raise a formal complaint against the Independent - and possibly OFCOM - is this what you have in mind Sinderella?

With L.O.V.E
Bring The Rain    114 up, 10 down

"Bring the rain-When you call massive artillery or strikes to a specific target"

I do have that in mind yes,I have in mind the side of the believers giving it back to these absurd ill informed people/media sources starting now and kicking some serious ass.

With all that is going on with the album,snippets being released,Breaking News,game..i say that lightly as that is one to watch-cirque show,etc Michael's name is going to be coming back as a subject for discussion on a daily basis.
We cannot allow people like McKenzie and this troll Julie to get away with slander and unprofessional conduct towards him!!
He is on vacay time atm so we are his voice-his family aren't doing much to protect his name and legacy, the other side of non believers are still fighting amongst themselves as to who is the best fan because they managed to con the most $$$ out of his fans by painting rocks of love(do not get me started on those) and so we must be it.

Also look at it this way,when Michael does return he is going to be facing these people...worse than these people writing worse things about him so while he is gone...lets back him up now and when the time comes they will know he has back up.

So yeah...lets send formal complaints to those who are there to deal with them (Y)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OOOH! Here it is!

This is what needs to happen in order to complain about this article:

1. The UK press is loosely bound by the Press Complaints Commissions Editor’s Code of Practice

2. In order to complain you need to either feel a form on line (It took me a couple of minutes see website link above) or send them an email at

4. A copy of my complaint below so that you can paste it if you wish to do so

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing to formally complain about Julie Burchill totally unprofessional portrayal of Michael Jackson and his children in The Independent in her column entitled Sight of next Jackson generation makes me pine for ‘The X Factor’ published on the 11th.
Julie Burchill's comments on Michael Jackson and his children are inaccurate, biased, cruel, and in breach of Clause 1 of the Press Complaints Commissions Editor’s Code of Practice.

Clause 1 on Accuracy includes the statements:
•   The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.
•   A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and – where appropriate – an apology published.
•   The Press, whilst free to be partisan, must distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact.

The Independent failed to take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.
Burchill wrote: “The children – so light-skinned that they resemble the result of an illicit liaison between Nicole Kidman and Casper The Friendly Ghost -were cool, calm and collected as they paid tribute to their dear old dad who, despite his habits of dangling babies over balconies and having sleepovers with rug-rats, turns out to have been just plain folks at home. "He tried to raise us without [us] knowing who he was, but that didn't go so well... ” Burchill is blatantly questioning the integrity of Michael Jackson children and insinuating that Jackson himself was a love rat – on which ground please?
This is also insinuating that Michael Jackson children are white as ghost, this is insulting to the children and a total mis-representation of the reality. Has Burchill not noticed the children tanned complexion?

The Independent failed to distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact.
Burchill’s comments were patently not justified by the context.  She wrote: “And despite seeing the darker side of fame played out on their father's poor ruined face, they told Oprah they plan career in showbiz”. Burchill has got no ground to assume on the state of Michael Jackson’s face and no right in assuming what the children saw or did not see.  This is fiction not journalism and is misleading in the context of the Oprah interview.

This is totally unacceptable and I am seeking formal actions from The Independent on this matter.  Propagating lies is not what I understand the media to be about. The Independent needs to obey by the editors code and publish an apology about this totally inaccurate portrayal of Michael Jackson and his Children.

I would appreciate to be kept informed of the status of this complaint.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Souza/Mo - Do you wish to do anything through the Army of Love again?

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
OOOH! Here it is!
This is what needs to happen in order to complain about this article:

1. The UK press is loosely bound by the Press Complaints Commissions Editor’s Code of Practice

2. In order to complain you need to either feel a form on line (It took me a couple of minutes see website link above) or send them an email at
Complaints @pcc.org.uk

3. I also believe that it is worthwhile to send an email to the columnist editor of The Independent: Johann Hari

Souza/Mo - Do you wish to do anything through the Army of Love again?

With L.O.V.E

Oohhh indeed lol I can be quite empowering when I get into it haha.
Thanks for the emails and links RunningGirl  =]
I suggest filling the online form out,sending the email to both J.Hari and the complaints emails and saving it as a draft for future letters that will surely need to be written the more that Michael is talked about over the coming months.

Regarding the arm of love part,do you mean send out a mass message to all members on this forum like for the McKenzie complaint ?If so that would be an awesome step forward with it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'll send a personal complaint as well. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
I'll send a personal complaint as well. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Well,you are the voice for the silent..it's all on you
haha :P

<3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I hope everyone is doing this for Michael...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Anyone heard back or got a 'thanks for your email' email?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions