Re: The letter to ITV/Kelvin McKenzie & the media
November 19, 2010, 11:18:46 AM
Exactly, that's why I replied to them.  Hopefully I'll get another response.

This is what I submitted:
 :roll:

Thank you for responding to my issues and concerns. I  appreciate your explanation concerning the infractions imposed on Michael Jackson's character by Mr. MacKenzie during this interview.  I am sure that the fallout from those remarks will continue to be forthcoming as viewers are generally tired of the media asserting personal inuendos into truth reporting.  That being said brings me to the main reason for this reply.  

Mr. MacKenzie made very disturbing remarks against Michael Jackson's children.  It is never, in my opinion, correct or responsible to turn an adult discussion into a forum to interject personal abominations towards one's children.  That these remarks were not edited out somehow is incredulous and unethical and demands a public apology to them.

Michael Jackson's children are old enough to have watched this broadcast and to have suffered emotionally as a result of it.  Unfortunately, they are no longer sheltered from the ills of society as they were when their father was present.  Heaven knows that Michael Jackson suffered enough grief at the hands of the uninformed.  However, that does not make it a hereditary condition of which his children must also suffer.  They are innocent children and have committed no offenses against anyone.  They therefore should not be subjected to frivilous attacks of cruelty against them.  In that vein it is imperative that professionals be responsible and use tact and discernment in discussions that could adversely affect them.  I would hope that to be the norm for ANY and ALL children.  To do less would certainly be a disservice to society at large.

I feel strongly that a public apology to Michael Jackson and his children is warranted for the actions of  Mr. MacKenzie as an invited guest on your show.  Though there were other things that were seriously out of order, this infraction really struck an emotional nerve in me.

I don't know how important it is for you to try to make amends to the general public.  But in my eyes, it makes good business sense and it i s the only humane thing to do.  It would certainly make life a little easier for you and for ITV.  Wouldn't you agree?

sincerely,
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

November 19, 2010, 09:25:53 PM
Same here...

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry that you were offended by the comments made by Kelvin McKenzie on This Morning on 9 November. We accept that his comments about Michael Jackson caused offence to some viewers, which we regret.

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk. Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”. He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity. Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter. In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance. Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards. Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father.

Regards

This Morning Programme
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

November 22, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: "carap"
another new replies for me:

Tue, November 16, 2010 1:29:18 PMKELVIN MACKENZIE
From: "Stroud-Caules, Edith" <edith.stroud-caules@itv.com>Add to Contacts
To: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  
    sig1.gif (1KB)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are very sorry that you were offended by the comments made by Kelvin McKenzie on This Morning on 9 November. We accept that his comments about Michael Jackson caused offence to some viewers, which we regret.  

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk.  Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”.  He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity.  Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter.  In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance.  Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards.  Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father.

Regards

This Morning Programme

I was just about to post the same email reply,  my reply from This Morning is identical so I wont repost it save space.   :lol:

Guess its their standard reply.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lilou

November 23, 2010, 07:35:17 AM
I received the same this morning ...

However, when Mr McKenzie gave his opinion on the safety of children formerly in the care of Michael Jackson, and referred to the well known allegations that were made about him, the programme’s presenter Philip Schofield did point out immediately that Michael Jackson was not found guilty in relation to those allegations, and that no-one knows that any children in his care would be at risk.  Following Mr McKenzie’s further comment that Michael Jackson’s children will have a better life without him, Philip challenged him again, and said the children would obviously disagree with Mr McKenzie’s “tough words”.  He also invited viewers to give their views on Mr McKenzie’s comments, making clear that these were not expressed by the programme but by Mr McKenzie in a personal capacity.  Later on in the programme, a comment was read out from a viewer who strongly disagreed with Mr McKenzie’s views.

Although we acknowledge Mr McKenzie’s comments were offensive to some viewers, they were challenged and contextualised immediately by the presenter.  In the context of a spontaneous live discussion about a highly controversial (and deceased) celebrity, arising from a talking point in the news (namely the Jackson children’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey), we consider that the programme overall exhibited balance.  Whilst we appreciate that some viewers, particularly fans of Michael Jackson, would strongly disagree with Mr McKenzie’s personal opinions, we do not agree that the programme was inaccurate as such (as the comments were clearly expressed as opinion) or that it breached generally accepted standards.  Overall the presenters and the other contributor (Lesley Joseph) were supportive of the children’s decision to be interviewed and stated that they were well-adjusted and had expressed their love for their father.

Regards

This Morning Programme
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[size=150]When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
[/size]

Romeo and Juliet. actIII Scene 2
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.- Michael Jackson

November 23, 2010, 08:29:50 AM
I got the same one, just the usual standard response.  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
November 23, 2010, 11:53:29 AM
I just received the same too!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lilou

November 23, 2010, 12:57:40 PM
Maybe they are bored!i just hope they read our mails,because our mails are different  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[/size]

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.- Michael Jackson

MissG

November 23, 2010, 01:13:15 PM
The don´t care, that´s all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

Lilou

November 23, 2010, 01:26:22 PM
Quote from: "Gema"
The don´t care, that´s all.

Yeah,it's sad

We are here to defend him to the bone,and they don't care about us,(omg,this song is everywhere  :lol: )
Poor Michael,if they don't care about us...what about his feelings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[/size]

~Souza~Topic starter

November 23, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

The fact that they send the same reply to everyone (I even received one after I replied to it), only shows us they are not even reading and taking this seriously. Good thing that we are now documenting that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

November 23, 2010, 03:38:35 PM
Media never took serious MJ after 93 and the same they will do with his supporters. We are caled all kind of names  :evil:   believe me  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

~Souza~Topic starter

November 23, 2010, 03:57:40 PM
Media never took serious MJ after 93 and the same they will do with his supporters. We are caled all kind of names  :evil:   believe me  :(

Who cares? They can call me whatever they want. Those who have patience will be rewarded, always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dancer

November 23, 2010, 05:50:45 PM
I got the same standard response...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

Lilou

November 24, 2010, 12:26:23 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

Who cares? They can call me whatever they want. Those who have patience will be rewarded, always.

Same thought !
They can call me by the worst names,can call me crazy,i really really don't care
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[/size]

November 24, 2010, 07:26:16 PM
Quote from: "carap"
another new replies for me:

Tue, November 16, 2010 1:29:18 PMKELVIN MACKENZIE
From: "Stroud-Caules, Edith" <edith.stroud-caules@itv.com>Add to Contacts
To: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  
    sig1.gif (1KB)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

This Morning Programme

In regards to this I got the same thing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions