No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

liegi

Sounds like a good idea.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "TheRunningGirl"
Count me in as well! Happy to front the OFCOM one if we require a UK address, I will comment further later on your proposal Souza.

With L.O.V.E

Oh yes, everyone in the UK should also report it to OFCOM.

For those in the UK who wish to complain to OFCOM as well, you need to do so before 12am tomorrow at:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is an electronic form, where you need to register your details, the content of the complaint is limited to 1500 words - Here is mine below , feel free to paste it if you wish to do so:
I am writing to formally complain about Kevin McKenzie totally unprofessional portrayal of Michael Jackson on ITV at the This morning programme aired earlier today. His comments on Jackson are in breach of numerous segments of the OFCOM Broadcast Code.

Section 2.2: MacKenzie's ignored the facts presented at Jackson's trial and dismissed the verdict. He also ignored the children's accounts of their lives with Jackson and portrayed them instead as potential victims of 'abuse'.
Section 2.3 MacKenzie's comments were patently not justified by the context. In a discussion about an interview between Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jackson's children, MacKenzie irrelevantly raised the subject of Jackson's trial and proceeded to dismiss the verdict, insinuating that Jackson was a child molester.
Section 7.1 Does calling somebody a child abuser when they've been acquitted in a court of law constitute treating somebody unjustly or unfairly?
Section 7.9 MacKenzie ignored the facts, evidence and verdict in Jackson's trial and accused the star of being a child molester.
Section 7.11 Clearly, Jackson could not respond to Mackenzie's inaccurate allegations, but no representative of Jackson's family or estate was invited to appear on the show or to offer a rebuttal in the aftermath.

This is totally unacceptable and I am seeking formal actions from ITV on this matter. Propagating lies is not what I understand the media to be about.

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Thanks so much for that Running Girl, have pasted it as I couldn't have put it better myself! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream.  And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

Quote from: "rowdyangel"
Here is the email address so that those of you not in the UK can complain directly to the TV channel (ITV) who broadcast this.  No need to a UK address doing it this way:

I have just sent my complaint off.  Just so that you know, the show is called 'This Morning' and was broadcast today, 9th Nov 2010 on ITV.

Here is a copy of my email to ITV below for those who wish to re-use part of it:

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing to formally complain about Kevin McKenzie totally unprofessional portrayal of Michael Jackson on ITV during the This morning programme aired on the 9th November 2010 at 10:30.
Kevin McKenzie's comments on Michael Jackson were inaccurate, biased, cruel, and breached numerous segments of the OFCOM Broadcast Code.

Section 2.2 of the code demands that, "Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience.” MacKenzie's comments were clearly misleading. He ignored the facts and evidence presented at Jackson's trial and dismissed the verdict. He also ignored the children's firsthand accounts of their lives with Jackson in order to portray them instead as having been 'corrupted' and said that they were potential victims of 'abuse'.

Section 2.3 of the code demands that, "Broadcasters must ensure that material which may cause offence is justified by the context." MacKenzie's comments were patently not justified by the context. In a discussion about an interview between Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jackson's children, MacKenzie irrelevantly raised the subject of Jackson's trial and proceeded to dismiss the verdict, insinuating that Jackson was a child molester.

Section 7.1 of the code demands that, "Broadcasters must avoid unjust or unfair treatment of individuals or organisations in programmes." This section of the code is constantly flouted when dealing with Michael Jackson.  Does calling somebody a child abuser when they've been acquitted in a court of law constitute treating somebody unjustly or unfairly?

Section 7.9 of the code demands that, "Before broadcasting a factual programme, including programmes examining past events, broadcasters should take reasonable care to satisfy themselves that material facts have not been presented, disregarded or omitted in a way that is unfair to an individual or organisation." Material facts were clearly omitted and disregarded during Kelvin MacKenzie's unprovoked diatribe against Jackson. He ignored the facts, evidence and verdict in Jackson's trial and accused the star of being a child molester. The host did not point out Jackson's acquittal, either. MacKenzie also ignored the children's comments about their upbringing and proceeded to portray Jackson as the exact opposite of what they claimed.

Section 7.11 of the code demands that, "If a programme alleges wrongdoing or incompetence or makes other significant allegations, those concerned should normally be given an appropriate and timely opportunity to respond." Clearly, Jackson could not respond to Kelvin Mackenzie's inaccurate allegations, but no representative of Jackson's family or estate was invited to appear on the show or to offer a rebuttal in the aftermath.

This is totally unacceptable and I am seeking formal actions from ITV on this matter.  Propagating lies is not what I understand the media to be about and ITV needs to take some steps in formally apologizing about this totally inaccurate portrayal of Michael Jackson.

I would appreciate to be kept inform of the status of this complaint.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "trustno1"
Thanks so much for that Running Girl, have pasted it as I couldn't have put it better myself! ;)

My Pleasure trustno1 - it is much quicker this way.  

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Are there people who will volunteer writing the letter?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Umm are we all writing the letter or different letters? I guess it doesn't matter?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Are there people who will volunteer writing the letter?

Souza - the letter I send to ITV (see above post) could form the basis (with relevant amendments) for the Army of L.O.V.E letter  or have you got something radically different in mind?

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Here is the email address so that those of you not in the UK can complain directly to the TV channel (ITV) who broadcast this.  No need to a UK address doing it this way:

I have just sent my complaint off.  Just so that you know, the show is called 'This Morning' and was broadcast today, 9th Nov 2010 on ITV.

Here is a copy of my email to ITV below for those who wish to re-use part of it:

Dear Madam or Sir,

I am writing to formally complain about Kevin McKenzie totally unprofessional portrayal of Michael Jackson on ITV during the This morning programme aired on the 9th November 2010 at 10:30.
Kevin McKenzie's comments on Michael Jackson were inaccurate, biased, cruel, and breached numerous segments of the OFCOM Broadcast Code.

Section 2.2 of the code demands that, "Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience.” MacKenzie's comments were clearly misleading. He ignored the facts and evidence presented at Jackson's trial and dismissed the verdict. He also ignored the children's firsthand accounts of their lives with Jackson in order to portray them instead as having been 'corrupted' and said that they were potential victims of 'abuse'.

Section 2.3 of the code demands that, "Broadcasters must ensure that material which may cause offence is justified by the context." MacKenzie's comments were patently not justified by the context. In a discussion about an interview between Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jackson's children, MacKenzie irrelevantly raised the subject of Jackson's trial and proceeded to dismiss the verdict, insinuating that Jackson was a child molester.

Section 7.1 of the code demands that, "Broadcasters must avoid unjust or unfair treatment of individuals or organisations in programmes." This section of the code is constantly flouted when dealing with Michael Jackson.  Does calling somebody a child abuser when they've been acquitted in a court of law constitute treating somebody unjustly or unfairly?

Section 7.9 of the code demands that, "Before broadcasting a factual programme, including programmes examining past events, broadcasters should take reasonable care to satisfy themselves that material facts have not been presented, disregarded or omitted in a way that is unfair to an individual or organisation." Material facts were clearly omitted and disregarded during Kelvin MacKenzie's unprovoked diatribe against Jackson. He ignored the facts, evidence and verdict in Jackson's trial and accused the star of being a child molester. The host did not point out Jackson's acquittal, either. MacKenzie also ignored the children's comments about their upbringing and proceeded to portray Jackson as the exact opposite of what they claimed.

Section 7.11 of the code demands that, "If a programme alleges wrongdoing or incompetence or makes other significant allegations, those concerned should normally be given an appropriate and timely opportunity to respond." Clearly, Jackson could not respond to Kelvin Mackenzie's inaccurate allegations, but no representative of Jackson's family or estate was invited to appear on the show or to offer a rebuttal in the aftermath.

This is totally unacceptable and I am seeking formal actions from ITV on this matter.  Propagating lies is not what I understand the media to be about and ITV needs to take some steps in formally apologizing about this totally inaccurate portrayal of Michael Jackson.

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

With L.O.V.E

This one seems perfect.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

trublu

Quote from: "Gema"

Dear Madam or Sir,

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

With L.O.V.E

This one seems perfect.

I agree
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Dear Madam or Sir,

Yours Sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

With L.O.V.E

This one seems perfect.

I must have missed it! I think it's great. Shouldn't we demand something like the official fans from somewhere did? Like an apologie in the show?

I think we should all mail it and signing with "XXXXXX, on behalf of Michael's Army of L.O.V.E." Thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Each of us emailing or one email on the name of the Army?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

~Souza~Topic starter

Each of us emailing or one email on the name of the Army?

Not sure. If we only send one we have the risk of being skipped, and I think that if we bomb them, they will at least see we're with many and can't be Ignored.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

I am in total disgust of that kind of individual.  :x  I think that we should all send it and sign as Michael's Army of Love with our country and firstnames, if only a few of us send it there will be no real impact. Maybe people can modify the draft and make it as they wish. The most important thing is to raise our voice against that kind of BS!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal