Elderly  in a home / hospital/ living right nextdoor to you down the street
helping them spntaneously in public say picking something up they dropped
or helping with shopping and packages or getting  on the bus/ publice transport
giving up your set for the elderly  person???
L.O.V.E!!
 Michelle ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

You are right Michelle, we should all do this more.

It's easy to forget that the elderly have much more experience than us and we can learn a great deal from them.

It is a shame how many elderly people get ignored.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are right.  In my condominium we have assigned "buddies" for the elderly to check on them and help them with their needs, trips to store, doctor's appts. etc, and we've created some nice amenities and a gathering place for them during the winter when it's cold.  It's very important to honor our elders.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wow You guys are so amazing !!I Hope my post actually made sense , I just re read it now and oh  my the spelling mistakes!!
You guys are amaizng and Soldier Of Love that is great  what You all checking on the elderly for all there things and setting up that nice place for them to be warm in the Winter.
And Trublu thank You too it is so good we are all on the same page.
I just got back from my Nana's home tonight an we stayed with her my Mum and me with her in her room, but we also went to dining room and sat with her and her ladies for tea , and seeing all the frail ones makes You appreciate your health and so want to keep and do everything in your power to stay that way , so that You don' t have to end up in an insitution, where for many it is a cold lonely time to live out their lives. Going to the dining room with Nana is good because it makes yo so aware of how many like one of You said that get ignored and it breaks your heart, no shoulder to cry on , I mean the carers in  most cases are  lovely but we have come across some not so good and it is only that we are here always for Nana and live in same place and visit her often, that we can find out the not good things and deal to it, but so many are left to put up with it, and my Nana was a few weeks ago given the wrong medication someone elses believe it or not and it took her days  almost a week to become coherrant and be able to feed herself and drink again by herself , lucky holidays for Mum so we were up there everyday to rehab her back as they seeemed to think nothing of it oh nurse got busy , but she could have died and still now she hasn't been her completely normal self... crying and weepy, but if it was someone with no one of which the case is really true in so many cases, they would have no one to stick up for them and basically things that happen get buried and they die or bullying silences and they can bury their mistakes. so it is so cool that you guys look out for the  elderly  so cool You make me so very jproud to be part of this big MJ family!! love You  all more!!
Michelle
New Zealand <3 :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions