everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Africa drought rips families apart, brings strangers together
By Rohit Kachroo, NBC News
DADAAB, Kenya - With a population of almost 400,000, the Dadaab Refugee Camp in north-east Kenya is beginning to resemble a city. Like in any fast-growing metropolis, the morning rush here can be a miserable time; the infrastructure creaks louder than at any other part of the day. This must be the most desperate rush-hour of any city in the world.
At around 8 a.m., a huge crowd of new residents begin to stream through the gates of the reception center. Most have been forced here by the worst drought to affect East Africa for 60 years – described by the United Nations as a "humanitarian emergency."
World Food Program officials estimate that 10 million people already need humanitarian aid, The Associated Press reported Sunday. The U.N. Children's Fund estimates that more than 2 million children are malnourished and in need of lifesaving action.
Many of the new arrivals are families who have walked from Somalia for days or even weeks in search of food and water.
Amongst the line of refugees, many terrible stories are shared about the children who have died along the way. But some prefer to keep their stories to themselves.
The United Nations says malnutrition among child refugees fleeing the drought in Somalia has reached alarming rates. Drought and famine are affecting millions of people in the Horn of Africa. NBC's Rohit Kachroo reports.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope and pray that this tragic disaster will end very soon. Right now, we can support humanitarian aid. Please, we all can contribute, no matter how big or small. There are many organizations, I name a few:

LOVE you all                              bearhug
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

mdc

Nice blog from Clay Aiken for Unicef. I like it when stars use their voices to do good things.
This blog kinda puts into perspective things we take for granted here in the U.S.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

Thanks for posting this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Nice blog from Clay Aiken for Unicef. I like it when stars use their voices to do good things.
This blog kinda puts into perspective things we take for granted here in the U.S.

Thanks for posting the link. I agree this blog is written in a way which puts things into perspective without being too patronizing, though it's making us realize what's really going on. It surely doesn't harm when a star raises his/her voice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions