*Mo*

Re: MJ's Billie Jean vs "MJ's" Billie Jean
September 03, 2010, 04:22:46 PM

Start at 9:00 and listen to what Kenny and Travis say about the Billie Jean performance:

[youtube:3pt06370]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm3p3QA_-Qo[/youtube:3pt06370]

Kenny: "There's also material that Michael and I agreed, it should remain sacred.  Billie Jean is perfect, it was a place for him to invent.  But he didn't need to change the nature of it you know.  He came out, he put the jacket on, he put the glove on, he had his high...you know...water pants and you left him alone.".

Travis: "Billie Jean is one of Michael's iconic pieces and performances.  Not many artists have been able to convey just as powerful a message through a dance then they do in a song and I think that he had that sort of uncanny ability to do both.  

The words of Kenny and Travis do not correspond with THAT Billie Jean performance, but with every other Billie Jean performance we have seen over the years.  I do not believe Mike would screw up Billie Jean and change the nature of it like in TII.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MV

September 04, 2010, 05:53:30 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
Quote from: "MV"
My theory is that MJ is rehearsaling Billie Jean vocals, but just random moves. Maybe he was going to watch what would some other moves look like than the originals. And not massive moonwalk becouse he wanted to get off of his old patterns or he just didn't remember the choreography and decided to dance what just comes to mind. And I really think that it's possible that he had forgotten the moves. We don't know how much he practices usually and in over 5 years you can forget if you are not watching Billie Jean videos every day from DVD or Youtube  :lol:

Then why the lip syncing if he was rehearsing the vocals? And, with all due respect, he would not forget the moves. Even I know the moves by heart lol.
I have tought he is singing there. At least it is't the original record
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

September 04, 2010, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
My theory is that MJ is rehearsaling Billie Jean vocals, but just random moves. Maybe he was going to watch what would some other moves look like than the originals. And not massive moonwalk becouse he wanted to get off of his old patterns or he just didn't remember the choreography and decided to dance what just comes to mind. And I really think that it's possible that he had forgotten the moves. We don't know how much he practices usually and in over 5 years you can forget if you are not watching Billie Jean videos every day from DVD or Youtube  :lol:

Then why the lip syncing if he was rehearsing the vocals? And, with all due respect, he would not forget the moves. Even I know the moves by heart lol.
I have tought he is singing there. At least it is't the original record

It's a live recording...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 21, 2010, 04:14:17 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "CC"
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "m8ighty"
Now i will agree, his moves where off on TII, especially on Billie jean. And i know everyone is gonna say "It was just a rehearsal so he wasnt going all out" Well for the people who are gonna use that excuse, go to youtube and look up the Bad and Dangerous Tour rehearsals, and you will see how he really rehearsed. In TII he looks as though hes just dilly dallying around stage just going through the motions. In his past rehearsals, you can tell hes not giving it his all but he still goes through the whole routines and performs them quite sharply and it still leaves you in awe. Now......
I believe it was MJ in TII. There is no reason for him to use an impersonator for the rehearsals. There is no gain or benefits for mj to use an impersonator. And anyhow you can tell its mj by so many things. certain small key moves that he does, his hands, and when he does that small part from speechless its obvious its him.
So maybe he didnt  Dazzle us with his moves because hes waiting to do that  when he comes back. Remember in Willy wonka and the chocolate factory, when wonka first comes out to greet his guest. he comes out acting all old and crippled and BAM!!! He does a role and shows he still got it!!

Then explain to me the dancing in TII where we see parts of him in Smooth Criminal, The way you make me feel, J5 medley and Thriller wher (at the times it's him and not a double) he IS showing he still got it? Besides that, the differences in body shape are too big.

SOuza, I want your opinion on something... I feel, because of I can see, that this particullar performance that we can see in this is it have both, mj and the double, and sometimes I got the feeling that are the two on stage, together but we only see the double (like when the dancers are looking at the stage) I say this because this performance was at the beggining of the rehearsals (like the speech of MJ about the 4 years) and not at staples (I think)... could be that he was testing some dancers?  they talk about eleven dancers at culver on TDCAU and I see 11 at the end of the movie... but i canĀ“t see all them together in TII, could be that one of this dancers was the double?

That has crossed my mind as well, and that is a possibility. But I really don't have a clue, for all I know it could be Johnny Depp.

Finally found the quote. We thought Depp could dance like MJ because of his AIW routine, now we know it is Elsewhere. This is so entertaining - oh I mean TII is so entertaining.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

carap

October 21, 2010, 07:19:33 AM
me neither do not see ours Michael in this Billie Jean.
Seems silly to say this but in TII when MJ grab his cruch .... that hand has no limp / is powerless, as is ashamed of this act .... and we know the move  :) is powerfull.

My English is soooooo bad but I hope you understand what I mean
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions