*Mo*

Audio & Video Of Prince’s “Welcome 2 America” Press Confusion…Er Conference

So, Prince held a press conference in New York City earlier this evening.  A Rolling Stone journalist had it spot on when he said Prince would be holding a mysterious press conference….because people don’t really know what he announced.

A full on U.S. tour (Major rumor for a couple of months now) or a residency at the Apollo Theatre in New York.

It is called “Welcome To America” and usually, when tourists first travel to America, the first place they either visit or travel is New York.  So….it would make more sense that a residency in New York is happening.  Also, the skyscrapers in some of the posters are of a New York Skyline.  Plus, would you really call a tour “Welcome To America?”

“Maceo Parker. Esperanza Spaulding. Sheila E,  Larry Graham, Mint Condition, Sinbad, Cassandra Wilson.  Dr. Funkenberry doing the chicken dance.   I am master of ceremonies. Welcome to America.”

Below is audio and video of the press conference.

[youtube:re0rasgl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVEA_nf3h5I[/youtube:re0rasgl]

Also, Prince, I Love you man.  I may not look you in the eye when we are in the same room and have my date talk to you instead of me, but it is all about respect.  So, whoever picked out that shirt for you (please don’t let it be someone I know) dock them the pay it cost them to make the shirt, sing 4 hail mary’s n toss that top in yesterday’s basura.    I bet Rihanna is wearing it in 2 weeks though.-Dr.FB

P.S. thanks to a friend for sending the audio and the exclusive photos we had earlier.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Well, that press conference certainly had a ring of familiarity about it!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

Sounds like a good concert, the lineup of musicians are ones to see for sure. Like his shades looks like the aviator shape glasses, hmmmm. Good to know Prince will be on stage in America, I was thinking he would tour europe being he released his 20ten album throughout europe, but have not seen a u.s. release of the ablum yet. Did get a chance to listen to some of his songs via internet off of the ablum, it's pretty good.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Transcript of the above video:

Welcome...welcome to America.  We're here today in New York to announce a series of events...that will begin...on a purple day in December in the year 2010.

Welcome to America is best described as...what we've all been waiting for.  

I will serve as master of ceremonies for multiple nights of entertainment that will some of the best artists this country has to offer.  We're talking about a list which includes but not limited to the legendary Maceo Parker, my favorite new artist Janelle Monae, from Minneapolis Mint Condition, the new face of jazz and classical music Esperanza Spaulding, and one who's been around for a while but still continues to haunt me to this day Cassandra Wilson.  

Sinbad, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E and of course Grand Central Station are just some of the names that have agreed to showcase their talents along with the New Power Generation and I.

Without giving too much away, anyone who has even been to one of our concerts, inclusive of Stephen Hill, knows...they know what time it is.  So you need to come early, you need to come often because every time we play there's always something new, no concert is ever the same, I got a lot of hits.

Bring friends, bring your children, and bring foot spray 'cause it's gonna be funky.  

Welcome to America.  Peace.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Prince still looks exactly the same.  It's like he doesn't age.  He look good and he's so calm now.  On the BET awards he told the young artist in his speech that they don't have to follow down the same path he took in the past because he was wild back in the day.  Now he's very spiritual and totally different.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Wow Prince is another master of mystery..

As I have said before I think Prince may just know a lot about certain things that maybe some people don't want the public to know... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Quote from: "trublu"
Wow Prince is another master of mystery..

As I have said before I think Prince may just know a lot about certain things that maybe some people don't want the public to know... :?

No doubt in my mind about that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

hmm bring your children
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

looking at the pic reminds me of somthing wonder wat it could be :?:  mike said  see you in july month before he 'died'. prince see u in december or will u die a month before lol :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with-Michael Jackson

Michael you Thrilled me and you Rocked my world and i can\'t wait till you come back

*Mo*

Quote from: "MJ King Of Pop"
looking at the pic reminds me of somthing wonder wat it could be :?:  mike said  see you in july month before he 'died'. prince see u in december or will u die a month before lol :lol:

Actually, there IS talk about that very same issue on prince.org  ;)  
Uh-Oh....I think were in trouble P-Fans.
please, please, please don't let this be another MJ type of deal....that would be TOO much to handle..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Looks like the same red curtain back drop as in those pictures of Michael popping up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Quote from: "*Mo*"

please, please, please don't let this be another MJ type of deal....that would be TOO much to handle..

This is exactly what I thought as soon as I saw it, but I didn't want to say it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wow well us and them better  get ready in case tat is wat its meant to happen. could u give a link to the site please mo i would like to see more about what people are saying bout it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with-Michael Jackson

Michael you Thrilled me and you Rocked my world and i can\'t wait till you come back

*Mo*

wow well us and them better get in case tat is wat its meant to be

Prince fans uniting with Michael Jackson fans..? That ain't gonna happen.  There's no respect for Michael Jackson among Prince fans.  Bring Michael Jackson up on a Prince forum, and you'll get executed right away.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wow well us and them better get in case tat is wat its meant to be

Prince fans uniting with Michael Jackson fans..? That ain't gonna happen.  There's no respect for Michael Jackson among Prince fans.  Bring Michael Jackson up on a Prince forum, and you'll get executed right away.

I know us mj fans will never unite wit prince fans  and i don't want it to happen  cause i do not like prince like the people here but we still have to prepare ourself if it is going to happen
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal