Whatever Happens - Stripping the lyrics
October 03, 2010, 08:23:02 PM
"Whatever Happens"

He gives another smile, tries to understand her side ("Her" being his fans or the world in general. He gives another smile, a clue maybe? One that shows he understands how frustrated we all are...like the sunflowers...the "Where You Are" remake...those were all gifts to us to confirm our beliefs and reward us for sticking with it)
To show that he cares
She's consumed with everything that's been goin' on (we are consumed and worried about EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN GOIN' ON!)
She says

[Chorus]
Whatever happens, don't let go of my hand (I think this speaks for itself. Don't give up!)

Everything will be alright, he assures her (It's all for Love!)
But she doesn't hear a word that he says
Preoccupied, she's afraid
Afraid that what they're doing is not right (We're afraid that this hoax isn't right...we talk about the legality of it and the morality for that matter..at least this is how some feel or have felt at one point in time. We ignored lots of clues and said it was "impossible")
He doesn't know what to say, so he prays (Again, as in the last song I posted, this is a reference to his faith in God and the importance it has in the hoax)
Whatever, whatever, whatever

[Chorus]
Whatever happens, don't let go of my hand
Whatever happens, don't you let go of my hand

Don't let go of my hand
Don't let go of my hand

He's working day and night, thinks he'll make her happy (he really is Behind the Scenes, trying hard to make a difference in the world for us all)
Forgetting all the dreams that he had (Perhaps his dreams started off as being a great entertainer, but once he acheived that, he realized he had to change his dream to making the world a better place)
He doesn't realize it's not the end of the world (2o12 reference, perhaps alluding to the new age of Aquairius that we recently discussed???)
It doesn't have to be that bad
She tries to explain, "It's you that makes me happy," (This could possibly be about the fans who are just obsessed with him as a celebrity that they arent paying any attention to why this is all really going on. They just want him to come back and be the King of Pop again. But the happiness he sings about in the first line of this verse is a different kind of happiness. We need to worry about whats really going on in this world, Mike isn't here for our entertainment anymore, but to lead us in this revolution!)
Whatever, whatever, whatever

[Chorus]

Again...this is just my interpretation, please don't take it TOO serious  ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

gwynned

Re: Whatever Happens - Stripping the lyrics
October 31, 2010, 04:47:38 PM
I listened to the whole album again today and see that it tells a story from beginning to end.  He ends with this song and I think it's significant that a new music video of it was released recently.  

Whatever happens to and during this hoax, we simply have to keep believing, because he will safely guide us through.  As he says, "It doesn't have to be that bad."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions