Elvis Presley Special - So Familiar
September 27, 2010, 02:10:42 PM
Hello fam,

I have been kinda out of it for a while.  Today marks the 14th year anniversary of my son's fiery death on the highways of Atlanta.  So I am off work and remembering him.  He was 24 and the light of my life.  I will love and miss my baby until the day I die.  Rest in Peace, Angel.  Rest in Peace.

Of course, this day not only reminds me of the loss of my child, but also of Michael Jackson because in my heart, I've always loved him as if he were my own.  Always worried about him.  Now it seems they are both together and it makes things quite deja vue for me.  So as i sat here in some semblance of reflection, I starter flicking through the channels on the tv I came across a documentary special on Elvis Presley, ET The Last Days of Elvis Presley.  Oh. My. God :(  this is Michael's life to some degree.  Not everything, but so many things parallelled.  And the reality is so sad.  

When I was a little girl, Elvis Presley was every little girls dream.  I loved him.  And that lasted for many, many years.  But I was young then, and when he started falling apart, my priorities were elsewhere.  I knew of his drug usage and his weight gain and his failed  relationships, but i did not know to what extent his life was falling or rather had completely fallen apart.  Now as I watch this, it breaks my heart.  He was the most beautiful man alive.  He died a shell of himself.  But it is the doctors and the drugs that have knocked me off of my feet.  It's the money hungry leeches in his wake who were more concerned about money that brings yesterday into today and I'm seeing that his final days were basically filled with the very same turmoils as was Michael Jackson's.  No one cared about the man.  It was what he could earn for the powers that be.  The statement "the brought him up with drugs to rehearse and perform; and they put him down with drugs so he could rest and be ready for the next run".   :idea:  :idea:  That's Michael all over again.  Could it be that the people in Michael's own entourage were oblivious to the similarities of Elvis' last days, or were they in fact using it to gauge how to deal with michael, knowing what the outcome would be and possibly planning for it?  I don't know, but this is so so eerily similar that if there is a trial, if the prosecutors are smart, they will look further into this.  It's never coincidence.  Everything is done for a reason.  

To everyone who has ever lost someone you love to violence, to drugs, what ever, God bless you.  The pain never goes away.  And in the case of someone else deliberately leading someone you loved to an early death, I believe, there is a method to the madness and somewhere along the way, they will have to make amends with themselves and a higher power, what ever or whom ever that might be.

Love you guys.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Re: Elvis Presley Special - So Familiar
September 27, 2010, 03:35:45 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Hello fam,

I have been kinda out of it for a while.  Today marks the 14th year anniversary of my son's fiery death on the highways of Atlanta.  So I am off work and remembering him.  He was 24 and the light of my life.  I will love and miss my baby until the day I die.  Rest in Peace, Angel.  Rest in Peace.

Of course, this day not only reminds me of the loss of my child, but also of Michael Jackson because in my heart, I've always loved him as if he were my own.  Always worried about him.  Now it seems they are both together and it makes things quite deja vue for me.  So as i sat here in some semblance of reflection, I starter flicking through the channels on the tv I came across a documentary special on Elvis Presley, ET The Last Days of Elvis Presley.  Oh. My. God :(  this is Michael's life to some degree.  Not everything, but so many things parallelled.  And the reality is so sad.  

When I was a little girl, Elvis Presley was every little girls dream.  I loved him.  And that lasted for many, many years.  But I was young then, and when he started falling apart, my priorities were elsewhere.  I knew of his drug usage and his weight gain and his failed  relationships, but i did not know to what extent his life was falling or rather had completely fallen apart.  Now as I watch this, it breaks my heart.  He was the most beautiful man alive.  He died a shell of himself.  But it is the doctors and the drugs that have knocked me off of my feet.  It's the money hungry leeches in his wake who were more concerned about money that brings yesterday into today and I'm seeing that his final days were basically filled with the very same turmoils as was Michael Jackson's.  No one cared about the man.  It was what he could earn for the powers that be.  The statement "the brought him up with drugs to rehearse and perform; and they put him down with drugs so he could rest and be ready for the next run".   :idea:  :idea:  That's Michael all over again.  Could it be that the people in Michael's own entourage were oblivious to the similarities of Elvis' last days, or were they in fact using it to gauge how to deal with michael, knowing what the outcome would be and possibly planning for it?  I don't know, but this is so so eerily similar that if there is a trial, if the prosecutors are smart, they will look further into this.  It's never coincidence.  Everything is done for a reason.  

To everyone who has ever lost someone you love to violence, to drugs, what ever, God bless you.  The pain never goes away.  And in the case of someone else deliberately leading someone you loved to an early death, I believe, there is a method to the madness and somewhere along the way, they will have to make amends with themselves and a higher power, what ever or whom ever that might be.

Love you guys.

God bless you for this post hesouttamylife. God is so rich in love and mercy. He stores our tears in a bottle; gives us memories to keep our loved ones close in our thoughts always; gives us examples to deter us from repeating the mistakes of our ancestors; gives us guardian angels to lead us in this journey called life and gives us other humans who understand the heartfelt emotion of another. Yes, God is good and His mercy endures forever. You are in my prayers. God is good and His mercy endures forever. We will miss our dearly departed every single day yet thankfully they will always live on in our hearts and in our lives if we allow it. One day we will be joined again when God calls us home.

May be my ignorance, but why would they be showing an Elvis documentary at this time (just wondering)? It's not his birthday or anything...yes, there were a lot of similarities but also a lot of difference (in my opinion). Blessings to you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

September 27, 2010, 03:56:22 PM
Honey your story has hit me so hard, because your son was the same age as me (give or take a year - I'm a '71 baby).

I wish I had some wonderful words of comfort but I'm not always good with that.... I haven't experienced the death of anyone really close so I can't even begin to understand what it's like.

If I was by you, I would just hug you.

So sending a long distance hug and prayers your way. <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

September 27, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

May be my ignorance, but why would they be showing an Elvis documentary at this time (just wondering)? It's not his birthday or anything...yes, there were a lot of similarities but also a lot of difference (in my opinion). Blessings to you.

It's definitely more common to find EP specials on around his birthday or death anniversary...but that's not the only time those things are aired. I see his movies and documentary type specials at any time through the year. It's just more common to see them over those anniversary/birth times, and there are much more of them then. :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

September 27, 2010, 09:00:08 PM
I forgot to add, .. IF he actually died.  Got so carried away by the moment that for a minute I kinda lost sight of things.  I am still praying for a different ending to the story.  It just reminded me of "the day or rather the days when I didn't know where to turn.

thank you for the compassion.  I really do feel at home here, and I still share in the hope that Michael's will be a never ending story.  God how much my outlook on life and people would change.  I always want to believe that man is basically good and that he cares for other human experiences.  But to this day, I have yet to be convinced.  Michael's reveal, in any little way, would finally cement my belief in stone.  I am saying a prayer this day, this night that the Jackson family and the entire Michael Jackson community of love will have cause to brag and boast and say to the rest of the world "I told you so".  Nothing on earth could make me happier.  Absolutely nothing.  I'm outta here.  Got more memories to live and still more tears to cry.  

But I will be back, maybe tomorrow :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

MJonmind

September 28, 2010, 12:24:14 AM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I forgot to add, .. IF he actually died.  Got so carried away by the moment that for a minute I kinda lost sight of things.  I am still praying for a different ending to the story.  It just reminded me of "the day or rather the days when I didn't know where to turn.

thank you for the compassion.  I really do feel at home here, and I still share in the hope that Michael's will be a never ending story.  God how much my outlook on life and people would change.  I always want to believe that man is basically good and that he cares for other human experiences.  But to this day, I have yet to be convinced.  Michael's reveal, in any little way, would finally cement my belief in stone.  I am saying a prayer this day, this night that the Jackson family and the entire Michael Jackson community of love will have cause to brag and boast and say to the rest of the world "I told you so".  Nothing on earth could make me happier.  Absolutely nothing.  I'm outta here.  Got more memories to live and still more tears to cry.  

But I will be back, maybe tomorrow :|
I can't even imagine the pain you go through for all these years, but hope you find comfort here, and elsewhere. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 28, 2010, 12:48:35 AM
Quote from: "Christiana"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

It's definitely more common to find EP specials on around his birthday or death anniversary...but that's not the only time those things are aired. I see his movies and documentary type specials at any time through the year. It's just more common to see them over those anniversary/birth times, and there are much more of them then. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info - I don't watch much television and I don't have cable so I wasn't aware. Blessings and group hug to hesouttamylife!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

clea

September 28, 2010, 07:32:58 AM
I think many of you, I hope you find much comfort  hesouttamylife.
May God comfort you and give you His Peace.
One day you find your beloved son.

I also find that there is much similarity in the tragic death of Elvis, just like Michael.
Money! it's the only thing that matters, it does not care about men!

Sorry for my English

Kisses hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions