curlsTopic starter

Just some thoughts
September 24, 2010, 09:46:04 AM
Not really a theory, just some thoughts I've been having in the past few days that I wanted to write down.

MJ has apparenty been acting, pretending, lying for pretty much all of his life because it was demanded by the music industry environment that he was thrust into as little more than a baby. He learnt to use the media, to give them what they wanted and at first they responded in a positive way. Then it all went wrong, maybe they realised he was playing with them and wanted to take him down a peg or two, but still he continued to mess with them - being 'the beast' they wanted to see.

I keep having this feeling, and please don't think I'm being disrespectful here, that he brought many of his troubles on himself, quite possibly deliberately, because he always wanted to be in the spotlight - it was the only place he knew how to be. And it was the place he knew he needed to be if the world was going to listen to his message of love. And who can deny that his 'problems' gave him the material for some of the best music of our time? Don't we all love 'the angry MJ' who boldly speaks up for himself in HIStory and the self-confident MJ in Invincible?

But then we have the other side of him - the Man as opposed to the Performer. I'm amazed at how someone with his backgound, who had to grow and develop in what most would consider a totally bizarre and false environment, could develop, nurture and retain such a loving, kind, generous spirit. I think it would break and ruin all but the strongest.  He said once that being in the public eye from the age of 5 automatically makes you different - well, his 'difference' just makes me admire him all the more!

Think that's enough for now!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Just some thoughts
September 24, 2010, 10:30:40 AM
Interesting, I've been having similar thoughts!

Last night I was listening to his music, and was thinking about all the different types of songs he has that appeals to all different kinds of people. It's almost as if he was given this gift of music so that he could literally be known to every single person in the world. Loved by most of them, but maybe the negative press was required for the few that he couldn't reach with his music? Or just to make him even more famous around the world. Wouldn't necessarily mean he did it all on purpose, but it could. Could also mean that some divine intervention was involved. All of that needed to happen.

Maybe all along his purpose has been his message of love. Maybe all along the purpose of his life has been in preparation for THIS MOMENT in history. Maybe he's always known that and that is why he's so spirtiual and so at peace with what has happened to him in his life. Maybe he's been able to rise above it all and see the Big Picture and his specific place in it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

curlsTopic starter

Re: Just some thoughts
September 25, 2010, 02:36:52 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"

Maybe all along his purpose has been his message of love. Maybe all along the purpose of his life has been in preparation for THIS MOMENT in history. Maybe he's always known that and that is why he's so spirtiual and so at peace with what has happened to him in his life. Maybe he's been able to rise above it all and see the Big Picture and his specific place in it.

Thanks for your thoughts. This consistency is what makes him stand out. No matter what difficulties he's had in his life, he's always kept that strong, honest, humble, loving nature. I don't know how he's managed that, but I can guess his faith plays a major part.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions