Re: Quincy Jones: I never kicked Michael Jackson
September 09, 2010, 04:46:43 PM
I agree with you Serenitys Dream  :D

To me, being a diva is being outlandish, impudent, self-centered and self-serving, without considering the feelings of those around you. It is also a behavior that repeats itself and is consistent. Granted, I have not spent any time with Michael.....but I stand by the fact that a diva-in the true sense of the word-would not have the humility that Michael possesses-it is quite simply diabolical, in my humble opinion. Furthermore, children will mimic their parents behavior and I have not heard any reports or seen any behavior from the children indicating so.  

In addition, being assertive and/or firm in the direction of one's work, is not "diva-like" in my opinion either. To me, that is what experts naturally do in an effort to produce the best end result. And, we all know that Michael is the best man to determine how his concert production or album was to be produced.

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
It's kinda funny, but I can see Michael being diva-ish if he wanted certain things done certain ways. Remember in This Is It when the pianist wanted to add some extra "booty" to the song and he told him point blank, I want you to play it like I wrote it.  He gave him that look like, either get with My way or hit the highway. :lol:  I loved it :lol:

Michael who is directing the performance in TII, concerned about presentation and wanting everything to be perfect is not being diva-ish.
A Diva is someone who is extremely talented but makes outlandish demands on others. They are temperamental, demanding and overly dramatic. When used in this context it is not a compliment.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

September 09, 2010, 05:03:32 PM
I think I see what you mean and in MJs case I feel it as sort of a theatrical tendency.BTW,me too,I had to laugh about that scene!Same with Kenny when he suggests MJ to drink some water and he starts singing water,water in TII.I just love it , he does it in a sweet way
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 05:24:21 PM
Quote from: "raphaelleanique"
I think I see what you mean and in MJs case I feel it as sort of a theatrical tendency.BTW,me too,I had to laugh about that scene!Same with Kenny when he suggests MJ to drink some water and he starts singing water,water in TII.I just love it , he does it in a sweet way

Exactly. You see where I'm coming from.  Nothing sinister at all.  Michael is a sweetheart, regardless.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

September 09, 2010, 05:27:52 PM
speaking of Quincey, here is today's article:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quincy Jones: No one is to blame for Michael's death
By MusicRooms

09/09/2010
Quincy Jones says no one is to blame for Michael Jackson’s death.

The legendary producer was devastated at the loss of his close friend from acute Propofol intoxication in 2009 but insists he doesn’t hold anyone responsible.

When asked if he knew Michael had been ill before he died, he said: “No. There was no way to know. There’s no way anybody could be blamed for what happened.”

Although Michael’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray – who is accused of administering a lethal amount of the anaesthetic Propofol to the pop superstar just before his death – has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and is facing a court case, Quincy believes he can’t be held responsible for the ‘Bad’ singer’s demise.

He explained to The Guardian newspaper: “Artists of that stature – they can do whatever they want. You’d have to monitor him 24/7 to know what’s going on.”

Quincy, 77, also revealed he feels guilty that he didn’t see Michael when the pair were both in London before his death.

The 77-year-old music mogul – who produced Michael’s three critically acclaimed solo albums ‘Off The Wall’, ‘Thriller’ and ‘Bad’ - said: “I was in London when he sold out the 10 concerts, and then sold out 40 more. He called me. He wanted to bring the kids over. But I was with Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said, ‘I’ll see you in Los Angeles.’ And that was the last time I talked to him.”
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

September 09, 2010, 07:10:27 PM
I could picture Michael being somewhat "diva-ish" behind the scenes. I mean I know he was never big-headed about the fame, but he is the King of Pop. In This Is It I swear I could see some diva in him  :lol: i.e. The Way You Make Me Feel. "No! No! No! You're not letting it simmer. You have to let it simmer!"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
June 25, 2009 - The Day I Woke Up

MJonmind

September 09, 2010, 08:00:18 PM
Many people that have worked with Michael consistantly have reported that Michael was wonderful to work with, funny and kidding around, but also focused, perfectionist, but dealing with things kindly. One example I read way back somewhere was where someone was getting high and mighty and causing friction, and MJ called him into his private office and had his guard pie him, and sent him back to work. The employee behaved himself after that. Amazing problem solving abilities MJ has!

The only two times Michael seemed overly testy was the story of him throwing his gaurd's cell phone at the window, it breaking and MJ calmly saying, "I guess you'll need a new phone."
Then in the Taborelli book if I can remember, MJ was to meet some dignitaries and there were a lot of press present. MJ locked himself in a bathroom or something and refused to come out, until all the people left and only a handful were present. They were standing at the door pleading with MJ to come out and trying to negotiate how many could be there. I'm sure Michael had to hold his ground many times or people would walk all over him. This may sound weird, but his childhood of verbally standing up to his father and running from beatings, may have prepared him for learning how to cleverly maneuver around other maniacal pushy controlling people.

When Quincy said he knew how to handle MJ's diva-ish behaviour, it reminded me of MJ saying in an interview that he knew how to handle the fans being aggressive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 09, 2010, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
The only two times Michael seemed overly testy was the story of him throwing his gaurd's cell phone at the window, it breaking and MJ calmly saying, "I guess you'll need a new phone."
:lol: Sorry, but that's funny...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 08:35:08 PM
Quote from: "~Souza~"
Quote from: "MJonmind"
:lol: Sorry, but that's funny...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

September 09, 2010, 10:54:35 PM
I don't think Quincy is in the "know" about the hoax. Didn't he state in an interview after Michael "died" that he never understood why Michael bleached his skin. I recall him saying something to the effect of "Michael kept claiming that he had a skin condition, blah, blah blah." He clearly didn't believe that Michael really had vitiligo. I was actually rather turned off from his comments and demeanor in that interview. Based on that, I think that he really believes that Michael is dead and is merely stating that he doesn't think it is anyone's fault. To me, this insinuates that he thinks it is Michael's fault. There is just something about Quincy that rubs me wrong. It's almost like he is trying to keep a distance or something.

I just posted the above statement in another thread, but thought it may actually be more appropriate in this one.  I'll add this, if Quincy knew how to handle Michael so well, why did Michael chose not to work with him after Bad?

Regarding the Diva comment, I could see Michael being a bit of a Diva at times.  I mean no disrespect to him, but I really can see it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

September 09, 2010, 11:58:26 PM
It seems to me that MIchael frequently mentions Quincy Jones in reference to Thrilller, in many places, and always postive. Too bad Quincy can't return the favor, as I'm sure MJ made him a wealthy man and name well-known. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
September 10, 2010, 03:19:07 AM
This is what caught my eye.......Quincy Jones was at Mohamed Al Fayed house...in London.  Wasn't he going to erect a monument for Michael Jackson at one of his Harrods stores???  I wonder if that has been done already.

He is an Egyption millionaire, turned philanthropist....he has a permanent monument for Princess Dianna and Dodi....

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
September 10, 2010, 03:38:35 AM
Mohamed Al Fayed says he feared for Michael Jackson last time they met
  27/06/2009

Harrods boss Mohamed Al Fayed told yesterday how he was "very worried" about Jacko the last time they met.
Mr Al Fayed, who had been friends with the singer for years, described him as "a legend" but admitted that he brushed off friends' concerns and "didn't listen to anybody".

He said yesterday: "I'm distraught. I can't believe this could happen. He was such a great character - a legend. The news was such a shock, I didn't sleep last night.

"I knew him very well. The last time I saw him I was really worried about him, but he didn't listen to anybody."
Mr Al Fayed added: "His legacy will live on for ever, there will never be a man like him. He had a great gift and was an amazing performer."

Mr Al Fayed plans a memorial to Jacko in his Harrods store in London which was one of the singer's favourite places to shop.

Harrods owner plans Michael Jackson memorial statue

London, June 27 : Harrods owner Mohamed al Fayed has said that a Michael Jackson memorial statue will be put up at the Knightsbridge store.

Fayed said: "I''m distraught, can''t believe this could happen, it''s a total shock. He was such a great character - a legend.

"I didn''t sleep last night. Some media were saying he was still alive but on the other side they were saying he was dead."

He said Jackson once asked to have his own statue at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge, central London, which was "one of his favourite places", reports The Scotsman.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Published: Sunday, Sep 12, 2010, 17:34 IST
Place: London | Agency: ANI

Michael Jackson apparently sacked longtime pal and collaborator Quincy Jones after the producer tried to steer the King of Pop's musical style towards hip-hop.

The pair worked together on Jackson's albums, Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad, but their relationship soured when Jones tried to turn him into a rapper.

"Michael fired me... He said, 'Quincy doesn't understand the business any more. He doesn't know that rap is dead'. But it's OK. It (hip-hop) wasn't so obvious then," The Daily Star quoted Jones as telling The Guardian.

The pair remained friends, however, and Jackson reached out to his pal shortly before his death last year, while he was preparing for his London concert series.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

September 12, 2010, 08:04:04 AM
Quote from: "2good2btrue"
Mohamed Al Fayed says he feared for Michael Jackson last time they met
  27/06/2009

Harrods boss Mohamed Al Fayed told yesterday how he was "very worried" about Jacko the last time they met.
Mr Al Fayed, who had been friends with the singer for years, described him as "a legend" but admitted that he brushed off friends' concerns and "didn't listen to anybody".

He said yesterday: "I'm distraught. I can't believe this could happen. He was such a great character - a legend. The news was such a shock, I didn't sleep last night.

"I knew him very well. The last time I saw him I was really worried about him, but he didn't listen to anybody."
Mr Al Fayed added: "His legacy will live on for ever, there will never be a man like him. He had a great gift and was an amazing performer."

Mr Al Fayed plans a memorial to Jacko in his Harrods store in London which was one of the singer's favourite places to shop.

Harrods owner plans Michael Jackson memorial statue

London, June 27 : Harrods owner Mohamed al Fayed has said that a Michael Jackson memorial statue will be put up at the Knightsbridge store.

Fayed said: "I''m distraught, can''t believe this could happen, it''s a total shock. He was such a great character - a legend.

"I didn''t sleep last night. Some media were saying he was still alive but on the other side they were saying he was dead."

He said Jackson once asked to have his own statue at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge, central London, which was "one of his favourite places", reports The Scotsman.

So he knows about MJ death for the news... like all of us... I want to know who really know about the dead by a medical source because we know that at the hospital a nurse told to someone, and someone told to katherine, and on and on... and then Jermaine´s speech... and kenny saying to the TII team, don´t believe waht you hear on the news and came to rehearsals... i just talk to michael j... doctor...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Serenitys_Dream

Professor Griff from "Public Enemy" discusses Quincy Jones...

[youtube:2omq5cdz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsI1A_vMEr8[/youtube:2omq5cdz]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions