Quincy Jones: I never kicked Michael Jackson
September 09, 2010, 10:30:04 AM
b]Quincy Jones: I never kicked Michael Jackson[/b]

09/09/2010
Quincy Jones has denied reports he used to kick Michael Jackson to keep him in line, but says he “knew how to handle” the late star.

The 77-year-old record producer worked with the late ‘King of Pop’ on three of his most successful albums, Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad. Quincy has admitted Michael had the tendency to behave like a diva, but says he always managed to get him to toe the line – without resorting to physical violence as some reports have accused him of.

"Ha ha! No, but I knew how to handle Michael,” Quincy laughed when asked if rumours he often kicked Michael were true.

Michael fired Quincy after 1987 record Bad, saying he wanted to move in a different direction. Despite this, the pair remained friends until Michael died in June 2009 of acute Propofol intoxication by intravenous injection of another.

The star’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray has been charged with involuntary manslaughter for his involvement in Michael’s death, but Quincy insists no one is to blame.

"There was no way to know [Michael was in a bad way]. There's no way anybody could be blamed for what happened,” Quincy told British newspaper The Guardian.

“Artists of that stature – they can do whatever they want. You'd have to monitor him 24-7 to know what's going on. I don't know, man. It's personal. So, so personal. There's too many details. Unless you're totally cognisant of everything, it's hard to make a judgment."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

mumof3

Re: Quincy Jones: I never kicked Michael Jackson
September 09, 2010, 11:55:40 AM
Some friend he is he does not seem to care what happened
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 12:45:31 PM
NO ONE IS TO BLAME!!!!

of course no one to blame, cause NO ONE DIED.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
SAVE UR CASH, DON\'T BUY TABLOID TRASH.

]

paula-c

September 09, 2010, 12:57:56 PM
Michael had the tendency to behave like a diva .. is the first time I hear someone say this.
- "Nobody is at fault"
- "There is no way anyone can be blamed for what happened"
Well, we already know, :lol:  but believe that these statements are preparing the way for Murray has been declared guilty. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 09, 2010, 01:02:55 PM
"Ha ha! No, but I knew how to handle Michael,” Quincy laughed when asked if rumours he often kicked Michael were true.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 01:05:44 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha. This has to be a joke!!!!!!!!!! I cannot imagine Michael to be a diva. After all, if he had this diva attitude it would have been apparent to the world and he definitely would not have such well adjusted children (because, as we know, the apple does not fall far from the tree. And, his kids do NOT have diva attitudes!)

Could these ridiculously false pieces be blatant clues to us?!?!?!?! I am suspecting so!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Supporter
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
~Mahatma Gandhi

~Souza~

September 09, 2010, 01:45:23 PM
Quote from: "michaelsupporter"
Ha ha ha ha ha. This has to be a joke!!!!!!!!!! I cannot imagine Michael to be a diva. After all, if he had this diva attitude it would have been apparent to the world and he definitely would not have such well adjusted children (because, as we know, the apple does not fall far from the tree. And, his kids do NOT have diva attitudes!)

Could these ridiculously false pieces be blatant clues to us?!?!?!?! I am suspecting so!!!!

How can you be so sure about that? And forget about Quincy's story, but how can you be so sure Mike would never behave like that? You can't because all we know is his public image, we don't know anything about the true him. Who knows, maybe he is a pain in the butt at times.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

September 09, 2010, 01:58:41 PM
Quincy - 77 years old  (sorry :lol: )

I think that maybe he have sometimes to be a DIVA, imagine if he was friendly and nice with all the world... after what happened to him i think maybe he have some Diva atitude... I believe he could...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

September 09, 2010, 02:31:14 PM
Urgh. Quincy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

Serenitys_Dream

September 09, 2010, 03:01:30 PM
I am very suspicious of Quincy Jones. He has said some very unkind things about Michael. Even if anything Mr. QJ has said is true would a real friend be saying such things about a "dear friend" after that person has "passed away". Michael did fire Mr. QJ and when Michael was making the O2 announcements Mr. QJ was in London at Mohamed Al Fayed's home in London. Al Fayed is the father of Dodi Al Fayed who in the Paris tunnel with Lady Diana, where they both died. Mohamed Al Fayed has erected a very unusual memorial to his son and Diana.

Princess Diana’s Death and Memorial: The Occult Meaning: Memorial at Harrod’s Store
This is the 1st memorial dedicated to the unfortunate couple, on display at Harrods – a huge department store located in London. The store also happens to be owned by Dodi’s father. The symbolism here is extremely esoteric and significant. It surely deserves an in-depth analysis.
READ MORE: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quincy Jones: 'I knew how to handle Michael'
8 September 2010
They made three albums together – Off the Wall in 1979, Thriller in 1982, Bad in 1987 – a collaboration that changed pop for ever. "Then Michael fired me," Jones grins. He had been pushing Jackson towards hip-hop, but the singer had doubts. "He said, 'Quincy doesn't understand the business any more. He doesn't know that rap is dead.' But it's OK. It wasn't so obvious then."

Still, they were friends until the end. "I was in London when he sold out the 10 concerts, and then sold out 40 more. He called me. He wanted to bring the kids over. But I was with Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said, 'I'll see you in Los Angeles.' And that was the last time I talked to him."

Did you know he was in a bad way? "No, no," he says. "There was no way to know. There's no way anybody could be blamed for what happened. Artists of that stature – they can do whatever they want. You'd have to monitor him 24-7 to know what's going on." What about the number of performances? Was it too many for him to cope with? "I don't know, man. It's personal. So, so personal. There's too many details. Unless you're totally cognisant of everything, it's hard to make a judgment."

Really? Wouldn't the doctor that administered the drugs maybe have some responsibility if Michael died while under his care?

Quincy Jones: Michael Didn't Want to Be Black
July 03, 2009
Record producer Quincy Jones has revealed he does not believe Michael Jackson was suffering from vitiligo, a condition which changed the colour of his skin.

Quincy Jones claims Michael Jackson "didn't want to be black".

The music producer - who worked with the late pop icon on his iconic 'Bad', 'Thriller' and 'Off the Wall' albums - does not believe Michael suffered from a disease which caused his skin to lighten, insisting he wanted to alter his appearance.

Asked if he believed Michael was suffering from vitiligo, Quincy told Details magazine: "I don't believe in any of that bulls**t, no. No. Never. I've been around junkies and stuff all my life. I've heard every excuse. It's like smokers - 'I only smoke when I drink' and all that stuff. But it's bulls**t. You're justifying something that's destructive to your existence. But when somebody's hell-bent on it, you can't stop 'em.

"What his face turned into is ridiculous. Chemical peels and all of it. And I don't understand it. But he obviously didn't want to be black. You see his kids?"

Quincy added he spoke to Michael - who died of a suspected cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home last week - about his altering appearance but admits he has no idea why the King of Pop had such issued with his looks.

He said: "He'd come up with, 'Man, I promise you I have this disease,' and so forth, and 'I have a blister on my lungs,' and all that kind of bulls**t. It's hard, because Michael's a Virgo, man - he's very set in his ways. You can't talk him out of it.

"I'm just a musician and a record producer. I'm not a psychiatrist. I don't understand all that stuff. We all got problems."

The producer added he used to worry Michael was out of touch with reality, and wanted him to sing songs about love and human emotion to try to help him.

Referring to the 1972 song 'Ben' which was about Michael's pet rat, Quincy said: "I just wanted to hear him deal with a romantic relationship with a human being rather than a rat. I'm saying that facetiously, but it's true. I saw him at the Oscars very emotional about 'Ben' and I wanted to hear him get in touch with a real human relationship. 'She's Out of My Life' from 'Off the Wall' was written by Tommy Bahler from a very bad ending to a marriage. So it was very real. I was saving it for Sinatra. But I gave it to Michael. And Michael cried during every take, and I left the tears in.

These quotes do not sound like someone who cared about Michael to me...
Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:07:06 PM by Serenitys_Dream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dejavu

September 09, 2010, 03:04:23 PM
Thanks for the post Serenity, it says it all really...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael's Vision - The Immortal Experience

paula-c

September 09, 2010, 03:20:58 PM
Or maybe there are people who do not understand that there is another kind of love, which is the love of animals, nature, neighbor. When people see is these people who are capable of loving in this way, some see them as freaks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 03:40:54 PM
It's kinda funny, but I can see Michael being diva-ish if he wanted certain things done certain ways. Remember in This Is It when the pianist wanted to add some extra "booty" to the song and he told him point blank, I want you to play it like I wrote it.  He gave him that look like, either get with My way or hit the highway. :lol:  I loved it :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Serenitys_Dream

September 09, 2010, 03:47:10 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
It's kinda funny, but I can see Michael being diva-ish if he wanted certain things done certain ways. Remember in This Is It when the pianist wanted to add some extra "booty" to the song and he told him point blank, I want you to play it like I wrote it.  He gave him that look like, either get with My way or hit the highway. :lol:  I loved it :lol:

Michael who is directing the performance in TII, concerned about presentation and wanting everything to be perfect is not being diva-ish.
A Diva is someone who is extremely talented but makes outlandish demands on others. They are temperamental, demanding and overly dramatic. When used in this context it is not a compliment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 09, 2010, 03:56:41 PM
What ever, I still loved it and to me it was a bit diva-ish.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions