MJonmind

Re: Michael and Marijuana
May 15, 2012, 01:10:52 AM
The problem is I don’t think that any real solid scientific long-range studies have been done. And I have learned from when my daughter was doing a research paper, that even studies can be skewed because sponsers/government and other pressures can interfere with the set-up of the study and publishing the results. You’ll always find negative and positives personal experiences with using marijuana.  But how would you know with any particular situation what is related to the mj usage, or if other variables involved. You’d have to do studies with mice   with a completely controlled environment.

I asked my co-worker about her experience with it. She said she and her husband used to sell it. She smokes it only occasionally, but is a chain smoker with regular cigarettes. Her husband smokes regularly too, but used to smoke weed intensively years ago. She said she left him for some years because she felt it was the weed that made him aggressive and angry, mentally addicted to it also.  Concerning my nephew that I wrote about above, I’m actually fairly upset/distancing myself from him, for family reasons, which may relate to his mj usage, because of his temper, tongue and attitude.  Also I worked with a regular mj smoker for a few months, and I and others couldn’t stand him, but I don’t know if it was the weed making him the way he was, or only other factors.

RK
I can't believe there are so many pages already about simple smoking dope.  One would have to be very naive to think Michael hadn't come across it way early on in the day being in the music industry. It is not that hard to grow a plant for recreational or medical use yourself if you should so desire to. I don't think this is the answer to the hoax why as such...it's simply another avenue or rabbit hole to venture down. This hoax has had many such knowledge gaining trails and this is another of them.

Yes, though I think the plant may have some small part to play in the 'healing of the world', so it's on MJ's list of things that need to be addressed. Healing the world, as he is doing here I believe, is no simple thing (obviously  :icon_e_biggrin:)

KAP93
you could just as easily get addicted to Mr. Jackson if you're not too careful.

Some of us ARE 100% addicted!
I'm pretty much hopeless... :icon_geek: :woohoo2: ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

May 15, 2012, 01:53:04 AM
Its Her, you didn't respond to  my question in the Front/Back thread -- because I thought your comment was interesting!

Its Her
They can SEE that decriminalization of this tree of life, The Cure,
Wait, are you saying the Marijuana plant is the Tree of Life, for the healing of the nations?  Or just playing with words?

Okay maybe not Tree of Life, but maybe the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, that's if they smoked it! :icon_lol:

Genesis 2:9,17,
9 And out of the ground the LORD God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[d] of it you shall surely die…
Here’s the whole story of Adam and Eve and the great “sin” of eating from the tree that would make them wise—open their eyes!  (Sounds like Marijuana!)  Weird why they didn’t eat from the Tree of Life while they had the chance.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But we get a chance in End-times:
Revelation 22:1-2
22 Then the angel[a] showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Okay, maybe I'm not serious, but it kinda makes you speculate on actual trees these were and will be in the future. God did make them after-all, and maybe they have roles to play in the Big picture.  Imagine the world transformed by the proper usage and promotion of this one whole plant/tree with all it's parts.  Of course in unison with other innovative and healing ideas.  I'm sure our MJ's got a whole lot more ideas to share!!
Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:59:16 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

May 15, 2012, 09:35:47 AM
I was thinking...MJ had a lot of pain in his back. Every person i talked to who consumed Maria said that the plant helped them more than anything to relieve the back pain.

Do we know if Michael smoked anything?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

RK

May 15, 2012, 01:19:46 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was thinking...MJ had a lot of pain in his back. Every person i talked to who consumed Maria said that the plant helped them more than anything to relieve the back pain.

Do we know if Michael smoked anything?
Yes according to Frank Casscio in his book. Only for a brief year or so he said.
Its Her, you didn't respond to  my question in the Front/Back thread -- because I thought your comment was interesting!

Its Her
Wait, are you saying the Marijuana plant is the Tree of Life, for the healing of the nations?  Or just playing with words?

Okay maybe not Tree of Life, but maybe the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, that's if they smoked it! :icon_lol:

Genesis 2:9,17,
9 And out of the ground the LORD God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden,
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[d] of it you shall surely die…
Here’s the whole story of Adam and Eve and the great “sin” of eating from the tree that would make them wise—open their eyes!  (Sounds like Marijuana!)  Weird why they didn’t eat from the Tree of Life while they had the chance.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

But we get a chance in End-times:
Revelation 22:1-2
22 Then the angel[a] showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Okay, maybe I'm not serious, but it kinda makes you speculate on actual trees these were and will be in the future. God did make them after-all, and maybe they have roles to play in the Big picture.  Imagine the world transformed by the proper usage and promotion of this one whole plant/tree with all it's parts.  Of course in unison with other innovative and healing ideas.  I'm sure our MJ's got a whole lot more ideas to share!!
Sorry to but in here, but I met a mad man once when I had first become a christian that was convinced that 'the plant' was the tree of life spoken about for the healing of the nations. He also swore black and blue that our then Premier, Joe Bjelkie Petersen was the antichrist. But the creepiest thing was that he took to his own leg with an axe. He said that he had to do it because of that scripture...if thine eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. He ended up an amputee. I was terrified of this poor man back then  and would cross the road to avoid having to talk to him.   :-\
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

May 15, 2012, 02:23:17 PM
Thanks, RK!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
May 15, 2012, 04:27:02 PM
Side effects of marijuana:
physical effects: Marijuana impairs the lungs and cells, especially white blood cells and spermatozoa. Accelerates the pulse. Lowers the defenses. It damages the throat (pharyngitis, cough). A joint just leaves more tar in the lungs that several cigarettes among other reasons because it is smoked without a filter (bronchitis, asthma). Psychic effects: Marijuana distorts the perception spoiling the sensitivity, decreased memory and will make it difficult to think, learn and make decisions, produces anxiety and aggression altering the psychic equilibrium. Makes you lose interest and motivation for the normal things (life, health, ...) to focus attention on the drug and its rituals. Marijuana creates psychological dependence while decreasing freedom affected think the opposite is true. Cause irreversible brain damage or slow recovery. Disorder increases the personal and physical appearance deteriorates.  :affraid: 

WOW! This reminds me of a movie I saw once :icon_arrow: REEFER MADNESS  :affraid: :affraid:

A  :ghsdf: propaganda  :icon_albino: film...

:thjajaja121:

Wish those side effects were not true but they are all true unfortunately. I experienced it as I wrote in my previous post. Yes, marijuana is a plant which has the effect of a dangerous drug which makes it a drug!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Its her

May 15, 2012, 05:15:42 PM
(originally asked in the Front & Back thread, where I was asked to not talk about marijuana there.  :smiley_abuv: )

Its Her
Hi MJonmind,

To answer your question, er, not exactly. While the Tree of Life is still on Earth but invisible, according to the Bible, it would be a major stretch to say for certain that they are the same item. For one thing, it was GOD who hid the Tree of Life from Man in his "fallen" state, to be revealed to us later, and it is Man keeping the world from the marijuana plant, now. There is a huge difference: the invisible one causes men to Live Forever and the Man-prohibited one simply causes healing and temporary happiness. ;D

It would be  :-[ catastrophic   :-[ for Man to live forever, permanently damaged and under the Tyrannical rule of the underworld. It seems to me that the tree could have been here in another form, SINCE the garden, because Jesus said that all who come personally to Him will never die. Once He makes it so each of us will never die, who needs the "Object"  formerly known  as "the Tree of Life"? Hmmm...

This would be something to pursue in depth on the sister site, where the Types and Shadows (TS? ???) were discussed. Not sure myself, if that tree was "a Type" of Christ, or "a Type" of the tree he died on :affraid:. But it would explain some things as being Forethought, because nothing surprises or escapes God, and He planned Eternal Life with Christ, way before Man went and fell... :icon_rolleyes:

I am not certain when, maybe during the Millenium, when Jesus is THE Authority here on Earth, mj or another plant which we may not recognize (because it is a completely other healing plant/tree than mj), will be here for everyone here to freely use for HEALING, since Jesus created it, and He'll be in Charge, ;) but it will not give anyone Eternal Life. I am thinking they are certainly two DIFFERENT trees. :icon_geek:

People are calling marijuana the "Tree of Life" because it KILLS diseases attempting to KILL US, without harming us AT ALL. I suppose it FEELS like someone gave you LIFE, once you are rescued from the clutches of something so hellishly painful, debilitating, disfiguring, and deadly as cancer. :-\

So they are calling it that out of sheer awe.  :icon_e_smile:
Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:28:37 PM by Its her
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

~Souza~

May 15, 2012, 07:24:27 PM
physical effects: Marijuana impairs the lungs and cells, especially white blood cells and spermatozoa. Accelerates the pulse. Lowers the defenses. It damages the throat (pharyngitis, cough). A joint just leaves more tar in the lungs that several cigarettes among other reasons because it is smoked without a filter (bronchitis, asthma). Psychic effects: Marijuana distorts the perception spoiling the sensitivity, decreased memory and will make it difficult to think, learn and make decisions, produces anxiety and aggression altering the psychic equilibrium. Makes you lose interest and motivation for the normal things (life, health, ...) to focus attention on the drug and its rituals. Marijuana creates psychological dependence while decreasing freedom affected think the opposite is true. Cause irreversible brain damage or slow recovery. Disorder increases the personal and physical appearance deteriorates.  :affraid: 

WOW! This reminds me of a movie I saw once :icon_arrow: REEFER MADNESS  :affraid: :affraid:

Wish those side effects were not true but they are all true unfortunately. I experienced it as I wrote in my previous post. Yes, marijuana is a plant which has the effect of a dangerous drug which makes it a drug!

Then it most likely wasn't pure weed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Its her

May 15, 2012, 07:33:58 PM

Wish those side effects were not true but they are all true :icon_question: unfortunately. I experienced it as I wrote in my previous post. Yes, marijuana is a plant which has the effect of a dangerous drug which makes it a drug!

Wow. I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience! I don't know what else may have been going on, because I don't know what else was in the weed you obtained, or what, if any prescriptions you were taking at the same time.

You didn't experience ALL of the effects in the list, because weed has never DAMAGED any brains, lungs or throats or body systems, and actually someone who has an illness exchanging gases in the lungs hadn't ought to be SMOKING  :affraid: anything! It probably needs to be used with a vaporizer or as cupcakes, and not as a joint, for lung sensitive folks. I only know what people tell me, including you, and even people with asthma are very happy with it. :) I don't know what happened with you, unless you got the weed mixed with any of the things unscrupulous people mix it with to make more profit :Crash:. When it is legal it will be safer. :icon_e_smile: 

:icon_arrow: It's possible you COULD be allergic to it or something added to it.  :confused: One sign of an allergy to a FOOD is a very rapid pulse, so it was probably not the body friendly natural THC, etc., in the weed. The herb "sage" is another all healing wonder, but some people are just allergic to it. :icon_e_confused:

Allergies are a tricky business. You can die suddenly, so they are nothing to fool with. They are also a BIG business  :Crash:. There used to be a genius and compassionate doctor who cured peoples' long time allergies, by rethinking what Histamine was FOR, in the human body. He couldn't believe that something God made the body produce would go so backwards in the body and kill people, and he was right. He was the guy with the Water Cure. Unfortunately, he was killed in 2004 after helping billions of people.  :'( :-\ :-\ :-\

There is a pill form of synthetic THC which is prescribed by medical doctors which is mostly useless if you ask around, and dangerous, because it is a doctored=ruined  :icon_mad: form of THC. Prescriptions are ALL toxins of various degrees, all by themselves.

The naturally growing, God-made plant nutrientS IN the natural state are perfectly  :icon_e_surprised: balanced with human physiology, especially receptors in the brain, lungs, liver and gut. It is a whole package. It is like this was purposely designed for US! Marijuana has been clinically given to EVEN people with the aforementioned pre-existing/pre-ingestion issues (anxiety, aggression, lethargy, and indecisiveness) without making these worse. It's not a cure ALL; it won't make one a self starter if one is decidedly lazy. It won't raise one's IQ who is lethargic and disinterested in applying himself to learning. It's not magic and it may not be for everyone. Please don't use it at all, then, or at least never alone, if it affects YOU in a scary way.  :bearhug:  :icon_e_smile:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

Its her

May 15, 2012, 08:40:17 PM
@It'sHer: I LOVED your posts! you're great!!!
Love you sis'!  :bearhug:

Thank You, SimPattyK!
Oh, I am just ranting my frustrations...YOU are finding some AMAZING things!!!! WOWEE!  :icon_bounce: All those bubbleweed references and mojo and lollipops. At least ten or more things connected directly to Hoax. My jaw was just  :o :o :o when we got all kinds of "denial". You found way more connections than I EVER even imagined!! Co-incidence shmo-incidence. :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121: What the heck??????????????

Makes ya THINK, huh.  :icon_e_surprised: :icon_geek:

You guys are just two examples of the great, great minds here...truly.  I love how you guys express yourself and create images that make me think....I am a very, very visual learner and person in general.  I admit, sometimes, I get very tired of reading the long posts from people......not that I don't love them, literally my eyes start feeling weird.  However, the visuals that Sim does really does help.  I can look at them and my eyes don't freak out as much......
the information you and others bring to light each and every day has been magnificent.  I truly find myself in awe post after post......Souza, brilliant forum here.....btw....did you see my Amsterdam reply?  I would love to see your city some day for the art and the history.....amazing!!!! 

Have a most beautiful evening/day!
Blessings to all......

:affraid: :bowdown: Wishingstar, you are just too nice! I always wanted to be a 'Great Mind' but have had to settle for the picking of others'  :thjajaja121:!!!! I AM learning tons of stuff, a VERY visual learner, myself (!) just from hanging out with the clever and well read people HERE, but it is so heartwarming to be included with some great minds, like SimPattyK!  ;) ;) She must NEVER sleep--always tick-tock-ticking and finding all kinds of connections to thousands of things we never knew in this Hoax. Those clothing montages and thread    were downright spooky!  :affraid: I mean, MJ MUST have planned how and when like clothes were worn for big days in the Hoax, but for SimPattyK to have gleaned these from all kinds of time periods, it's impossible and AMAZING, to me. :th_bravo: And to throw Elvis in the mix with like clothing and costumes...ohmiGOSH! I am SHOCKED at the similarites that keep coming up. I'm going to post something about him when I figure out where to post it. But thank you so much for being so sweet, including me in such a prestigious group :woohoo2:. I think I have more of a tabloid :affraid: mind--
"INQUIRING, and I WANT TO KNOW!  :Crash:  :screaming-7365: RIGHT NOW!"  :thjajaja121:

And Back's and Front's numbers "made" me feel like the Village :-[ Idiot, so I treasure your kind and generous words!!! :-*
;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

suspicious mind

May 15, 2012, 09:19:48 PM
so we are almost 3 years into this thing and ..... to my knowledge......  no one ....connected to michael exclaimed .........
poor michael this never would have had to happen if only he would have been able to have pot legally.....

geez louise can we say overkill  :icon_rolleyes:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Its her

May 15, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Reefer Madness was straight up Propaganda, with money at stake.

I dislike propaganda. But in the state of California, we do get a yearly card for Chronic Pain patients, to help us cut down on PAIN KILLERS. Edibles, etc., can help us sleep. But it also shows up in urine & blood tests - so if you have that license, you must balance everything. We have Indica (which will obliterate pain), within 2 hits normally. Or Sativa, which is to keep you awake, and keep pain down; it's a hybrid. Usually, they'll mix them both, so we can operate on some level of  normalcy, an hour or two, after smoking it. Unfortunately, eating/drinking it, can affect you for up to a few days. I have 9 documented reasons, plus I always bring in my doctor records, and my MRIs. I'm taken quite seriously.

It really helps with Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Migraines, and other chronic pain diseases, like slipped/degenerative disc disease. Most people will take it when they get home from work, so their body can just really relax. The joke? The Pharmaceuticals are CHEAPER!  :errrr: I have my license, and keep canna butter, and a small amount of Bob Marley's stuff around, just in case of emergencies - I figured it paid for itself, in two ER trips. When you're given Torridol & Demerol, or Dilaudid every time you're run into the ER, and finally you're so dehydrated that your vessels are collapsing? Believe you me - a few puffs of Bob Marley's stuff will make you drink a quart of water, and doze...and maybe pain will be less, when you wake up.

Yeah - it's the only way to cut my painkillers down, but my insurance LOOKS DOWN on it, and would rather give me enough pills to kill me each month. I only pick up orders in that number, because it lasts 3 months on me - same price as a month, idiots.

So, I can't blame big pharma - I really must blame the system. Oh, and when they banned Cannabis? Was AFTER WW2, when they no longer needed Hemp rope for the Battleships! Yes; there was a huge fight between the paper industry and cutting down forests, for Hearst! Cannabis grows much faster - and you don't need the ones that get people high at all; just the fibers. It's an easy renewable resource.

Right now, if they were intelligent? The government would let the Harvard Grads and MIT grads grow it, harvest the buds for people with chronic conditions, make money for the government - tax it at 10%, for the state it's in - then sell all the hemp fibers, for production. The losers who manage to get past the doctors to get "high?" Well, they are always disappointed, lol.

Win/win for everyone! Two different crops, off of each plant. Out here in CA, they get 3 harvests, I think.

Tink, thank you for all this info! Too bad you had to learn all this the hard way (personal need). I agree, it is the System, with Big Pharma being just one of their many foul-stenched limbs. I love your ideas! My kingdom for an intelligent, fearless, ethical person in government!! :screaming-7365: Btw, you're pretty savvy, what do YOU think went wrong with the CA campaign---it was supposed to make money for the state--was it to legalize mj or loosen up the medical usage to include more people/ illnesses, I forget---WHAT happened when everyone was so focused and in agreement, there??? Not enough money, not enough re-education of the public? Not enough leg work? Signatures? I mean, if you have an idea. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

Its her

May 15, 2012, 10:41:05 PM
so we are almost 3 years into this thing and ..... to my knowledge......  no one ....connected to michael exclaimed .........
poor michael this never would have had to happen if only he would have been able to have pot legally.....

geez louise can we say overkill  :icon_rolleyes:

It is very possible, especially if one of the purposes for the Hoax is to clean up MJ's rumor and prejudice tarnished image, that he did not WANT to be connected to an illegal recreational drug. Prescriptions, while even more evil and dangerous, are more widely accepted as necessary and even prestigious, and anyway, can be ALL made to go away at the end of the Hoax, when he comes back and EVERYTHING is shown to be over the top LIES, or everything and everybody which can be stung, IS.  :Crash:

But, marijuana needs new press and education. That is a lot, because it is illegal and that automatically makes people who consider themselves upstanding citizens, easily, without question, choose to be against it. Maybe connecting it to a very upstanding scientific or medical organization, for a "Halo effect" would help, instead of only the wooly masses, or anarchists "smoking themselves silly for fun", clamoring for it.

You see? Weed has SUCH a bad rap itself, rethinking this, I would expect a genius choosing his battles carefully to step over that one, at least this time. :icon_e_ugeek: :Michael_Jackson_smiley_by_red

We don't NEED him or a hoax to change the way people view weed. It is do-able at the WE THE PEOPLE level, in America. Collecting a million signatures (It may only be half that, and it's only a fifth of that for just one state), to get it on the ballot isn't fun, but well, how bad do we need to have a viable safe alternative to the typical cancer treatments in use today?? Changing what people think is the hardest thing, but changing what they see is not. EVERYONE knows someone disfigured by surgery, chemo and radiation, AND who STILL has the cancer creepily spreading its ugly deformed mess in other places on the same "medically treated" body, if they are still alive. Maybe just another year and even "good" upstanding people will become mad as hell, begin to hope in the real cure, and free it for common, legal use.  :beerchug:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
ONLY Believe...

gwynned

May 15, 2012, 11:39:54 PM
r ideas! My kingdom for an intelligent, fearless, ethical person in government!! :screaming-7365: Btw, you're pretty savvy, what do YOU think went wrong with the CA campaign---it was supposed to make money for the state--was it to legalize mj or loosen up the medical usage to include more people/ illnesses, I forget---WHAT happened when everyone was so focused and in agreement, there??? Not enough money, not enough re-education of the public? Not enough leg work? Signatures? I mean, if you have an idea. :) [/color][/size][/font][/b]

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on why it failed.  First you have people who are conservative who are and always have been against it.   Then you have a growing people who want it legalized.  The problem is, for almost anyone in California, it can be gotten legally. so there's no real compelling reason to change it as it might end up in the hands of big business.  As it stands now, communities like mine in Humboldt are kept afloat because of it.  Bottom line is little to gain and potentially lots to lose from certain perspectives.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

May 16, 2012, 02:01:01 AM
Just a thought: the general perception on this thread seems to be that any bad side effects must've been caused by something undesirable being added. Why though do you think that legalising it means an end to this practice? Governments would have their hands in it, imposing 'standards' etc, which would be no better than unscrupulous producers now. Or maybe you are supposing everyone will be growing their own?  They don't, in general, do that with their (government regulated) 'food' to ensure it's free from unhealthy modifications, so following that train of thought ......

I just feel a little balance and forethought could be added to your obvious enthusiasm.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions