Michael buried in Muslim traditions?
December 12, 2009, 05:24:08 AM
If he's dead, we're wondering where Michael' grave is.Since no family's member visited the presumed resting place al Forest Lawn cemetery it's almost clear that he was not buried there.Read below another hypothesis regarding the same subject.I know there were discussions on this subject but please read this article up to its end.

A source close to the Jacksons has exclusively revealed to X17 Online that family will likely have a traditional Muslim burial for late Michael Jackson.

"The family is considering following the Muslim burial traditions because they believe Michael would have wanted to be laid to rest in keeping with his new-found religious beliefs," says the source.

"Michael's brother Jermaine is educating the family as to the special rites because he feels it's important to bury his brother according to the Muslim way," adds the source.

Despite earlier reports that both public and private memorial services for the late music performer have been set to be held this week, there has been no official confirmation just yet from Michael's family on the location where his body will be laid to rest.

Michael Jackson was reported converting to Islam in late 2008, years after expressing his interest to join the faith. He later on changed his name into "Mikaeel", which was meant as a reference to the name of one of Allah's angels.

In Muslim burial, per X17 Online, someone's body "has to be cleaned, but ideally not embalmed, and wrapped in a white sheet, and it must be buried facing Mecca.

The Koran also dictates that the body be buried as close to the place of death and as soon after death as possible. There should be no tombstone near the grave."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Truth is like the Sun, You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away”
                 Elvis Presley

Re: Michael buried in Muslim traditions?
December 12, 2009, 05:55:50 AM
Sorry but cannot believe for a minute that Michael converted to Islam, he showed an interest and nothing more. He refrained from being a Jehovah's witness because of the oppressions and the fact that they objected to his music. Why would he want to swap one rather oppressive and strong religion for another? Forgive me if there are any Muslims here on this forum but as Michael was a humanitarian who believed in freedom and the right for both males and females to express themselves I think this is extremely unlikely. I do know what I am talking about as one of my best friends is strict Muslim-not one who does not practice the faith as some do and bend the rules to suit themselves-he is devout and the sweetest guy but the way he would expect his future wife (when he marries) seems controlling to me, covered hair, long skirt or trousers. I assume that Jermaine's wife is Muslim so why isn't she wearing the hi jab? why isn't her hair covered? I think Jermaine is just playing at it, he certainly does not seem devout. If Michael pursues something he does it properly- if he were to convert to Islam he would obey ALL the religion and not just what suited him like many others do.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 12, 2009, 06:01:57 AM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Sorry but cannot believe for a minute that Michael converted to Islam, he showed an interest and nothing more. He refrained from being a Jehovah's witness because of the oppressions and the fact that they objected to his music. Why would he want to swap one rather oppressive and strong religion for another? Forgive me if there are any Muslims here on this forum but as Michael was a humanitarian who believed in freedom and the right for both males and females to express themselves I think this is extremely unlikely. I do know what I am talking about as one of my best friends is strict Muslim-not one who does not practice the faith as some do and bend the rules to suit themselves-he is devout and the sweetest guy but the way he would expect his future wife (when he marries) seems controlling to me, covered hair, long skirt or trousers. I assume that Jermaine's wife is Muslim so why isn't she wearing the hi jab? why isn't her hair covered? I think Jermaine is just playing at it, he certainly does not seem devout. If Michael pursues something he does it properly- if he were to convert to Islam he would obey ALL the religion and not just what suited him like many others do.

AGREE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 06:09:23 AM
Me neither. I posted that just for information and discussions if any..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Truth is like the Sun, You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away”
                 Elvis Presley

December 12, 2009, 06:23:28 AM
In Muslim tradition a burial must be THE NEXT DAY after death. Within 24 hours...

Not three months...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

larab

December 12, 2009, 06:26:53 AM
I don't think he converted, and I also think he doesn't belong to any religion. I think he believes what he believes and that is it.
and yes, if he is dead, probably wasn't buried at FL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 06:35:37 AM
Quote from: "larab"
I don't think he converted, and I also think he doesn't belong to any religion. I think he believes what he believes and that is it.

But he is not dead
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 06:40:06 AM
Quote from: "ENGELINHIER"

But he is not dead
TRUE!!
Excellent observation!  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 12, 2009, 06:51:19 AM
Well if MJ did hoax his death his lie will be frowned upon by Islam.... Either way Jermaine will be in trouble..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everyday creates your HIStory.........
Everypath you take your leaving your legacy.......

December 12, 2009, 06:56:02 AM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Quote from: "ENGELINHIER"

But he is not dead
TRUE!!
Excellent observation!  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry you made fun of that, but I had no other explanation on all these burial things.. I know it is obvious, but I just felt like writting the obvious  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 08:51:16 AM
well i want to make certyain points clear

1. its not ABSOLUTE OR STRICT rule to bury within 24hrs of death , there was a muslim singer who died of cancer few years  but because of some legal issue they arranged funeral after 20 days , there are many other cases where body are kept until all the family members join tp pay their respect to the deceased , my friend's brother even my own granny  death , we waited for sibling to fly from various countries but ofcourse we arranged funeral with in 48 hrs

2.  there are always black sheeps you know who just try to manipulate or destroy the image of any religion and i would specially mention it in case of Islam , i my self is Muslim  but I DONT NOT COVER my face or HAIR and if not all but most do the same   i do what i want ,but with in the LIMITS
as for jermain s wife  not doing such thing its not strange to me . if you ever stand a good chance to read Quran i m sure you will get to know the basic teachings are THE SAME as  from Jesus and other Prophets  i,e LOVE , RESPECT , FREEDOM  , HUMAN RIGHTS , there is no way the husbands can have full control over their wifes but only if they breach rules or are involve in wrong doings ,the husbands are bound to respect their wives will .    as far as micheal is concern because he belives in God and Love who knows if he was or wanSt converted its between God and him so let it be may be living for an year in bahrain he got to know that  Islam is not all about what it has been projected to others may be he gave a second thought, come

With that note i m submitting my post the intend was to clear few doubts , I hold great respect for evry religion because thats what we are told to,
                                take care of you members , Godbless you all  with LOVE MJJ_FAN
Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:40:30 PM by mjj_fan
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

December 12, 2009, 08:57:18 AM
wasn't there somthing saying he converted to christianity!! then that pastor guy said no he hadn't he just wanted to use the gosple quoir from that church for his songs.. also Michael was interested in all religions not a specific one.. ( hence the beads, and red bracelet.. etc.. ) i think he was just fascinated by it all.. as each one is different!! in some way or another!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 09:32:41 AM
Quote from: "mjj_fan"
well i want to make certyain points clear

1. its not ABSOLUTE OR STRICT rule to bury within 24hrs of death , there was a muslim singer who died of cancer few years  but because of some legal issue they arranged funeral after 20 days , there are many other cases where body are kept until all the family members join tp pay their respect to the deceased , my friend's brother even my own granny  death , we waited for sibling to fly from various countries

2.  there are always black sheeps you know who just try to manipulate or destroy the image of any religion and i would specially mention it in case of Islam , i my self is Muslim  but I DONT NOT COVER my face or HAIR and if not all but most do the same   i do what i want ,but with in the LIMITS
as for jermain s wife  not doing such thing its not strange to me . if you ever stand a good chance to read Quran i m sure you will get to know the basic teachings are THE SAME as  from Jesus and other Prophets  i,e LOVE , RESPECT , FREEDOM  , HUMAN RIGHTS , there is no way the husbands can have full control over their wifes but only if they breach rules or are involve in wrong doings ,the husbands are bound to respect their wives will .    as far as micheal is concern because he belives in God and Love who knows if he was or wanSt converted its between God and him so let it be may be living for an year in bahrain he got to know that  Islam is not all about what it has been projected to others may be he gave a second thought, come

With that note i m submitting my post the intend was to clear few doubts , I hold great respect for evry religion because thats what we are told to,
                                take care of you members , Godbless you all  with LOVE MJJ_FAN
Do not intend to disagree but your wordings may give the wrong impression, I have looked into many religions in great detail and as I said if Michael pursued something he did it 100%. Muslim women if they are true to their faith should cover as stated in the article below. As for Jermaine-well!!! considering his past and seducing, impregnating and stealing his own Brother's wife and his womanising past are we to suppose his character has completely changed because he has converted from a Jehovah's Witness to a Muslim? Please read;

Why do some Muslim women choose to dress like this? I decide to seek out Imam Ibrahim Mogra, the chairman of the Mosque and Community Affairs Committee at the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

'Every culture and society has a concept of what is a private part of a male and a female,' the imam says.

'In Islam, a man's private part is from navel to knee. For women, the entire body is regarded as private except for the face, hands and feet.
'Muslims across the world dress in different ways. How you cover up is influenced by your culture.

Specific garments are not prescribed.

What is specified is that you cover up.' But why must they (I almost say 'we') cover up, I ask.

'Muslims believe that when out and about in a wider society you need to present yourself in a dignified and respectful manner,' he replies.

'We have a responsibility to be respectful.

We should not disturb anyone because of the way we dress. You will not find me in Bermuda shorts. Women should not reveal their beauty in an open way, except to immediate family.' This angers me, so I ask him: 'Do you find a woman's beauty shameful? Should a woman be ashamed of her beauty?' He says, very calmly: 'God has created man and woman in the most beautiful form.

But this doesn't mean beauty should be flaunted. We cover up not because beauty is shameful but because it should be respected. We are not ashamed but proud.' He explains that clothing practices differ in Islam from country to country.

'Some scholars recommend a scarf (a hijab). Others a face veil and some scholars have taken it further and recommend covering not only the face but the eyes. No one can be forced to practise. You have to do it out of a love of God.

'More and more young British people are wholeheartedly adopting traditional dress.

Young men are choosing to wear beards, long robes and turbans. Young women wear the hijab and the veil.

'As imams we encourage them and remind them of their obligations to God and the rewards and benefits they bring.' Are women coerced into wearing the burqa, I ask. This seems to me the crux of the issue.

'We cannot force an individual Muslim to practise the teachings of the faith,' he says.

'In my family there are those who do not cover up at all. I do not condemn them.

There is no difference in my love and respect. It is wrong to shun and exclude a woman for not covering up.' The imam is courteous and plausible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

Grace

December 12, 2009, 09:52:42 AM
1) We've seen Michael very much alive at Universal studios which did convincingly also explain that he did NOT convert to Islam (which is not our business and not important btw.).
2) Islam says bury asap for some reasons.
3) No tombstone is not correct as there are moslem graves where you'd find tombstones.
However not as you would assume them to be.

Read through the facts before starting speculations please.
Islam is a very interesting religion worth to look into it as much as any other religion.
Do it, check it out, read about it. It can only be for the better, serve a broader horizon and get you growing to new insights (about yourself).
Dare living and just do what you find interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

December 12, 2009, 10:01:36 AM
but didnt i say   i do what ever i do but with in limits ???when  i turned 13 i never w  shorts thereafter
but there is no harm to wear any dress that wont cover the body like many people think muslims ladies shouldnot wear pants geans or long skirts believe me so think so  but my Catholic friend told me that she is also prohibited from  body exposure , same goes for Jews i have seen them wearing long skirts cover from head to toe so more or
less we dress up alike because the BASIC preaching is the same
  but as far as veil is concern its not  absolute indication we can expose face ,hands, feet , about covering hair call hijab not all of them wear and there are reasons for it
as far as your friend is concern he cant stop his future wife to expose her hair among ladies she can . but he cannot take control of every matter she has everyrights ,

thankyou for posting , take care
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions