Re: MJ's Hands
December 13, 2009, 12:19:06 AM
Quote from: "dexember"
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
I don't think that's the case with him though...his fingernails were mostly pale up until the trial.  Why would they suddenly turn brown like that?  He's had vitiligo since the early 80's.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think it's ill health, which he was in when the trail was on. He didn't eat because he thought "they" were trying to poison his food.

2005 Trial ... They said he hardly ate at all ... it could be from that ... but I wouldn't know for sure though.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
*Sweet Sweet Earth Angel A.K.A. Michael* -
Please Comeback ..... We Love You!

*MadameTexas@gmail.com - email me Michael!*
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - check me out !

Re: MJ's dark fingernails
December 13, 2009, 06:06:54 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Lupus:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Cyclophosphamide is used for severe glomerulonephritis or other organ-damaging complications."

" Side-effects include chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV), bone marrow suppression, stomach ache, diarrhea, darkening of the skin/nails, alopecia (hair loss) or thinning of hair, changes in color and texture of the hair, and lethargy.

Thanks Mo...this is most likely the cause.  I'm not sure why people think it's from vitiligo...even dark skinned people don't have black fingernails.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

Sangre

December 13, 2009, 07:55:54 AM
Be careful with the diagnoses, we don't have Michael's medical record, so it's obvious we won't know every disease MJ has ever suffered from.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

larab

December 13, 2009, 08:12:51 AM
Quote from: "Sangre"
I believe it was caused by vitiligo. It killed the pigment of his skin, but the coloration under his fingernails wasn't affected. A lot of people suffering from pigment loss have darker finger tips.
that is the reason.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 13, 2009, 11:19:41 AM
Quote from: "Eva R"
Quote from: "lisap27"
I believe it was caused by vitiligo. It killed the pigment of his skin, but the coloration under his fingernails wasn't affected. A lot of people suffering from pigment loss have darker finger tips.

i agree!! theres only certain pics that you see MJ's nails.. and if different lights they are different.. i read somewhere that he was really self concious about this cos his nails where brown an looked dirty!! due to his vitiligo..

aww that is so sad.. :( He felt ashamed :(

And the world-press insulted him saying he just wanted to change his skin colour, and many of us believing it, making judgments on only one version of the story. Shame on us .Sorry Mike :(  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tina K.

December 16, 2009, 08:55:23 AM
Quote from: "Wildy"
Does anyone know why his fingernails were so long on June?

I found this link :

EDIT :

I can't be 100% sure about Michael of cause, but when a person is very ill or an addict, they dont care about the way they look anymore. Michael looked great I think, but it's typical the thing about the fingernails.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael I love you allways.

December 22, 2009, 04:46:38 PM
Well someone mentioned above that dark skinned people don't have dark fingernails yes they do well some of them because my father had dark nails like Michael's and my teacher has those dark nails also and they were and are dark skinned. I think it might have been caused by the lupus and  I think he did wear nail polish to cover it because I read somewhere that he was ashamed because he thought people would think his nails were dirty so he tried to cover them as much as he could.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

December 22, 2009, 05:21:24 PM
Quote from: "ILuvUMoreMJ"
Interesting article...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I've been wondering what caused his fingernails to become so discoloured for awhile.  I don't think it was his vitiligo because his nails were a normal skin tone colour before 2006.  It's possible he was taking some sort of medication that caused it...I can't think of anything else that would do that.  But I hate to think that it was a tumour drug like the article mentions.  Is it possible he really did have skin cancer?  Interesting that his reps didn't even deny that rumour... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

when the skin around his fingernails got lighter ,it made his nails look darker but they were always that color.
about the colors during the trial.I used to think and still kinda do ,when MJ got stress his nails started getting darker ,like mood nails lol.
But also it can look lighter and darker by the way the light hits the nail from the camera,but his nails are dark,the way the light bounces off may make it look lighter and the angle.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
One Day.....but until then,Thank You.

December 23, 2009, 03:17:58 AM
I don't agree, but each to their own.  ;)

You can see that his nails were a lighter colour than his skin tone here...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

December 23, 2009, 07:14:07 AM
Be careful with the diagnoses, we don't have Michael's medical record, so it's obvious we won't know every disease MJ has ever suffered from.

True, we would need to know Michael medical history to correctly identify why he has discoloured fingernails. Has anybody ever seen his toenails - are they discoloured too? If this is the case than he may have been suffering from some kind of systemic (affecting the body as a whole) condition, but I’m just speculating.

Here are some possibilities...

1. Michael may have been prescribed hydroquinone containing creams as part of the treatment of his Vitiligo. When hydroquinone comes in contact with the nail bed a reaction occurs (oxidation) that causes this area to become darker. If this is the case we would expect decolouration to be predominantly on Michaels fingernails as oppose to his toenails (if at all).

2. Vitiligo has been associated with autoimmune thyroid disease, such as hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) or hypothyroidism (underactive), or with Addison’s disease, adrenal insufficiency due to the destruction of the adrenal tissue by circulating antibodies -nail pigmentation can be a sign of this disease.
Addison’s disease and Vitiligo can develop together in some patients. Addisons disease is an adulthood disease; and it can be accompanied by blood pressure instability, fatigue, anorexia, and depression.

3. Melanonychia - black or brown pigmentation of the nail. This can be a normal finding in the nails of dark-skinned persons, occurring in more than 77% of blacks older than 20 years
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Where there is L.O.V.E I\'ll be there

December 23, 2009, 01:50:19 PM
Quote from: "the_gloved_one"

True, we would need to know Michael medical history to correctly identify why he has discoloured fingernails. Has anybody ever seen his toenails - are they discoloured too? If this is the case than he may have been suffering from some kind of systemic (affecting the body as a whole) condition, but I’m just speculating.

Here are some possibilities...

1. Michael may have been prescribed hydroquinone containing creams as part of the treatment of his Vitiligo. When hydroquinone comes in contact with the nail bed a reaction occurs (oxidation) that causes this area to become darker. If this is the case we would expect decolouration to be predominantly on Michaels fingernails as oppose to his toenails (if at all).

2. Vitiligo has been associated with autoimmune thyroid disease, such as hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) or hypothyroidism (underactive), or with Addison’s disease, adrenal insufficiency due to the destruction of the adrenal tissue by circulating antibodies -nail pigmentation can be a sign of this disease.
Addison’s disease and Vitiligo can develop together in some patients. Addisons disease is an adulthood disease; and it can be accompanied by blood pressure instability, fatigue, anorexia, and depression.

3. Melanonychia - black or brown pigmentation of the nail. This can be a normal finding in the nails of dark-skinned persons, occurring in more than 77% of blacks older than 20 years

I havent seen Michaels toes since,probably since BAD, but if (which i highly doubt cuz they would KNOW Mj is alive) someone is on here and has ever been to one of the many Neverland pool parties they would know. :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
One Day.....but until then,Thank You.

January 05, 2010, 04:13:21 PM
nails
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mariso83

January 05, 2010, 04:18:04 PM
I think Michael's dark coloration nails is just normal. One onf my boss is black and he has dark nails too. I have 2 cousins who are black and I looked at their fingernails and they are dark too.. So it's just plain normal because Michael is a black man.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 05, 2010, 04:22:52 PM
I have seen pictures where MJs discolouration has fluctuated though.. sometimes he has dark nails, then they go clear.. then they seem to go dark again.   :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 11, 2010, 04:29:04 PM
I believe it stems from a vitamin deficiency. That might explain why they are so dark and then return to a normal coloration.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions