I will definately be going to see this
The CNE (is the Cdn national exhibition). It is a huge amuzement/theme park with a bit of everything. Millions of people from all over the world go to eat great food, play games, buy items, learn about different culture, see animals etc
I have gone to the CNE every year since before i could walk

Any other Cdn's going to head down and see this?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Michael
Wednesday, August 25th
Time: 7:30 pm
Toronto Star Bandshell - Bandshell Park

To commemorate the "King of Pop's" birthday on August 29th, the CNE is staging a special tribute to Michael Jackson, who died suddenly last year. This multi-media spectacular includes MJ's greatest hits: Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Man In The Mirror and more! Watch as Michael's life unfolds onstage... from early moments with his brothers to his stratospheric rise to become the greatest entertainer of all time.

FREE with CNE admission!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

Wow - this looks great. Too bad I am so far away and can't make it. Enjoy and remember to give us an update when you return!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

all4loveandbelieve

hey I am Canadian, but I live in Montreal, i am going to be on vacation that time I may go down too. I have family in Toronto. Why not.. Count me in..
Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Wow!  This is exciting...thanks for posting it :)  I grew up downtown Toronto and went to the Ex (CNE) every year as a kid.  I haven't been in over 15 years, since moving just north of the city (Canada's Wonderland is much closer lol).  I will definitely be going to watch this and will bring my kids to experience both the CNE and the MJ Tribute!  

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

Hey that is awsome guys! We should definately meet up then.

It has been a ritual of mine to go each year. My birthday is August 19th so sort of like a post-bday outing as well. I was born in Scarborough so we lived really close and used to take the go train or subway right to the gates. Then we moved out to the country but still i only live 90 minutes away so we still go
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
Quote from: "BeTheChange"
Wow!  This is exciting...thanks for posting it :)  I grew up downtown Toronto and went to the Ex (CNE) every year as a kid.  I haven't been in over 15 years, since moving just north of the city (Canada's Wonderland is much closer lol).  I will definitely be going to watch this and will bring my kids to experience both the CNE and the MJ Tribute!  

With L.O.V.E. always.

I also use to go to the CNE every year as a child growing up in Ontario. I moved to BC 14yrs ago, so I won't be going this year.
Just curious, bethechange, what part of Ontario do you live in? I lived in Huntsville for 34 years.  To all those going, enjoy...wish I could go and see this and celebrate Michael's Birthday...my birthday is August 28th! :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"

It has been a ritual of mine to go each year. My birthday is August 19th so sort of like a post-bday outing as well. I was born in Scarborough so we lived really close and used to take the go train or subway right to the gates. Then we moved out to the country but still i only live 90 minutes away so we still go
:D
 Same question for you? where do you live? 90 miles N, S, E or West of TO? :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

rasyte

oh I wanna be there too!!  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=85]
Nothing good ever comes easy      
All good things come in due time                
Yes it does      
You gotta have something to believe in            
I\'m telling you to open your mind
[/size]

[quote="mjj4ever777
I also use to go to the CNE every year as a child growing up in Ontario. I moved to BC 14yrs ago, so I won't be going this year.
Just curious, bethechange, what part of Ontario do you live in? I lived in Huntsville for 34 years.  To all those going, enjoy...wish I could go and see this and celebrate Michael's Birthday...my birthday is August 28th! :D[/quote]

Hey mjj4ever777...I lived in downtown T.O. for 28 years and moved to Woodbridge 10 years ago.  After growing up and living in the city for so long, I really enjoyed the move to Woodbridge (not sure if you know of it)....it's a cross between country and city living, although it's becoming more and more 'city' as time goes on.  I've never been to Huntsville but have heard that it's very nice there.  I plan on moving further north soon...I like the country feel much more than the city feel lol.  I'm not sure what part of BC you're in but I was in Vancouver 2 years ago and absolutely loved it!  Too bad you can't make it to the CNE for one last horrah lol...I'll let you know how it went :)

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "BeTheChange"
[quote="mjj4ever777
Just curious, bethechange, what part of Ontario do you live in? I lived in Huntsville for 34 years.  To all those going, enjoy...wish I could go and see this and celebrate Michael's Birthday...my birthday is August 28th! :D

Hey mjj4ever777...I lived in downtown T.O. for 28 years and moved to Woodbridge 10 years ago.  After growing up and living in the city for so long, I really enjoyed the move to Woodbridge (not sure if you know of it)....it's a cross between country and city living, although it's becoming more and more 'city' as time goes on.  I've never been to Huntsville but have heard that it's very nice there.  I plan on moving further north soon...I like the country feel much more than the city feel lol.  I'm not sure what part of BC you're in but I was in Vancouver 2 years ago and absolutely loved it!  Too bad you can't make it to the CNE for one last horrah lol...I'll let you know how it went :)

With L.O.V.E. always.[/quote]

Yes I know where Woodbridge is, i've been there many times. Also, yes i live about 40 minutes south of Vancouver now right on the US/Can. border, it is really beautiful here.
Let me know how the show is at the CNE! Sending you love always, as well! Dayna xx :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I wish I could go....I am Canadian also...live so far from everything...here in Nova Scotia, nothing ever happens here...(middle of nowhere) Michael would like it here..lol...any how take notes and report back.
Oh and have a blast!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjj4ever777"
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"

:D
 Same question for you? where do you live? 90 miles N, S, E or West of TO? :D

Im 90 minutes North of Toronto :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

A tribute for me aww you shouldn't have lool jkz but I live in Toronto I'm going to go maybe a special appearance by Michael I mean who would believe Michael Jackson is in Toronto
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael knocking out the media one day at a time lool

Sigh... I was born in Brampton but was only in Ontario until I was 6 so don't remember too much other than the schoolbus that took me to school... LOL

Now I'm West Coast (Vancouver)... sigh

I WISH I COULD GO!!! THAT WOULD BE SO COOL TO MEET UP WITH YOU GUYS!!!  :(

Have extra fun for me!!!  Can't wait to hear all about it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sorry it took so long for me to post about the "King Michael" tribute at the CNE (Toronto, Canada).  I put off posting about it because I was waiting to see if anyone would upload some clips on youtube (they finally have!!!).  

The show was simply amazing and so well put together!!!  They had a young 'Michael' and when he started singing...we all thought he was lip-syncing.  But this young kid was really singing and boy could he sing!!!  They had 3 other guys as 'older' MJ's...one of which also did his own singing!  There were many moments when it was REALLY difficult to tell them apart from the real MJ (voice-wise).  Likewise, their dancing was terrific!

Michael...if you watch these clips..just know they did you REAL proud!  Canada LOVES you more!!!!!

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_XjOmIMVHs[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkc1QlqxDEs&feature=related[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tjrV-xqu-g&feature=related[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG8dsV3Zn-A&feature=related[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqAzbGUalTg&feature=related[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

[youtube:1bncj5p3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdCshAdltkc&feature=related[/youtube:1bncj5p3]

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal