Ive just found this information on "Southern California Fans" facebook site here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To quote what they say:

JUST REPORTED FROM A FRIEND... Forest Lawn has put up a huge black gate in front of his crypt. INSIDE directly in front of the crypt from one end to the other, and so tall it blocks most of the stained glass window. They keep trying to separate us. Imagine how Michael feels! Away from LOVE. Nature. Life

also this:

Lisa Burks
here is what i know, which is very little: i was alerted late Friday by a FL visitor with legitimate access to the GM that they saw a big black curtain strung across the Ascension Sanctuary area and that a security guard was at the HT door,... inside. they did not speak to him. they described it to me as a big black curtain, not a gate.

and this:

Patricia A Hetrick  hi everyone just making sure everyone knows that the wall at FL in front of Michael is tempory. Something going on this week and they dont want pictures of Michael taken.

Now.. why have they done this?  We can speculate why...  

are they moving his coffin>???   Are they finally engraving his name onto the stone??  Why erect such a thing to block everyones view of it?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

I wonder what is going on there
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lady J

I think his name will be on the tomb soon :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

well it has taken them along time to get that one sorted it seems ridiculas it has been all this time.
Although saying that it wont be nice if it is that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

I keep tryiong to find out more about this and all i get is Michael jackson and the final curtain call
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lady J

Quote from: "mumof3"
I keep tryiong to find out more about this and all i get is Michael jackson and the final curtain call

thank you, friend.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dancer

A friend from this forum here found an update on facebook:

"Southern California Fans" facebook site
Just returned from the walk-a-thon and visiting Michael. Security did confirm that it is a black "curtain" in front of Michael. They are preparing for many followers of yogananda to visit this week who is also buried in Holly Terrace. The curtain is only temporary and will be removed. {amy}
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

Quote from: "Lady J"
Quote from: "mumof3"

thank you, friend.

I can't imagine that they'd block the view to engrave or place the name on there, would they? It does give me an uneasy feeling as well.

Hopefully it will say "James Brown" instead of Michael Jackson??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I had never heard the name, Yogananda, so I did a little googling....pretty interesting fellow....I think he and Mike would have been friends...I have highlighted in bold certain items that caught my eye:

Paramahansa Yogananda: January 5, 1893–March 7, 1952), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi.

Yogananda was born in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India to a devout Bengali kshatriya family. According to his younger brother, Sananda, from his earliest years young Mukunda's awareness and experience of the spiritual was far beyond the ordinary. In his youth he sought out many of India's Hindu sages and saints, hoping to find an illuminated teacher to guide him in his spiritual quest.

Yogananda's seeking after various saints mostly ended when he met his guru, Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri, in 1910, at the age of 17. He describes his first meeting with Yukteswar as a rekindling of a relationship that had lasted for many lifetimes:

We entered a oneness of silence; words seemed the rankest superfluities. Eloquence flowed in soundless chant from heart of master to disciple. With an antenna of irrefragable insight I sensed that my guru knew God, and would lead me to Him. The obscuration of this life disappeared in a fragile dawn of prenatal memories. Dramatic time! Past, present, and future are its cycling scenes. This was not the first sun to find me at these holy feet!

Later on Sri Yukteswar informed Yogananda that he had been sent to him by Mahavatar Babaji for a special purpose.

After passing his Intermediate Examination in Arts from the Scottish Church College, Calcutta, in June 1915, he graduated with a degree similar to a current day "Bachelor of Arts" or B.A. (which at the time was referred to as an A.B.), from the Serampore College, a constituent college of the University of Calcutta. This allowed him to spend time at Yukteswar's ashram in Serampore. In 1915, he took formal vows into the monastic Swami Order and became 'Swami Yogananda Giri'.In 1917, Yogananda founded a school for boys in Dihika, West Bengal that combined modern educational techniques with yoga training and spiritual ideals. A year later, the school relocated to Ranchi.This school would later become Yogoda Satsanga Society of India, the Indian branch of Yogananda's American organization.

Move to America
In 1920, he went to the United States aboard the ship City of Sparta, as India's delegate to an International Congress of Religious Liberals convening in Boston. That same year he founded the Self-Realization Fellowship to disseminate worldwide his teachings on India's ancient practices and philosophy of Yoga and its tradition of meditation. For the next several years, he lectured and taught on the East coast and in 1924 embarked on a cross-continental speaking tour. Thousands came to his lectures. During this time he attracted a number of celebrity followers, including soprano Amelita Galli-Curci, tenor Vladimir Rosing and Clara Clemens Gabrilowitsch, the daughter of Mark Twain. The following year, he established in Los Angeles, California, an international headquarters for Self-Realization Fellowship, which became the spiritual and administrative heart of his growing work. Yogananda was the first Hindu teacher of yoga to make his permanent home in America, living there from 1920—1952, with the exception of his trip abroad in 1935–1936.

Visit to India, 1935-6

Swami Kriyananda offering sweetmeats to Yogananda.In 1935, he returned to India to visit Yukteswar and to help establish his Yogoda Satsanga work in India. During this visit, as told in his autobiography, he met with Mahatma Gandhi, the Bengali saint Anandamoyi Ma, Nobel-winning physicist Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman, and several disciples of Yukteswar's Guru Lahiri Mahasaya. While in India, Yukteswar gave Yogananda the monastic title of Paramhansa (the spelling was later changed to "Paramahansa"). Paramahansa means "supreme swan" and is a title indicating the highest spiritual attainment. In 1936, while Yogananda was visiting Kolkata, Sri Yukteswar died in the town of Puri.

Death
After returning to America, he continued to lecture, write, and establish churches in southern California. In the days leading up to his death, he began hinting that it was time for him to leave the world. On March 7, 1952, he attended a dinner for the visiting Indian Ambassador to the U.S., Binay Ranjan Sen, and his wife at the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. At the conclusion of the banquet Yogananda spoke of India and America, their contributions to world peace and human progress, and their future cooperation, expressing his hope for a "United World" that would combine the best qualities of "efficient America" and "spiritual India." According to two eyewitnesses—long-time disciples Swami Kriyananda and Daya Mata—as Yogananda ended his speech, he read from his poem My India, concluding with the words "Where Ganges, woods, Himalayan caves, and men dream God—I am hallowed; my body touched that sod". At the very last words, he slid to the floor, dead from a heart attack. Kriyananda wrote that Yogananda had once stated in a lecture, "A heart attack is the easiest way to die. That is how I choose to die." Yogananda is buried at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California. As reported in Time Magazine on August 4, 1952, Harry T. Rowe, Los Angeles Mortuary Director of the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Glendale, California where Yogananda's body was embalmed, stated in a notarized letter:

The absence of any visual signs of decay in the dead body of Paramahansa Yogananda offers the most extraordinary case in our experience.... No physical disintegration was visible in his body even twenty days after death.... No indication of mold was visible on his skin, and no visible drying up took place in the bodily tissues. This state of perfect preservation of a body is, so far as we know from mortuary annals, an unparalleled one.... No odor of decay emanated from his body at any time....

Teachings

Paramahansa Yogananda at a yoga class in Washington, D.C.Yogananda taught his students the need for direct experience of truth, as opposed to blind belief. He said that “The true basis of religion is not belief, but intuitive experience. Intuition is the soul’s power of knowing God. To know what religion is really all about, one must know God.”

Echoing traditional Hindu teachings, he taught that the entire universe is God's cosmic motion picture, and that individuals are merely actors in the divine play who change roles through reincarnation. He taught that mankind's deep suffering is rooted in identifying too closely with one's current role, rather than with the movie's director, or God.

He taught Kriya Yoga and other meditation practices to help people achieve that understanding, which he called Self-realization:

Self-realization is the knowing in all parts of body, mind, and soul that you are now in possession of the kingdom of God; that you do not have to pray that it come to you; that God’s omnipresence is your omnipresence; and that all that you need to do is improve your knowing.

Kriya Yoga
Main article: Kriya Yoga
Kriya Yoga is a set of yoga techniques that are the main discipline of Yogananda's meditation teachings. Kriya Yoga was passed down through Yogananda's guru lineage — Mahavatar Babaji taught Kriya Yoga to Lahiri Mahasaya, who taught it to his disciple Yukteswar, Yogananda's Guru. Because of ancient yogic injunctions, "the actual technique must be learned from a Kriyaban or Kriya Yogi", according to Yogananda.He gave a general description of Kriya Yoga in his Autobiography:

The Kriya Yogi mentally directs his life energy to revolve, upward and downward, around the six spinal centers (medullary, cervical, dorsal, lumbar, sacral, and coccygeal plexuses) which correspond to the twelve astral signs of the zodiac, the symbolic Cosmic Man. One-half minute of revolution of energy around the sensitive spinal cord of man effects subtle progress in his evolution; that half-minute of Kriya equals one year of natural spiritual unfoldment.

Autobiography of a Yogi
Main article: Autobiography of a Yogi
 Wikisource has original text related to this article:
Autobiography of a Yogi (1946 edition)
In 1946, Yogananda published his life story, Autobiography of a Yogi. It has since been translated into twenty-five languages. In 1999, it was designated one of the "100 Most Important Spiritual Books of the 20th Century" by a panel of spiritual authors convened by Philip Zaleski and HarperCollins publishers.[28]

Autobiography of a Yogi describes Yogananda's spiritual search for enlightenment, in addition to encounters with notable spiritual figures such as Therese Neumann, Anandamoyi Ma, Mohandas Gandhi, Nobel laureate in literature Rabindranath Tagore, noted plant scientist Luther Burbank (the book is 'Dedicated to the Memory of Luther Burbank, An American Saint'), famous Indian scientist Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose and Nobel Prize-winning physicist Sir C. V. Raman. One notable chapter of this book is "The Law of Miracles", where he gives scientific explanations for seemingly miraculous feats. He writes "the word 'impossible' is becoming less prominent in man's vocabulary"

Bodily incorruptibility
As reported in Time Magazine on August 4, 1952, Harry T. Rowe, Los Angeles Mortuary Director of the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Glendale, California where Yogananda's body was embalmed, stated in a notarized letter:

The absence of any visual signs of decay in the dead body of Paramahansa Yogananda offers the most extraordinary case in our experience.... No physical disintegration was visible in his body even twenty days after death.... No indication of mold was visible on his skin, and no visible drying up took place in the bodily tissues. This state of perfect preservation of a body is, so far as we know from mortuary annals, an unparalleled one.... No odor of decay emanated from his body at any time....

Organizational legacy
Yogananda's work is continued by several of his disciples and organizations. Self-Realization Fellowship, which he founded, is headquartered in Los Angeles and has meditation centers and temples across the world, including the Self-Realization Fellowship Lake Shrine. The current head is Daya Mata, a direct disciple of Yogananda.

Ananda Village, near Nevada City, California, was founded by Swami Kriyananda, a direct disciple of Yogananda. Ananda expresses an aspect of Yogananda's vision for World Brotherhood Colonies, an idea for spiritual intentional communities that Yogananda often recommended to his students. At Ananda's Expanding Light Yoga & Meditation Retreat, courses are offered in meditation, spiritual topics, healthy lifestyle and Ananda yoga, a style of hatha yoga based on Yogananda's teachings as developed by Kriyananda. Ananda also has centers and meditation groups throughout the world including: Palo Alto, California; Sacramento, California; Portland, Oregon; Seattle, Washington; Assisi, Italy and Pune, India.

Song of the Morning Retreat Center, near Vanderbilt, Michigan, was founded by Yogacharya Oliver Black, a direct disciple of Yogananda. The retreat center offers classes on yoga and meditation and hosts programs featuring visiting spiritual teachers.

The Center for Spiritual Awareness (CSA), located in Lakemont, Georgia, was founded by Roy Eugene Davis, a direct disciple of Yogananda. CSA publishes books, DVD's and audio recordngs, and offers meditation seminars at its retreat center on a voluntary donation basis.

See also: Yogoda Satsanga Society of India
Noted disciples
The members of this list were drawn from Yogananda's book "Journey to Self-Realization", unless otherwise noted.

Dr. Lewis, 1920 Boston
Sister Gyanamata, 1924 Seattle
Tara Mata, 1924 San Francisco
Vladimir Rosing, 1925 Seattle
Kamala Silva, 1925[36]
Hamid Bey, 1927[37]
Swami Premananda 1928[38]
Durga Mata, 1929 Detroit
Yogacharya Oliver Black,1930 Detroit[39]
Daya Mata, 1931 Salt Lake City
 Rajarsi Janakananda, 1932 Kansas
Rev. John Lawrence, 1933 Washington DC[40]
Yogi Babacar Khane, 1935 [41]
Daniel Boone, 1945[42]
Norman Paulsen, 1947 Los Angeles,[43]
Swami Kriyananda, 1948 Los Angeles[44]
Roy Eugene Davis, 1949 Los Angeles [45]
Bob Raymer, 1951[46]
Yogacharya Mildred Hamilton,1925 Seattle[47]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places....and those who don\'t believe in magic will never find it" - Roald Dahl

Hm, oh my- (TS, if you know about this, could you redirect me if I'm right?) What if that's being put up because they're going to be "exhuming the body" soon? That would be great!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: Dancer
A friend from this forum here found an update on facebook:

"Southern California Fans" facebook site
Just returned from the walk-a-thon and visiting Michael. Security did confirm that it is a black "curtain" in front of Michael. They are preparing for many followers of yogananda to visit this week who is also buried in Holly Terrace. The curtain is only temporary and will be removed. {amy}[/quote

I wonder why they would allow followers of yogananda into Holly Terrace when fans of the others interred there are not allowed entry? I thought the FL policy was that only approved family members and friends were allowed visitation? Or maybe the purpose of the it is to get fans investigating the life of yogananda? He does have some interesting parallels to Michael.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mac5k

Please TMZ update us ... We need some info please  :D

Paramahansa Yogananda (5 january 1893 - 7 march 1952) :
"Truth is One: I have often said that if Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, and other true emissaries of God came together, they would not quarrel, but would drink from the same one cup of God-communion".

There is a convocation this week - please refer to this link:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

alive

Well. it seems like if its for engraving his name, the curtain might be to protect the rest of the area from the debris that would be caused due to how they have to sandblast the marble.....

If the stone is all polished or has a polished top it might be wise to patch any exposed areas to protect them from over spray. The stone can also be protected by applying a heavy coat of filler to the exposed polished areas. This will not protect it from a direct hit, but it will give it some protection from over spray or sand bouncing from the walls or ceiling of your sandblast room.

God,I hope this isnt the case  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

alive

oh okay, it appears there is a pilgrimage but it isnt until Tuesday.... why put up the curtain on Friday????????

A quick check of The Self-Realization Fellowship 2010 World Convocation itineary confirms they will be making a pilgrimage to Forest Lawn this Tuesday

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... -lawn.html
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

Even if the name is put on it, it means nothing. It could have been purchased for later use. People do that all the time so don't panic if the name is engraved on to it. Remember all we have seen and all of the evidence we have. The curtain bit reminds me of Wizard of Oz. And remember, we think maybe there is a mock up being used to show us crypt images so a name being put on could be for effect and drama for the up and coming Murray going to court bit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions