wilds

Re: George Michael "Michael lost potential."
December 12, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
I just wanted to add that anything Michael makes I love, I really do :D There are many songs on all of the albums from the Jackson 5 and on that I cherish <333 I discovered Off The Wall AFTER Thriller because I wasn't born when OTW was released but some of my all-time favs are from OTW. Thriller just put the mack-zap on me LOL!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 02:44:22 PM
i am a huge george michael fan aswell as michael...i dont think he lost potential, but because thriller was as huge as it was, michael was always wanting to raise the bar and do better again..

but with the internet came the record sales slowing and the internet determines sales....

personally, even though i do love all michael's work, one of my favourites is the invincible album...

and with that album coming after the charges against him and lack of promotion by sony....the sales would have been alot more..

i will say though....george michael did endure a 3 year messy court battle with sony also   :(

this goes off subject a bit, but mj 'died' on gm's birthday.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 02:46:07 PM
Who is George Michael?? :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everyday creates your HIStory.........
Everypath you take your leaving your legacy.......

larab

December 12, 2009, 02:48:52 PM
I understand what he meant, but "lost potential" was not exactly the right way to express it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DooDoo

December 12, 2009, 05:21:23 PM
Is he trying to get back in the spotlight? It seems to me he is the one who lost potential  :roll: I just read yesterday his friend Elton John released a statement saying he was very concerned about George Michael cos he admitted to use crack and cocaine, so he is not in the best position to talk about Michael I think  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you are my life

speechless, that\'s how you make me feel

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

December 12, 2009, 05:27:33 PM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Who is George Michael to pass judgement on Michael like this? There was clearly nothing hampering Michaels creativity enough to prevent him from being the "King of Pop". At least our Michael didn't try to pick up individuals of the same gender for sex in a public toilet or roll and smoke a wacky baccy joint in his car in a public road in full sight. George is a has been whose days of fame are clearing in the history books. He knows nothing-is jealousy!

I think we ought to cut George Michael some slack.  He kept his sexuality secret for many years under pressure from the music industry...  this must have caused him a lot of emotional stress and the "public toilet" incident was a police entrapment procedure.  I think it was awful how he went through that public humiliation... and as MJ fans we know how the press potray and hound and humiliate people for entertainment.
Yes George has had drug issues, but so has MJ which he has admitted to himself.

Just wanted to say that we shouldnt judge,.. and as MJ said himself "dont believe what the press print"

George certainly shouldnt be judged for his homosexuality.  He was very brave to come out publicly and i applaud him for that.  I dont think his homosexuality should come into the argument.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

liegi

December 12, 2009, 05:45:41 PM
I've always admired George Michael's voice and I can't believe he's already retired. He's too young.  Probably he didn't express himself properly about MJ.  Thriller was out of this world.  I remember how it was constantly played whenever you went shopping. But Michael Jackson has written so many other songs, including the ones on the Invincible album, which I just discovered and really liked.  The music industry has really changed.  Today I asked a high school student I was tutoring (here in Italy) who her favorite artist was. She thought a good minute and couldn't tell me--she said that she liked pop music, that's all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 05:51:49 PM
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Who is George Michael to pass judgement on Michael like this? There was clearly nothing hampering Michaels creativity enough to prevent him from being the "King of Pop". At least our Michael didn't try to pick up individuals of the same gender for sex in a public toilet or roll and smoke a wacky baccy joint in his car in a public road in full sight. George is a has been whose days of fame are clearing in the history books. He knows nothing-is jealousy!

I think we ought to cut George Michael some slack.  He kept his sexuality secret for many years under pressure from the music industry...  this must have caused him a lot of emotional stress and the "public toilet" incident was a police entrapment procedure.  I think it was awful how he went through that public humiliation... and as MJ fans we know how the press potray and hound and humiliate people for entertainment.

Just wanted to say that we shouldnt judge,.. and as MJ said himself "dont believe what the press print" Cut him some slack? Sorry but to try to pick up a guy in a public place and to cut slack for it-well you know the old saying that if you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves with it! I have nothing against his sexuality at all, in fact two of my dearest friends are gay guys who live together. But they are very discreet and faithful and value thier principles. What I think people find sickening is the morals (or lack of them) as indeed our British actor Hugh Grant was publicly slammed for picking up a Lady (I use this term loosely) of a certain proffession, and what about President Clinton and Monica Lawinsky? It is not the sexuality that people object to but the morals of people who are very much in the public eye and should set an example to all youngsters. They are willing to spend and live a lavish lifestyle and live in extreme luxury and enjoy fame but they cannot even behave in a dignified way. His homosexuality has nothing to do with it-it would be equally disgusting if he tried touching up a female in this manner. Also I think the very brave were those who did not lie and publicly admitted they were gay when it was less accepted and was in fact a criminal offence, take Quentin Crisp for example, he stood up and changed the whole outlook on gay rights. Watch the true story of him starring John Hurt-it is so very moving. -Quentin Crisp is the sort who should be applauded. And he was a true gent who always behaved in an impeccable manner.[/color]

George certainly shouldnt be judged for his homosexuality.  He was very brave to come out publicly and i applaud him for that.  I dont think his homosexuality should come into the argument.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

gstatpro

December 12, 2009, 06:04:23 PM
So sorry guys but he's right musically mj was done! He conquered the music circuit what did he have left to prove? Believe me guys im defending mj because really mj is and will always wow people with his music from the 70's 80's 90's to invincible! I was in vegas and "the way you make me feel" with mike on the flat screens the crowd was crazy like he was there?>??> Michaels creativity moved on from music from the controlling and crappy music companies.. michael wanted to do movies because michael could do michael not michael could do sony or motown, george michael cant hold anything to mike...he's a hater and of course he gets attention from bashing michael when mj cant reply.

beLIEve.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Wherever you are....

December 12, 2009, 07:21:12 PM
Quote from: "Miss.Peppers"
I think we ought to cut George Michael some slack. He kept his sexuality secret for many years under pressure from the music industry... this must have caused him a lot of emotional stress and the "public toilet" incident was a police entrapment procedure. I think it was awful how he went through that public humiliation... and as MJ fans we know how the press potray and hound and humiliate people for entertainment.

Just wanted to say that we shouldnt judge,.. and as MJ said himself "dont believe what the press print"

George certainly shouldnt be judged for his homosexuality. He was very brave to come out publicly and i applaud him for that. I dont think his homosexuality should come into the argument.
not all of us mentioned anything on his homosexuality...? we talked about what he did, not whom he did.

Quote from: "gstatpro"
So sorry guys but he's right musically mj was done! He conquered the music circuit what did he have left to prove? Believe me guys im defending mj because really mj is and will always wow people with his music from the 70's 80's 90's to invincible! I was in vegas and "the way you make me feel" with mike on the flat screens the crowd was crazy like he was there?>??> Michaels creativity moved on from music from the controlling and crappy music companies.. michael wanted to do movies because michael could do michael not michael could do sony or motown, george michael cant hold anything to mike...he's a hater and of course he gets attention from bashing michael when mj cant reply.

beLIEve.

your statement seems contradictory...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 07:25:16 PM
Quote from: "Leah-Kim"
Who is George Michael?? :lol:

exactly!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Amber

December 16, 2009, 04:48:35 PM
this may sound crazy but George Michael?? who cares what he thinks ! he'll never have the followers mj has and he never did and never will do what mj has done ! these artists seem to forget this small fact from time to time  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...Love Is A Feeling,I Dont Want To Hear It...MJ FOREVER

December 16, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Quote from: "DooDoo"
Is he trying to get back in the spotlight? It seems to me he is the one who lost potential  :roll: I just read yesterday his friend Elton John released a statement saying he was very concerned about George Michael cos he admitted to use crack and cocaine, so he is not in the best position to talk about Michael I think  :roll:
YEAH HE IS I THINK HE IS RELEASING A CHRISTMAS SINGLE ,BUT BEFORE HE DOES THAT HE NEEDS TO SORT OUT HIS LIFE AND STOP SMOKING THAT WACCY BACCY :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 16, 2009, 08:34:03 PM
ummmm GM says Michaels hits tapered as his popularity grew....when was GMs last hit. I also agree with someone earlier said that they thought his music got better as time passed....I know it is almost a sin against MJ to not say "Thriller" is my favorite but my favorite is Dangerous then Invincible-he was always at the top of his game.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

December 16, 2009, 08:45:16 PM
I used to like George Michael in his heyday, but over the years after his shenanigans with men in public toilets and being stoned in his car on a roundabout well! i think he should shut up and stop making a fool of himself! LOL!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions