No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: George Michael "Michael lost potential."
December 11, 2009, 11:28:02 AM
Who is George Michael to pass judgement on Michael like this? There was clearly nothing hampering Michaels creativity enough to prevent him from being the "King of Pop". At least our Michael didn't try to pick up individuals of the same gender for sex in a public toilet or roll and smoke a wacky baccy joint in his car in a public road in full sight. George is a has been whose days of fame are clearing in the history books. He knows nothing-is jealousy!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mungu awape imani.
God give you faith.

December 11, 2009, 11:36:01 AM
Quote from: "Harleyblonde"
Who is George Michael to pass judgement on Michael like this? There was clearly nothing hampering Michaels creativity enough to prevent him from being the "King of Pop". At least our Michael didn't try to pick up individuals of the same gender for sex in a public toilet or roll and smoke a wacky baccy joint in his car in a public road in full sight. George is a has been whose days of fame are clearing in the history books. He knows nothing-is jealousy!

LOL  :lol:
absolutely right.
this is coming from a guy who couldn't keep his hormones to himself & his privates in his pants in a public bathroom...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 11, 2009, 11:37:30 AM
Puhleese.  Who is GM trying to kid?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

[size=85]Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.
-John Wesley
 English religious leader (1703 - 1791)
[/size]

December 11, 2009, 12:24:48 PM
[Puhleese. Who is GM trying to kid?/quote]

He should just zip his lips and get his own life on a handle.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 11, 2009, 05:36:45 PM
George Michael, really?  

Am I the only one who feels that MJ's music got better over the years?  Everybody talks about his early music and Thriller.  Although I like it all, I really think his music and lyrics only got better as he grew older.  Invincible and HIStory happen to be my favorite.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

December 11, 2009, 06:02:30 PM
That's the pot calling the kettle BLACK, IMO.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

mumof3

December 11, 2009, 06:08:26 PM
Michaels music got better  but gm is right about it being surreal though
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 11, 2009, 06:47:48 PM
Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
George Michael, really?  

Am I the only one who feels that MJ's music got better over the years?  Everybody talks about his early music and Thriller.  Although I like it all, I really think his music and lyrics only got better as he grew older.  Invincible and HIStory happen to be my favorite.  

I couldn't agree with you more! I mean, Invincible and HIStory are my favourite but together with the other ones too, lol, but indeed many of the songs in these two albums are amongst his best ever! GM is really talking nonsense. Not only did MJ got better and better with every new project (and not just in the creation process, but as a singer/performer too), every new album presented a complete new sound, style, and message, a brand new Michael Jackson every time -plus the one he already was! How many popular artists are able to reinvent themselves in this way? None, to my knowledge! If i didn't know who G Michael was, i would have never thought that he was a musician...because his words reveal an extreme ignorance as regards musical understanding!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 11, 2009, 07:20:20 PM
I actually place some validity to GM's comments. Thriller was MJ's Mona Lisa. Every piece of work that Mj touched would forever be compared with that standard bearer. MJ would forever be competing with himself to top himself. Subsequent works  were good but never matched the greatness of Thriller.

The  litmus test is record sales and how the record buying public supports the finished product. To an ordinary performer the sales of Invincible would have been cause for celebration. To MJ, that was a disappointment hence the fallout and ongoing battle with SONY. During a 2002 Vibe magazine interview, MJ stated that he believed that the creativity on Invincible matched that of Thriller. However he saw the writing on the wall with the slower and lower record sales.

A perfectionist expects... at worst to match and ...at best to exceed... what has been done previously. MJ was faced with the inability to do either. Why it happened is a mystery. The fickle  taste of music fans may be one reason. The growing popularity of other competing musical genres is another to consider.

After Thriller MJ was no longer just a regular musician who could live life and make music. He was Mj  King of Pop  and a superstar. He had more distractions following  Thriller. Those distractions may or may not have contributed to his inability to raise his bar and move beyond Thriller's level of success.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 11, 2009, 11:36:46 PM
George Michael, really?  

Yes, yes. As Michael matured, so did his music & you could hear that. Thriller, yes...pure excitement, innocent type of love story. I love it, don't get me wrong. But albums like Invincible seriously put the cherry on top. Love (such as Butterflies, the amazing Whatever Happens), frustration on the media (such as Privacy), superiority (such as Threatened), family (such as You Are My Love)...that album was a masterpiece. it upsets me the album didn't get the attention it deserved because of Phony Sony. but it captured Michael's mentality as a person...not just any entertainer (like in Thriller).

i hope i worded everything out. please don't get the idea that Thriller isn't one of my favorites, because it is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

December 12, 2009, 12:16:30 AM
Having had the honor and blessing to come up in the Thriller phenomenon, I have to say that for me it was truly a magical experience - one that I have yet to encounter again! Thriller is an anomaly which has never and likely never will be matched. In my heart I feel this is GOD's work through our angel Michael. It propelled him to the very top and has solidified him as the King of MUSIC!!! But it's not just the music, it's the heart and soul behind it which is pure gold - THAT  is what makes the difference! Michael is able to spread his message of love all over the world like no other person and that began with the success of Thriller! No potential nor anything else was lost! I think you had to be there to know what exactly what I'm feeling! He is truly magical  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 12, 2009, 12:35:33 AM
@Wilds:  I completely agree with you.  I was  9 years old when I was sitting at the dinner table watching MJ Moonwalk for the first time on Motown 25.  He was already a star and that night made him a phenomenon: A phenomenon that transcended and withstood the test of time.  GM couldn't manage to accomplish a fraction of this in the "sporadic" 10 year stretch that he should call "The Best Years of HIS Life" because he is pretty much NON-existent at this point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Te extrano mi amor~

December 12, 2009, 01:45:24 AM
Quote from: "wilds"
Having had the honor and blessing to come up in the Thriller phenomenon, I have to say that for me it was truly a magical experience - one that I have yet to encounter again! Thriller is an anomaly which has never and likely never will be matched.  

Yes, I agree...the word magical is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the Thriller era as well.  I feel so incredibly lucky to have been a kid during those years...it was an amazing time!!  As much as I love his other albums, I don't see how he could have ever topped the excitement and awe that Thriller inspired.  But that doesn't mean his talent faded by any stretch.  I'm not sure GM meant what he said to come across as negative as it did, he probably just meant that MJ hadn't put out an album in almost a decade because of all the crap he had to endure with his celebrity...at least that's how I took it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

December 12, 2009, 01:54:19 AM
George Michael, really?  

I agree with you I deff LOVE his earlier works, but his more resent stuff I listin to more, I fill this is coming from him and his outlook on things in his life and life in general. I can't wait to hear the stuff that is on lock down. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw