GraceTopic starter

Eliza asks for help for her son
November 02, 2011, 04:15:21 PM
I am posting this without any consent from Eliza but I thought Eliza's post deserves your attention to an uncomfortable situation that asks for answers. Thank you.
For those who are not familiar with Eliza, there are many threads about her that I will add at the bottom of this post.

Eliza has posted several times on her blog about the health issues of her son.
This is what she wrote today.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

11/2/11   DREW'S HEART - an urgent update    Hello everyone,

As you can see from my last posting here from the Time's article and where I asked for continued prayers for my son - he is one of the millions of uninsured in the US. The only jobs that he has gotten at his age & in this economy (as a waiter); none offer health insurance or full-time hrs. He was discharged from the original hospital after they put him on medication and then considered 'stable'. When he called to arrange the surgery that Monday, he was told that his portion would be 7k. It didn't happen & was impossible. It's been an ongoing fight since then to get him the heart surgery he still needs. Spoke to a wonderful doctor in Los Angeles yesterday. We have a very dear & mutual friend in common. He has agreed to arrange for Drew's surgery if we can get him there. I am beyond grateful. Just sat & cried after hanging up from him yesterday.

Now, I need your help to make this happen. While he will not have to come up with any of the funds for the medical care up-front (as was required by his local hospital after learning he had no medical insurance); the cost of the trip and for him to stay in Los Angeles has to be through donations. No matter if you can only donate $5.00 to help him, it will be so very appreciated. He has to be able to stay in CA long enough to have the initial procedure to stabilize his heart. If that is unsuccessful, they will then have to install a pacemaker. Because all of the testing wasn't done at his local hospital (they didn't have the facilities); we still do not know the extent and what all has to be done re: surgery, treatment, etc. Because of this, we have to allow him to be there for at least 2 weeks.

The PayPal email address to make a donation is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As always - please continue with your prayers for him ..

Much love,
 Eliza

-------------

More on Eliza's case:

etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

all4loveandbelieve

Re: Eliza asks for help for her son
November 02, 2011, 05:03:33 PM
Did she continue the search for her step brother Elvis? I know they were suppose to go to court, they were opening the elvis presley estate.. My prayers are with Eliza son, May God protect him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ TRUTH always prevails!
November 02, 2011, 05:43:47 PM
Oh God ! :( I never knew anything about her son being ill... I had no idea... My prayers and thoughts go to them now

That's why I haven't seen her on facebook either for some time! if I remember well last time she left a comment on my page was around July or so...

Regarding her paternity DNA case, this quote below is from an article that you can find in its entirety on this link here:

[. . . .]
According to her attorney, Kathleen Caldwell, the lawsuit was dismissed because, after it was filed in August of 2009, the jurisdiction of the Chancery Court in Memphis was legally changed (as of August 2010).  The change means that paternity actions involving unmarried parents could no longer be heard in that court.
[ . . . .]
The Court did not make a ruling on those grounds, or on the question of whether the defense had been properly submitted (based on whether the attorney who filed it really represented Lisa Marie Presley-Lockwood or not).   The Court also did not address the merits or validity of Eliza's DNA or other evidence.  So Eliza Presley did not "lose" her case; rather the Court declined to hear it.

As such, Eliza does have the option of refiling the paternity claim in another court (Juvenile Court, specifically), or attempt to appeal the ruling through the appellate court system.  Unfortunately, the long legal struggle and numerous legal hurdles Eliza and her lawyer have had to face have taken their toil on Eliza.  While she has always been a very determined person, she informed me that she is unable to continue with either legal option, for financial reasons.  This ordeal cost her a great deal of money and she has no resources to continue.
[. . . .]
I am so sorry for all these bizarre, inexplicable obstacles that were put in her way ever since she started this struggle and for everything that she is going through now! :(
I really hope that someday somehow , her efforts and suffering will eventually lead to the TRUTH coming out !!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
November 02, 2011, 10:33:06 PM
So sad, my prayers are also with her...

@All4love, yeah they dismissed her case, they could have at least let her do the DNA test, but she had no legal standing I guess...I really do feel for her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

MJonmind

November 03, 2011, 01:55:35 AM
Is this what so many others have to go through in our court systems?  And no healthcare for those who truly need it?
All that money that goes for the military fighting in other countries, and for bureaucracy--but can't be spent on it's own citizens.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
November 03, 2011, 02:13:52 AM
You know the world is in a sad state, when anyone on our planet is "suffering"! This just shouldn't be happening, and especially not in our own backyard!!

Eliza, my heart goes out to you, your son and your family. I will keep you in my prayers. I know it must be hard, but please, please, please Keep the Faith. I will send you some healing Light and I hope that those that can help, do!

Blessings LOVE and LIGHT to you!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

November 03, 2011, 09:03:18 AM
Is this what so many others have to go through in our court systems?  And no healthcare for those who truly need it?
All that money that goes for the military fighting in other countries, and for bureaucracy--but can't be spent on it's own citizens.

Unfortunately this is true, and with time everything is going to be worse, " they " not to worry about anyone, i am very sorry by Eliza and my best wishes for her and her Son

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 03, 2011, 03:04:02 PM
[...] yeah they dismissed her case, they could have at least let her do the DNA test, but she had no legal standing I guess...[...]
If you read the article from which I gave a link in my previous message ^^ you will see that she had legal standing, several DNA tests had been made and they proved her story (Vernon Presley is her father and Jesse is Elvis! - her step-brother!),
As Eliza used to say "the DNA don't lie!"
The only thing that stopped everything is that "they" somehow managed to move the jurisdiction who dealt with paternity cases! So her file/trial was blocked this way! She did not lose the case...it was all "postponed" or "put on hold" if you like. And if she had more money and moral strength to carry on she would win that case by other means, but she was forced to stop out of financial means and all the obstacles put in her way.
Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:11:01 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ & ELVIS are ALIVE ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SimPattyK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 03, 2011, 03:08:08 PM
The saddest part is that it's not only the American system that "works" this way! it's a "general" situation and in some parts is WORSE than that!
It's a vicious circle that goes and on .... and normal, simple citizens can do nothing about it!
Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:09:40 PM by SimPattyK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions