LorrieTopic starter

FYI: Today (December 10), the Recording Academy, which presents the annual music-industry Grammy Awards, announced that Michael will be among the recipients of a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2010 Grammys airing on Sunday, January 31, at 8pm ET on CBS in the United States.

The formal name of the honor is the Special Merit Award:

The Recording Academy announced its 2010 Special Merit Awards recipients today. This year's Lifetime Achievement Award honorees are Leonard Cohen, Bobby Darin, David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Michael Jackson, Loretta Lynn, André Previn, and Clark Terry...

The Lifetime Achievement Award honors lifelong artistic contributions to the recording medium...
News like this can make some believers feel sad, but Michael definitely deserves the acknowledgment, no matter what the actual circumstances of June 25 are. So, a big congratulations to him!

LINK: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:19:06 PM by Lorrie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Honesty I get sad everytime I see anything celebrating him....just me. I hope Janet recieves it for him-please no Jermaine at the Grammys.... :x
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Love you more...forever

LorrieTopic starter

Quote from: "neverlandprincess"
Honesty I get sad everytime I see anything celebrating him....just me.
I understand where you're coming from. It makes everything seem so final and unchangeable (and surreal).

I wish his children could do the honors and accept the award on his behalf, but I guess they're not old enough for that type of appearance yet.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Lorrie"
I understand where you're coming from. It makes everything seem so final and unchangeable (and surreal).

I wish his children could do the honors and accept the award on his behalf, but I guess they're not old enough for that type of appearance yet.
I was thinking the same...but if that happened it would be the final nail for me. Sadly-I mean as far as thinking we may ever ever see him again.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

It is always bittersweet when Michael receives these awards, but he does deserve them all.  I also hope that another family member will do the honors in January.  Hopefully one who can talk.  That leaves out Joe, Jermaine and LaToya.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

LorrieTopic starter

I was thinking the same...but if that happened it would be the final nail for me. Sadly-I mean as far as thinking we may ever ever see him again.
Now that you've said it, I agree. The kids accepting the award would definitely make Michael's absence seem final, although it's starting to seem that way right now without any extra help.

I can't believe it's been almost six month since June 25, and here we are still waiting for the other foot -- ANY foot -- to drop. *sigh*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LorrieTopic starter

Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
I also hope that another family member will do the honors in January.  Hopefully one who can talk.  That leaves out Joe, Jermaine and LaToya.
I was just reading an article on another website where a commenter noted how the other Jackson brothers are also just like Joe and Jermaine. The person saw them on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show last night and was surprised that Jackie, Tito, and Marlon all go on and on and on, but never answer the question they've been asked, exactly like Jermaine and Papa Joe do.

I guess that leaves out Joe, LaToya, and every last one of Michael's brothers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Now that you've said it, I agree. The kids accepting the award would definitely make Michael's absence seem final, although it's starting to seem that way right now without any extra help.

I can't believe it's been almost six month since June 25, and here we are still waiting for the other foot -- ANY foot -- to drop. *sigh*

If we were actualy hearing anything it would be nice...its been so quiet-maybe thats it though-maybe they are keeping it quiet because we were too close (us and those like us). Maybe no news is good news.

@mjsoulmate  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: ROFL-"I would like to thank the fans and introduce MY children that no one has ever seen by choice...JAFAR!!! (ok MJ and God forgive me for my terrible rudeness)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
I also hope that another family member will do the honors in January.  Hopefully one who can talk.  That leaves out Joe, Jermaine and LaToya.
I was just reading an article on another website where a commenter noted how the other Jackson brothers are also just like Joe and Jermaine. The person saw them on Jimmy Kimmel's talk show last night and was surprised that Jackie, Tito, and Marlon all go on and on and on, but never answer the question they've been asked, exactly like Jermaine and Papa Joe do.

I guess that leaves out Joe, LaToya, and every last one of Michael's brothers.

That is strange...you know they have to care because all the brothers took shift sitting behind him at the trial-and Toya was there everyday-surprisingly Janet could not be there as much. So,that being said there are things we dont know and their behavior does support what we believe...to a point. I cant figure how it helps them when everyone can see how weird it all is.Maybe thats why Janet can keep secrets...she just doesnt really talk.
 I just wonder how Michael turned out like he did...none of the other brothers are like him,not even a little-Janet is to  a point but musically you can tell (in all earlier vids and style) that she really idolized Michael. Personality wise she is more like him. If this is really how all these guys are ...how did he become so? He was truly touched or he was a genius that pulled a punk of a double life for his entire life.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

MJsSuperflyPYT

I know what you're saying.  I couldn't be more happier that he's getting this award. But like Lorrie said, it makes things seem that much more final and set in stone (no pun intended).  It bothers me a little that these latest awards are being presented after his "death".  Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled that he's gettin' every single one, but I guess I just wish that he could be present to receive these awards himself, you know?  Either way, congratulations Mike, you know we love you more!   ;)  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

It is very scary  :(  Why would he keep letting them give him awards? I know he deserves them too, but i cant see him letting them give him all these awards if he is alive. IDK, I'm scared though.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bobo

I'm sad, but meanwhile I'm glad, he deserves it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]enjoy your day, Michael[/size]

LorrieTopic starter

Maybe no news is good news.
Very true. Unfortunately, I'm an impatient, results-oriented person. When it comes to important situations, I like to know what the heck is going on as soon as possible, and why, good or bad.

This predicament is torturing me precisely because we're not getting relevant answers, and the few answers we do get turn out to be blatant lies after you analyze them the slightest bit.

Personality wise she is more like him. If this is really how all these guys are ...how did he become so? He was truly touched or he was a genius that pulled a punk of a double life for his entire life.
I believe Michael is one of those rare talents specifically put on this Earth to be unique and a trailblazer in some way, which is why I think he doesn't resemble his family in certain aspects. His path in life was distinct from the get-go (hence his belief that his music came from God) and destined to make him stand apart from others (hence his perpetual loneliness).

Then again, Michael's brothers didn't achieve the same type of fame or success he has achieved, and they also haven't been through the same hard times. He stands apart in so many ways I'm not surprised he seems unlike them, although it probably would have been easier for Michael if one of his brothers could relate to him better because they shared more common experiences (not that I wish any of his difficulties on anybody else).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LorrieTopic starter

Quote from: "MJsSuperflyPYT"
It bothers me a little that these latest awards are being presented after his "death". Don't get me wrong, I'm tickled that he's gettin' every single one, but I guess I just wish that he could be present to receive these awards himself, you know?
Many people are saying a similar thing, PYT. Why weren't some of these honors given to Michael before June 25? Lots of entertainers receive Lifetime Achievement Awards while they're still alive and kicking. Being recognized for his unmatched artistry before June 25 could have helped make Michael feel less stressed and more appreciated, which could have made June 25 never happen. If only.

Quote from: "hope"
Why would he keep letting them give him awards? I know he deserves them too, but i cant see him letting them give him all these awards if he is alive. IDK, I'm scared though.
Whether they're dead or alive, Michael and other entertainers don't have any control over voting committees and the members who decide which artists should be honored at awards shows. So, don't be scared. He has absolutely no influence over these types of things, aside from devoting almost five decades of his life to excelling in the arts and humanitarianism.

Quote from: "bobo"
I'm sad, but meanwhile I'm glad, he deserves it.
Yes, he does, bobo. That's why I choose to be happy about it. I'd feel much worse if he didn't receive any honors for his immense contributions to the entertainment industry and numerous charities and good causes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

Honesty I get sad everytime I see anything celebrating him....just me. I hope Janet recieves it for him-please no Jermaine at the Grammys.... :x

I know exactly what you mean.
But Michael deserves every grammy in this world so I'm really glad he's getting this one! :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions