Daily Mirror UK 10th Dec 2009
December 10, 2009, 01:23:37 PM
Michael Jackson's brothers reveal ways they discovered he was dead

Michael Jackson's brothers have revealed how they heard about the singer's death last June.  Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon said they all knew Michael was dead before their parents got in touch.

Jackie revealed yesterday that he was shopping when someone walking past said: "Michael Jackson died."

He said: "I walked outside and I got a phone call from my mum - she told me that it was true."

Meanwhile Jermaine told a TV talk show: "I found out from CNN."

And Marlon said: "I got a phone call from a friend who said, 'Is your brother all right?' I said, 'What are you talking about?' "As I was calling my brothers, calling my mum, my daughter downstairs said, 'Dad, Uncle Michael is dead.' It was unbelievable."

The brothers recalled the emotional moment as they announced a Jackson 5 tour next year.

I wonder, does any of this tie in with what they have said previously.  Also I am confused about this bit - Jermaine told a TV talk show: "I found out from CNN."

But Jermaine made the announcement at the hospital soon after MJ 'died'.  I just don't get it.  :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Michael, I am here for you always.  I give you my heart, my soul and I offer you my friendship."

Re: Daily Mirror UK 10th Dec 2009
December 10, 2009, 01:29:40 PM
Here's the section of the transcript from their appearance on LKL this week.  I have to do something else right now so I can't compare the "versions"...  

KING: All right. How -- how are you all doing?

It's five months.

Does it seem like five months, Marlon?

MARLON JACKSON: No, it doesn't seem like five months. And the thing about it is that I don't -- I think, for myself -- and I can only speak for myself -- I'm learning to deal with my brother's passing. And every day I say to myself, I can't believe that my brother is not here.

KING: Where were you when he died?

MARLON JACKSON: I actually was in Georgia when he had passed.

KING: And they had phoned you?

MARLON JACKSON: Actually, no. Actually, I got a phone call from a friend of mine who said, is your brother all right?

I said, what are you talking about?

He was rushed to the hospital.

As I was calling my brothers, calling my mom, my daughter down stairs said, dad, Uncle Michael is dead.

KING: That had to be unbelievable, right?

MARLON JACKSON: That was unbelievable.

KING: Where were you, Tito?

TITO JACKSON: Actually, I was at home doing some work. And one of my sons had called me and asked me was it true what we're hearing about Uncle Michael?

So I said, what is it that you're hearing?

He said that they just rushed him to the hospital. So I immediately tried to tune into CNN Headline News and had learned that -- on my way -- I called my mom and she said, you guys better get down there.

So on the way there, Janet had called me and said, Tito, are you driving?

I said, yes I am. She said pull over. And when she said that, I knew something was drastically wrong. And I pulled over and she broke the bad news to me.

KING: Jackie, how did you learn?

JACKIE JACKSON, JACKSON 5: Well, I was at the Venetian Hotel with Jermaine's two kids shopping. And I was just looking at a monitor where Michael shops and buys all his luggage and things like that and souvenirs. And we were just looking at it. And all of a sudden, someone passing said, Michael Jackson died. Someone passing -- saying that passed me. And I said, no way.

So I walked outside and I got a phone call from my mom. She told me that it was true.

KING: And, Jermaine, I know we've asked you before, but just for the benefit for those who didn't see it, where were you?

JERMAINE JACKSON: Well, my first -- I was on the other side of Pasadena. My first phone call was -- was you guys. And I...

KING: You found out from CNN?

JERMAINE JACKSON: I found out from CNN. And I just said, I'm going to call my mother right -- right away. So I called my mother. She said she was on her way to the hospital. Within 45 minutes, past, Janet -- I spoke to Janet and I spoke to our attorney, Joel Katz. And the next thing I knew, I called my mother back and she -- just to hear her voice. She was at the hospital. She said, he's dead. And there was just a horrible tone in her voice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
http]

[size=85]Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.
-John Wesley
 English religious leader (1703 - 1791)
[/size]

sosh

Re: Daily Mirror UK 10th Dec 2009
December 11, 2009, 02:33:46 AM
How late did Jermain make the press conference about MJ's death. If it's within 1 - 2 hours of MJ's reported death time, hey maybe lying. From the other side of Pasadena to UCL doesn't look like it can be done within 1,5 hours by car when I look at google maps.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions