Jehovas witness think else?

  • 14 Replies
  • 1021 Views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Suzy

  • *
  • Guest
    • Show only replies by Suzy

Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 12:48:55 PM
Hello guys I was thinking that Jehovas witness believe in the after live and it those who doesent dont see the truth.What I mean is maybe we see clues where there arent.If the family have another religion that we not now or understand how can we ever find out the truth then?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Christiana

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 626
    • Show only replies by Christiana

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 01:32:27 PM
I posted some information about JW's on MJKIT. It was with regard to funeral services but has some info about death in it too. Here's the info:

I was just skimming around tonight on Google and I keep coming across things that catch my eye. These bits were from various sources that I just copied and pasted into Notepad as I hunted further. I don't have the sources. But I found some interesting information that, if factual, seems to me to support the hoax. So here's what I found to be interesting.

1. There may or may not be an open casket. The Congregation Elder conducts the service and delivers a talk, which may be tape recorded. Cameras or video equipment, however, are not permitted.

As I recall, there were quite a few cameras at the funeral, right? And even though MJ might not be a devout JW, he was raised as one and of course mama Katherine sure is. So that seems odd that she would allow the cameras to me.

2. They also don't believe in what are considered "unscriptural funeral customs, such as wakes, pouring of libations, talking to and making requests of the dead, ceremonious observances of funeral anniversaries, and other customs based on the belief that something in a person survives death."

Um, remember the Memorial? And the "after party" of the funeral? Weren't those technically considered wakes?

3. J.W.s believe that when you die, you are DEAD until the resurrection. Your spirit is as dead as the body until the two are reunited at the resurrection. With that belief there is quite a bit of "grieving" for the totally dead person. So death carries more weight for them, than for many other Christians.

And we all know how painfully obvious their grief has been, right?

4. The funeral usually takes place within a week after death.

That didn't quite happen, did it?

OK, again, I know MJ may not be a devout JW, but Katherine is. And I just think there are some things that she would not waiver on where a funeral is concerned. Am I just reaching too much here? These things just don't add up if MJ is really dead.

++I will add too that whatever truth there is to be found, we're not going to find it with the Jackson family.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline WanaBstartnSthn

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 14
    • Show only replies by WanaBstartnSthn

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 01:40:38 PM
I agree with what you are saying but I have to correct you on something. The afterparty isntconsidered a "wake". The wake happens before the funeral, usually in the USA it occurs a day or so before the funeral and is also called a "viewing". I am going to a wake tomorrow for a classmate who was killed and his funeral is the following day. My family are Jehovahs witnesses so I can understand everything else ur saying.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Alem (Thetruth)

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 372
    • Show only replies by Alem (Thetruth)

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 01:42:20 PM
About the camera restriction, there were actually no cameras or filming allowed during the whole ceremony. Though people could not obey that rule and they sure didn’t care. They were present at The King of Pop’s memorial no rule could stop them from filming. But my point is that cameras weren’t allowed in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ



www.twitter.com/alem_mj

Offline Christiana

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 626
    • Show only replies by Christiana

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:08 PM
Quote from: "Alem (Thetruth)"
About the camera restriction, there were actually no cameras or filming allowed during the whole ceremony. Though people could not obey that rule and they sure didn’t care. They were present at The King of Pop’s memorial no rule could stop them from filming. But my point is that cameras weren’t allowed in the first place.

The Jackson Family supplied the video footage of the funeral service up until the point that the hearse arrived. What may, or may not, have been filmed by them after that point we do not know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline Christiana

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 626
    • Show only replies by Christiana

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:33 PM
Quote from: "WanaBstartnSthn"
I agree with what you are saying but I have to correct you on something. The afterparty isntconsidered a "wake". The wake happens before the funeral, usually in the USA it occurs a day or so before the funeral and is also called a "viewing". I am going to a wake tomorrow for a classmate who was killed and his funeral is the following day. My family are Jehovahs witnesses so I can understand everything else ur saying.

I live in the US and have been to wakes, so I understand and have participated in wakes that typically take place before a funeral. But any celebration of a person's life, whether it takes place before or after a funeral, can, in some respect, be considered a wake. I'm NOT saying that the "after party" WAS for certain a wake. I'm saying it COULD be considered a wake, depending upon one's point of view.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline Alem (Thetruth)

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 372
    • Show only replies by Alem (Thetruth)

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 02:08:57 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
Quote from: "Alem (Thetruth)"
About the camera restriction, there were actually no cameras or filming allowed during the whole ceremony. Though people could not obey that rule and they sure didn’t care. They were present at The King of Pop’s memorial no rule could stop them from filming. But my point is that cameras weren’t allowed in the first place.

The Jackson Family supplied the video footage of the funeral service up until the point that the hearse arrived. What may, or may not, have been filmed by them after that point we do not know.
U were talking about the funeral I see.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ



www.twitter.com/alem_mj

Suzy

  • *
  • Guest
    • Show only replies by Suzy

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
Thank you guys thank you very mutch!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Lorrie

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 232
    • Show only replies by Lorrie

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 05:08:34 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"
OK, again, I know MJ may not be a devout JW, but Katherine is. And I just think there are some things that she would not waiver on where a funeral is concerned. Am I just reaching too much here?
Possibly. It's my understanding that as the Jackson family's moral center, Katherine likes harmony. She's also reportedly under the influence of certain family members, particularly Joe, which causes her to give in to others' wishes at times just to keep the peace and to avoid or minimize conflict.

In other words, some Jacksons reportedly know how to manipulate Katherine, kind of like how she has allegedly manipulated Michael in the past to get him to do things he doesn't want to, such as convincing him to go on the Victory Tour with his brothers when he preferred to focus on his solo career.

So, despite her strong religious beliefs, I could see Katherine not insisting on certain things she might find not "worth the trouble," especially considering her obvious grief over Michael's predicament (notice I didn't say his death). Your points are significant and valid, though, and I hope you're correct.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline alexa7

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 31
    • Show only replies by alexa7

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 05:18:28 PM
Katherine (from what I know) would give in on certain things, and certainly at least one birthday celebration was held for her - I am sure more- but her gifts had to be in brown wrappings.  For Christmas I don't know but Michael's first was the home video one with LT which looks in the 90s.  Now giving way on details is one thing, bending your beliefs. My grandmother was a member of a very very strict religeon - Plymouth Brethern and amongst other things you couldn't have a tv, she did but she hid it under a blanket....
IT IS COMPLETELY not a minor thing to allow your son's memorial and funeral to be staged by a production company, scripted, filmed and potentially to be used in a later reality show.  NOR is it a minor thing to allow statements to be made like "I'm alive and I'm here forever", "he is always with us", "he will never leave us" and on and on and on,  this is fundamentally opposed to Jehovah's Witness teachings and she is even taking the children to meetings.  So I'm sorry I just don't think you can bend things that much and I don't think she would.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline larab

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 323
    • Show only replies by larab

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 05:23:01 PM
I think Katherine is the only Jehova's Witness in the family..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline alexa7

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 31
    • Show only replies by alexa7

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: "larab"
I think Katherine is the only Jehova's Witness in the family..

But she's the big mama and she rules the roost and the purse strings...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hope

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 543
  • King of my heart
    • Show only replies by hope

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 06:35:40 PM
Quote from: "alexa7"
Katherine (from what I know) would give in on certain things, and certainly at least one birthday celebration was held for her - I am sure more- but her gifts had to be in brown wrappings.  For Christmas I don't know but Michael's first was the home video one with LT which looks in the 90s.  Now giving way on details is one thing, bending your beliefs. My grandmother was a member of a very very strict religeon - Plymouth Brethern and amongst other things you couldn't have a tv, she did but she hid it under a blanket....
IT IS COMPLETELY not a minor thing to allow your son's memorial and funeral to be staged by a production company, scripted, filmed and potentially to be used in a later reality show.  NOR is it a minor thing to allow statements to be made like "I'm alive and I'm here forever", "he is always with us", "he will never leave us" and on and on and on,  this is fundamentally opposed to Jehovah's Witness teachings and she is even taking the children to meetings.  So I'm sorry I just don't think you can bend things that much and I don't think she would.
Wow :shock:  i really hope you are right. I wish we could get a "rules" list, or something explaining the can and cants JW can do. ( I know that doesnt make much sense, but hopefully you can unferstand what I mean).  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Christiana

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 626
    • Show only replies by Christiana

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 08:22:47 PM
Quote from: "larab"
I think Katherine is the only Jehova's Witness in the family..

Most reports say Rebbie is a very devout JH too. Not sure about LaToya and Janet, or any of the brothers though.

I was just curious about their faith with regard to funerals and such when I looked up that info. As with anything, my thoughts are just speculation. It's very possible that Michael's fame took precedence over mama Katherine's or anyone else's faith in the family. Who knows.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Offline mjssoulmate

  • *
  • Hoaxer
  • Posts: 820
    • Show only replies by mjssoulmate

Re: Jehovas witness think else?

  • on: December 10, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
Point 3 would explain what Rebbie wrote into the memorial booklet.  I always wondered about that.  

If the after party is considered a wake then it explains why Katherine didn't attend.  It still doesn't explain to me why she and Joe left the funeral in an RV, lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
23 Replies
1269 Views
Last post December 23, 2009, 05:20:42 PM
by peterpanswendy
4 Replies
359 Views
Last post February 05, 2010, 03:42:23 PM
by Grace
11 Replies
615 Views
Last post March 23, 2010, 05:58:16 PM
by Kirsche
0 Replies
735 Views
Last post April 10, 2010, 06:10:09 PM
by the arabian nights
26 Replies
1171 Views
Last post May 06, 2010, 07:53:53 PM
by Dancing_Machine