Juliens Michael Jackson Auction
June 25, 2010, 03:44:12 PM
I'm not sure what I think of this, a lot of Michael's stuff is being auctioned. Including Dangerous concert outfit, and a few of his awards...  :?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Re: Juliens Michael Jackson Auction
June 25, 2010, 03:56:37 PM
That's what makes me think he is gone. The auction of his most valued, personal possessions. I mean, why would he sell most of that stuff, especially the awards, if he didn't want them anymore wouldn't they be something his kids would want? I hope the auction is just a diversion & doesn't really happen because it's a shame & it makes me worry  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ejay

June 25, 2010, 04:15:02 PM
I wouldnt let the auction make you lose faith. After all..whose to say the supposed "winning bid" wont be from a MJ insider ;)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

June 25, 2010, 04:16:05 PM
Quote from: "MJFAN7"
I'm not sure what I think of this, a lot of Michael's stuff is being auctioned. Including Dangerous concert outfit, and a few of his awards...  :?

can I just say i love your sig clips what was being thrown at Michael when was that filmed it just shows the fun side of him its great
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 25, 2010, 04:35:18 PM
Quote from: "ejay"
I wouldnt let the auction make you lose faith. After all..whose to say the supposed "winning bid" wont be from a MJ insider ;)  ;)

That's true. Maybe they were under contract to sell stuff but now they (he) have money to buy it all back ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 25, 2010, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: "mumof3"
Quote from: "MJFAN7"

can I just say i love your sig clips what was being thrown at Michael when was that filmed it just shows the fun side of him its great

I honestly don't know why he made that face  :lol:
Here's a youtube clip:
[youtube:2bul3x6y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QeNZLqDA9g[/youtube:2bul3x6y]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

June 25, 2010, 05:41:44 PM
yes signature clips are lovely I luv seeing him being all funny u make me smile Mike.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
June 25, 2010, 10:36:36 PM
Out with the old and in with the new

These objects are not important to him anymore....especially the Neverland ranch memorabilia.  I believe he is making a fresh start...new short haircut, new look and new image.  

These things are materialistic....and if they remind him of the accusations made against him, then why not get rid of them....the money goes to the children anyhow...
 It's all for L.O.V.E  xoxoxo
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 26, 2010, 12:46:33 AM
NEW LIFE!!! YES MAKES PERFECT SENSE.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 10, 2010, 03:17:23 AM
Some new MJ-stuff up for auction at Juliens  in December 2010

John Lennon Jacket, Bubbles Chimp Suit Go to Auction

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A military band jacket worn by John Lennon, X-rays of Albert Einstein's head and a costume made for Michael Jackson's pet chimp Bubbles are among more than 650 lots of pop culture memorabilia up for auction in Beverly Hills next month.

The Icons and Idols sale on December 3 and 4. will also include what organizer Julien's Auctions says is the most extensive collection of Lennon and Beatles memorabilia ever to come to public auction.

A white and gold braided jacket worn by Lennon in 1966 for a Life magazine photo shoot is expected to fetch up to $200,000. The jacket echoes the style worn the following year by all four Beatles on the cover of their "Sgt. Pepper's" album.

"It is rare that an article of clothing worn by John Lennon comes up for auction," auctioneer Darren Julien told Reuters. He said a white suit worn by Lennon on the 1969 "Abbey Road" album cover sold for $120,000 in 2005.

Other Lennon items include self-portraits, a collage created for Elton John's 28th birthday, and a guitar played by both Lennon and Elvis Presley during a Los Angeles jam session, which carries an estimate of $100,000 to $150,000.

The Lennon jacket is expected to fetch about 10 times the price of several Michael Jackson outfits, including a black jacket with epaulets that the "King of Pop" wore to a 1996 birthday party for South African President Nelson Mandela. It carries a $10,000-$20,000 estimate.

A signed red leather "Beat It" jacket is expected to fetch up to $10,000, while another of Jackson's signature single white crystal gloves -- this one commissioned for the "Bad' tour in the late 1980s -- has an asking price of $20,000 -

$30,000.

"As a collectible, Michael Jackson is very consistent and selling for high numbers," Julien said, saying the singer's clothing was priced conservatively.

Among the more bizarre items in the auction of movie costumes, programs and signed guitars, is a two-piece leather costume designed for Bubbles the chimp, with an estimate of $2,000 to $4,000. Half the proceeds will go toward the care of Bubbles, now 26, who lives at a sanctuary in Florida.

A set of two X-rays taken in 1945 of Einstein's head is expected to fetch between $1,000 and $2,000.

Further details of the sale in Beverly Hills can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

November 10, 2010, 03:21:08 AM
MORE

BEVERLY HILLS, CA.- Julien’s Auctions presents an auction of “Icons & Idols” memorabilia and ephemera on December 3rd and 4th, 2010 in Beverly Hills, California.

Never before has such an extensive collection of John Lennon/Beatles memorabilia ever come to public auction. This once in a lifetime auction includes handwritten working lyrics, drawings and clothing from legendary Beatle John Lennon. Lennon’s abundant creativity is showcased here in unusual self-portraits inscribed to friends, a collage created for Elton John’s 28th birthday (Est. $30,000/40,000), drawings and prose that appeared in Lennon’s 1965 book A Spaniard in the Works (Est. $2,000/4,000) and a jacket that was almost lost to the world were it not for the keen eye of a Salvation Army driver. The jacket, worn by Lennon in 1966 for a Life magazine photo shoot (Est. $150,000/200,000), is emblematic of Lennon’s singular fashion sense and style that inspired the cover for the Sergeant Pepper album and echoed in The Beatles appearance for years to come. It is believed to be a military band jacket that was in the possession of Lennon until donated to the Salvation Army in New York. This jacket represents the changing aesthetic of The Beatles and, indeed, a generation of music lovers who mimicked the repurposing of clothing and encouraged new meaning of military emblems to create a juxtaposition for promoting peace. As a child, rock and roll legend Jimi Hendrix did not own a guitar. Hendrix borrowed a school friend’s Sear’s Silvertone electric guitar while he played in the band The Velvetones. This vintage guitar (Est. $100,000/200,000) has been on display at the Seattle Experience Music Project in an exhibition devoted to Jimi.

Nudie Cohn’s western suits were worn famously by country western stars like Johnny Cash, Hank Snow and Glen Campbell. The eccentric designs and detailed craftsmanship caught the eye of other rock legends including Gram Parsons and John Lennon. Keith Richards commissioned a suit that was considered too risqué for even Nudie, who chose to embellish Richard’s suit with UFOs and snakes. This Keith Richard’s stage worn ensemble (Est. $8,000/10,000) will hit the auction block with a number of other Rolling Stone’s memorabilia on Saturday, December 4th, 2010.

Richard’s band mate Ronnie Wood is not only known as a great musician but a talented visual artist. Those two great talents are comingled in Lot 348 a stage played and hand painted, signed Ronnie Wood guitar (Est. $25,000/30,000). A second Ron Wood painted guitar will also be auctioned - designed with the classic Rolling Stone lips logo and inspired by the Rolling Stones song “Some Girls” with partial lyrics to the song written on the back (Est. $25,000/30,000).

Elvis Presley would have been 75 this year, but his influence and legend are still enjoyed by fans and musicians today. A stunning collection of items has been assembled for this very special auction. Included in this unique collection are early photographs, film worn and personal clothing, jewelry gifted to and from Presley, two of The King’s handguns, books, and signed items from the career of a true legend.

This sale also includes personal clothing from icons such as Cher, Madonna’s stage worn Dolce & Gabbana Girlie Show tour coat (Est. $4,000/6,000), Bruce Springsteen annotated lyrics (Est. $1,000/1,500), and guitars signed by Greg Allman, Guns N Roses, Bono and many more.

Taking center stage in this sale of Icons & Idols is the “King of Pop” Michael Jackson. The sale features more than 100 items from the life and career of Michael Jackson. From early Jackson 5 items, “We Are the World” memorabilia and MTV Video Award to personal and stage worn clothing from throughout Jackson’s career. A military style jacket Jackson wore while celebrating Nelson Mandela’s 78th birthday (Est. $10,000/20,000) is a testament to Jackson’s activism and wide circle of influential friends.

The sale also showcases a custom made costume for Jackson’s friend and companion Bubbles the chimp (Est. $2,000/4,000) and the sale of the ensemble will benefit Bubbles long term housing and care at the Center for Great Apes in Wauchula, Florida.

Michael Jackson’s own home at Neverland Ranch held countless treasures of which only a few were ever sold. Statues and Neverland golf carts are among the rare Michael Jackson items that are offered for sale this December.

For those who prefer Hollywood glamour to music, we are proud to present an assemblage of Hollywood memorabilia. Judy Garland’s iconic fedora from the film Summer Stock (Est. $8,000/10,000), Barbra Streisand’s Funny Lady dress (Est. $2,000/4,000), Vivien Leigh’s blouse from Gone With the Wind (Est. $1,000/2,000), Elizabeth Taylor worn items from Cleopatra and Life With Father and also Marlene Dietrich’s personal dress (Est. $1,000/2,000) are only a few of the costumes offered for sale at Julien’s Icons & Idols live auction event.

In 1945 a young Norma Jean Dougherty met photographer Andre de Dienes. In 2002 de Dienes published a landmark photography book/personal memoir of his time with the lady who became Marilyn Monroe. Offered for sale here is the original manuscript that was reproduced by Taschen Books (Est. $3,000/5,000). This manuscript includes original photographs and hand written corrections to the extraordinary story of a young woman who went on to become a true legend. Original Andre de Dienes photographs of Monroe as well as photographs taken by Bert Stern, George Barris and Milton Greene are also offered for sale.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

Grace

Re: Juliens Michael Jackson Auction - Results
December 05, 2010, 11:30:39 AM
This is the outcome of the auctions:

Some went unsold, some docs are interesting...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal