~Souza~Topic starter

Michael Jackson teaming up with David Blaine?
December 08, 2009, 05:59:51 PM
I posted this article before on MJKIT a few months ago, but I think it's worth a repost.

Michael Jackson teaming up with David Blaine?
BY: ABSOLUTE PICTURES | Tuesday, November 21, 2006

After Michael Jackson's dismal performance at The World Music Awards last week, the King of Pop needs all of the help he can get. Now it looks like he's found it in street magician, David Blaine. It's been reported that Jackson and Blaine are planning a music and magic spectacle for the New Year.

According to Pop Revenge, who are billing the story as an exclusive undercover report from The World Music Awards, a source close to the famous pop star claims to have revealed that Michael is planning a spectacular show to silence his critics with the help of his old friend, David Blaine. The female source told Pop Revenge that Jackson is already in the early stages of pulling off a big comeback, "There is nothing more sacred to Michael than his electricity on stage, press reports claimed he will never sing again like he used to, they are in for a shock. The attacks have personally hurt him, he has always prided himself on his abilities as a live performer. His response will be dramatic and the answer is going to be onstage, it is something nobody else could create."

Another source at the awards show, apparently a friend of David Blaine's, admitted to the outlet that plans are indeed underway for something unique, "David is in New York preparing for his big stunt next week, as soon as he comes through that are going to start preparations, people will realize that Michael can perform at the highest level, a level only he can attain. People are in for a surprise."

It looks like this unknown music and magic spectacular will coincide with Jackson's upcoming album, which is being recorded in Ireland and is expected to be available sometime in 2007.

While the validity of these sources are still up for debate, it's interesting to think of the possible stage show both entertainers are capable of putting together. Before we get too excited, though, who remembers the short lived buzz surrounding Michael's supposed Thriller performance at the World Music Awards? Michael just needs to make it happen, that's what fans are waiting for.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tay3

Re: Michael Jackson teaming up with David Blaine?
December 08, 2009, 07:54:36 PM
Thanks for posting this again, Souza. Very interesting ;).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 08, 2009, 11:25:25 PM
This article reminded me of what Rodney Jerkins once said about Michael's comeback:

Music producer and Michael Jackson friend Rodney Jerkins says the King of Pop planned to "shock the world" with his comeback -- and that Michael said of his plans, "Wait until we show them what's next."

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login#ixzz0ZAM5YoIA

Video of this interview with Rodney Jerkins:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

December 09, 2009, 12:08:40 AM
We should find out what Blaine is up to nowadays. I used to follow him on twitter and he mentioned Mike a couple of times. Saying he missed him and such. Will follow him again...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lies runs sprints...but the TRUTH runs Marathons

December 09, 2009, 09:27:43 AM
Thank-you Souza
Yes I find David Blaine/MJ Interessante Theorie and very probably... ;)
Great contribution Thanks
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 09, 2009, 10:11:40 AM
Lets not forget the video DB uploaded on his Facebook 1 hour after MJ "Died" :o

Sorry i dont know how to put the video on without you having to log onto Facebook..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Everyday creates your HIStory.........
Everypath you take your leaving your legacy.......

December 09, 2009, 04:20:02 PM
Did anyone watch DB last night on the Travel Channel???  I was only able to see the first show, end of credits listed Uri Gellar  :shock: !!!!  DB is an amazing magician, he reaches out to all walks of life...please catch him tonight at midnight EST on the Travel Channel...the ending of 'Magic Man' is simply beautiful!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

December 09, 2009, 04:57:48 PM
What happened at the World Music Awards in 2006? I've never heard of these problems.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2009, 09:07:57 PM
Quote from: "liegi"
What happened at the World Music Awards in 2006? I've never heard of these problems.

Same here...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 15, 2009, 09:17:18 PM
It's weird because everyone talks about his connection to Criss Angel lately and I have been saying in my mind "but what about David Blaine". He was the one he seemed close to for years (as per the pics that have come to light with DB in them). I also noticed on twitter that "paris" (doubt its her) but she mentioned coming to NY in June 2010. Wonder whats going on here then. We know DB lives here and does a lot here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MAKE THAT CHANGE!!

December 31, 2009, 05:39:26 PM
I was just thinking about MJ connection to David Blaine.  I found this old article posted online @ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A big news story is brewing
written by on 21/11/2006 00:00:00

Sound Generator has learnt that Michael Jackson is planning a spectacular live return in the New Year with the help of street magician David Blaine.

A number of Internet news sources are quoting today that the pop superstar plans to silence his critics with a 'dramatic' return to the stage, and has roped in David Blaine for a 'magic and music showpiece'.

"There is nothing more sacred to Michael than his electricity on stage, press reports claimed he will never sing again like he used to, they are in for a shock," a source close to Jackson is quoted as saying, reports influential L.A gossip site Defamer - which picked the story up from London news insider Pop Revenge.

"The attacks have personally hurt him, he has always prided himself on his abilities as a live performer. His response will be dramatic and the answer is going to be onstage, it is something nobody else could create."

The story goes on to reveal that Jackson spoke to Blaine shortly after his disastrous live return last week at the World Music Awards in London.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

December 31, 2009, 05:55:02 PM
I found this article about happened to MJ back in 2006 at the World Music Awards.

Read some of the comments after the article. People said the MJ was fab and there was no booing at MJ.  MJ, I love you more, babe! :D

Fametastic Celebrity News and Gossip
Michael Jackson booed off stage at World Music Awards
Thursday November 16th, 2006 at 5:11 pm by Heather

The organisers of the World Music Awards, which took place in London last night, are reportedly livid that Michael Jackson made £250,000 worth of demands then was booed off stage after only singing four lines.

Michael, who is currently living in Ireland with his children and their nanny Grace Rwaramba, demanded a private jet for himself and 20 first-class plane tickets for his 20-strong entourage, and asked for an 18ft wall to be temporarily erected around his hotel. He also demanded personal hair and make-up artists to preen him backstage before his performance.

Michael was expected to sing ‘Thriller’ with R&B artist Chris Brown at the event but chose to sing ‘We Are The World’ instead. He was joined on stage by a children’s choir who sang most of the song. Michael only sang the chorus of the charity hit before stopping to repeatedly tell the audience: “I love you, I love you.”

An audience member told the Mirror: “This was supposed to be the great return of the King of Pop but it ended up a shambles.”

“He must have performed to bigger crowds than that thousands of times but he seemed overawed and petrified.”

“When he stopped singing no one could understand why. But when he started rambling a lot of people lost their patience with him. That’s when the booing started and got louder and louder until he left the stage.”

It was Michael’s first UK performance in nearly a decade to coincide with him being awarded a Diamond Award at the event for selling more than 100 million albums in his career.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

December 31, 2009, 05:55:15 PM
Maybe this will be his way of BAM .....

first we see David Blaine with a big stunt and he disappears and with a puff of Smoke then...

BAM now our eyes see Michael in his place!!!

We need to investigate what Blaine is working on ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MAKE THAT CHANGE!!

liegi

December 31, 2009, 06:09:20 PM
I looked up the World Music Awards for 2006. They were in London. Michael received an award and sang We are the World with a chorus of children. Apparently people had been led to believe he was going to sing Thriller (Chris Brown did).  It was disorganized. However, he looked great in a Versace suit (wow!!!).  Maybe he was still suffering from the fallout over the trial.  In any case, I think he got it all back with "This Is It".  I really like latter-day Michael Jackson.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Wouldn't this be great ?
I wouldn't be surprised if this is how he comes back though the world has been shifted by Haiti and I'm sure that this has effected Michael greatly. I'm sure he wishes he could do something. Maybe he is, somehow, some way; what do I know ?

NYC...hmmm....that would be BAM.
Michael will always be able to sing. He still sings at least 6 out of the 7 octaves.
His wonderful sense of rhythm & phrasing. He'll always have that. Hey, none of us are getting any younger.
Consider also that most dancers don't have the span of the dance career that Michael
has had. And he writes, & draws, & composes and has 3 beautiful children that he will share more of his creativeness with.
Keep the faith . . . . . . .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We need to give Michael a living legacy of true honor.
"Stand-up, stand-up" to clear his name.
Isn\'t this the least we can do for him ?