posts in order
May 25, 2010, 10:52:37 PM
I've been wondering about this for a while: How come whenever we see our username, it shows how many posts we've done altogether??  "When we my a post, why can't it show the number of the post??" Like if someone makes a post one time, and makes another one, the first post shows: "Number of posts: 1" and the second post shows: "Number of posts: 2"... I just think that this would let the users remember when they did their post more than just the date. ([{I hope this isn't confusing anyone; I tend to do that a lot, but I can't help it.}])
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

Re: posts in order
May 25, 2010, 11:54:38 PM
I sort of think I almost understand what you're asking.  :mrgreen:  But I've never seen a way to list posts that way on any community I've ever belonged to. The system tracks the number of each member's total posts, and that's pretty much it as far as a post count goes. You can, however, click on the View Your Posts link to view posts you've made in various threads.

I do belong to several communities where I can click on a link that shows all my posts, and then when I click on each of my individual posts, it will take me right to that post in its exact location within a thread. I don't have to scroll to find it or anything, it just goes right to it. I like that feature a lot, because it makes it easy to see if anyone has replied to my posts by reading everything right after my post. That feature though is not on every online community (including not on this one). I sure wish it was. It's a handy feature.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

Re: posts in order
May 28, 2010, 04:48:42 AM
When you view your own profile (or anyone else's) in this forum you can click on "Search user’s posts" and it shows all the posts you've made. So I think that's almost the same thing - almost. If I understood right. : D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions