*Mo*

Re: "PRINCE" The Singer....I never knew!!
May 21, 2010, 05:12:39 AM
Quote from: "moonwalkontoes"
When you finish your job you also want to go home and relax, spend time with your family and do the things you like to do in your time off. Why can't an artist do that? Why do fans expect an artist to socialize with them? They don't owe that to their fans, fans just think they owe them that.

They also don't expect diss tracks to be released when they refuse to be ridiculously censored for no reason and with no explanation BY the very artist they supported and spent their hard earned money on.  PRINCE needs to remember no artist is successful without their fans.

YOU need to remember that whatever Prince is releasing in whatever way, it's HIS stuff, and HE can do with it whatever HE wants, without having to explain himself.  He doesn't owe you anything, neither did he force you to buy his records, that was YOUR choice.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 21, 2010, 05:39:19 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"
When you finish your job you also want to go home and relax, spend time with your family and do the things you like to do in your time off. Why can't an artist do that? Why do fans expect an artist to socialize with them? They don't owe that to their fans, fans just think they owe them that.

They also don't expect diss tracks to be released when they refuse to be ridiculously censored for no reason and with no explanation BY the very artist they supported and spent their hard earned money on.  PRINCE needs to remember no artist is successful without their fans.

YOU need to remember that whatever Prince is releasing in whatever way, it's HIS stuff, and HE can do with it whatever HE wants, without having to explain himself.  He doesn't owe you anything, neither did he force you to buy his records, that was YOUR choice.

yup. well said. the artist's job is to produce the art, if he/ she chooses to make a living on that. the artist only depends on the buying power of his fans. if that don't work, he'll have to choose a different way to make a living. other than that, the artists don't owe anything to the fans. like with any other job, when you've finished your hours (=album/ artwork), you're off. 'me-time'! but an entertainer cannot claim that right? prince or any other artist has the right to decide what he/ she is willing to give to the fans apart from that. and obviously, there are still enough ways to sell the product, seems to work out for prince at least. but as in every professional field, there are people in there who have 'funny traits' or a very peculiar way of how to handle things, so does prince. he seems to be doing okay with it and he's still a great musician. and he is not obliged to produce music only his fans like, he has to like it. if you don't like that - don't buy his stuff, don't give your money to an artist who you don't like on another level. period.

:mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

Glinda

May 21, 2010, 06:00:37 AM
[youtube:24yxg608]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvm2zOBMVa4[/youtube:24yxg608]

:shock:  :shock:  prince predicted 911 :shock:  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DiscoTopic starter

May 21, 2010, 08:22:25 AM
Why would Prince (or any other artist) have to socialize with fans..?  Creating music and performing is a profession, it's his work.  If people admire his work they can buy his records and play them.  They can attend gigs and watch him perform.  In my opinion, that is where it should end.  

When you finish your job you also want to go home and relax, spend time with your family and do the things you like to do in your time off.  Why can't an artist do that?  Why do fans expect an artist to socialize with them?  They don't owe that to their fans, fans just think they owe them that.

In my opinion, fans expect too much and claim too much from artists.  Whatever the artist does, it will never be good enough, there will always be complaints.  Put yourself in an artist's position - how would you feel if your "customers" think they have the right to claim you after your job is finished..?

Amen to that Mo, This right that fans think they have over a celeb is beyond sickening!! And has been the downfall of many an artist  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

May 21, 2010, 10:49:25 AM
Quote from: "themjkiss"
Prince's problem is he does not appreciate his fans, ever seen how he snubs them in public? it is unbelievable how he is towards them.

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but just post a message on the Prince forum about Prince's message, and see how his fans respond to you, IF they even GET the CHANCE to respond, because the mods over there are very quick with deleting or locking threads when it comes to spreading Prince's messages.  I don't think that the majority of Prince's fans understand what he's talking and singing about at all, which leads them to ridicule and bash those who do understand.

Mo: I had been a admirer of Prince ever since I had seen the movie Purple Rain, that was many years ago for me..and had been a member of the Prince.org website for years as well, so I know exactly what your are talking about with how the mods there operate, I have experienced it. As far as his message, well perhaps some people do not get it. I do admire Prince for his awareness of social suppressions in it's many forms, and trying to make difference with his music about this very subject. However when it comes to social relations, he has never been to kind to the people who support him his fans or rather fams. That was my point, his response towards his fams, this has been a complaint with many Prince fams for years, I am not the only one to notice. You can disagree if you want, it is your right, but this is true.

Mo: To continue what I was saying, sorry for some reason I was not able to post anymore text in my last response not sure why. I would have liked to see Prince change, become more social with his fams, but it did not happen, he just became for reclusive. I have seen many videos of him arriving at different types of events through the years, you never really see him interact that much with the fams. Then this whole internet thing went down, where he starting suing alot of people. Well I have more than made my point,  I just wanted to vent..

themjkiss, thanks for explaining, I appreciate it.  Let me vent my thoughts as well please...

Why would Prince (or any other artist) have to socialize with fans..?  Creating music and performing is a profession, it's his work.  If people admire his work they can buy his records and play them.  They can attend gigs and watch him perform.  In my opinion, that is where it should end.  

When you finish your job you also want to go home and relax, spend time with your family and do the things you like to do in your time off.  Why can't an artist do that?  Why do fans expect an artist to socialize with them?  They don't owe that to their fans, fans just think they owe them that.

In my opinion, fans expect too much and claim too much from artists.  Whatever the artist does, it will never be good enough, there will always be complaints.  Put yourself in an artist's position - how would you feel if your "customers" think they have the right to claim you after your job is finished..?

MO : I totally agree with U... I have been loving prince and his art for 27 years now - Prince is NOT about fans and all that. He is an artist who creates freely - and that cool. He dont sign autograhp and stuff, since he dont feel that this is important. He even feels that it puts him on a piedestall. where he dont think he belongs... He dont like the whole "fan" thing - I totally understand that.

I am part of the Prince.org website too - and they are totally negative over there -- I got a warning for mention the death hoax of MJ and the connection to Prince/Dick Gregory... Well dont that says alot.

Prince is a pure spirit, intelligent human being and a free artist and a wonderfull musician..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

May 21, 2010, 12:19:38 PM
PRINCE is the bomb. that lil hater don't know anything about Prince. he's probably the 1 artist who is more private than MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 21, 2010, 07:02:24 PM
Prince and MJ were good friends, apparently.  I have heard this somewhere and it was a good source.  Cant remember who from.. but all the stuff about MJ being jealous and competitive over Prince was a joke, and made up.  In fact..  MJ used to encourage it in the media, apparently.

After MJ..  Tatiana even had a brief affair with Prince.  Its in her book.

So the joke that Kenny Ortega made about Michael saying that he couldnt sleep as he was afraid that God would give his ideas to Prince has always intrigued me...

Did Kenny Ortega make it up because he knows the media rumours about MJ and Prince and thought it would be a funny thing to say..  and also because it makes MJ look like an odd ball again??

Did MJ really say that to KO..  and KO just didnt get the joke and genuinely believed MJ thought that about God and Prince??

Or what...   oh heck.. my head is exploding.  There is just something whack about KO saying that quote from MJ about Prince.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

May 21, 2010, 08:46:01 PM
Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
PRINCE is the bomb. that lil hater don't know anything about Prince. he's probably the 1 artist who is more private than MJ

I never said I hated Prince. God bless you  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

May 21, 2010, 11:36:56 PM
Quote from: "this1crazygirl"

I never said I hated Prince. God bless you  :)

I didn't say anyone hated Prince... but saying a person's career bombed is a hateful statement... that's what I was referring to... and God bless you too
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 22, 2010, 12:52:25 AM
I feel I should delve more into Prince music.
Someone who polarizes in this way MUST be cool -no doubt about it.  :D  

Art must be resistance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 22, 2010, 01:31:43 AM
PRINCE IS ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITES. MICHAEL LIKES PRINCE HE GOES TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT YOU DON'T GO SEE SOMEONE YOU DISLIKE IN CONCERT THE MAN ADMIRES PRINCE AND THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MICHAEL. THESE TWO HAVE A DEEP ADMIRATION FOR ONE ANOTHER THAT'S IT. I CAN LISTEN TO MIKE LONGER THAN PRINCE THOUGH AT THE GYM I GO FROM MUSICOLOGY TO LET'S GO BACK TO INVINCIBLE THOSE ARE MY TWO FAVORITE BOYS. ;) PRINCE NOW I THINK HAS TROUBLE EXPRESSING HIS FEELINGS I THINK HE'S BEEN HURT AND FROM WHAT I'VE READ HIS FATHER WAS ABUSIVE TOWARDS HIM AND PLAIN OUT JUST DIDN'T BELIEVE IN HIM DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO TEACH PRINCE TO PLAY THE PIANO. PRINCE WAS A SICKLY CHILD SUFFERING FROM EPILEPSY SO HE HAS THINGS INSIDE OF HIM PAINFUL STUFF LIKE LOSING HIS BABY WITHIN DAYS OF BEING BORN. WE SEE THE ARTISTS WE DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING INSIDE THE PAIN OR WHY THEY'RE LIKE THAT. BOTH PRINCE AND MIKE HAVE STUFF INSIDE OF THEM JUST LIKE WE ALL DO EMOTIONAL LUGGAGE THAT MAKES THEM REACT A CERTAIN WAY, BUT I LOVE HOW THEY HAVE THAT OUTLET OF CREATING BEAUTIFUL ARTISTIC WORK THE SONGS EXPRESS THINGS WE MIGHT EVEN FEEL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 22, 2010, 01:35:12 AM
I like Prince. He is an interesting artist.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

May 22, 2010, 02:54:38 AM
I found this thread very interesting as I personally realy like Prince. He is a mysterious man who is very very intelligent but there are not many who see this. I have liked him and his music for a long time but he is a hard man to understand.

Prince is a man who took a stand regarding his creativity. he had a problem with certain contracts therefore decided to release his music under another persona and only on the internet, therefore lost fans who did not understand his ideals. He sttod up for his ideals and released his music the way and how he wanted to even tho he had to do it under another name but good for him for learning and being able to go against the "system".

He is an incredibly intelligent man therefore very misunderstood as are most genius creative people.

Could you do what he has done? Could you create what he has created? Could you have had the guts to do what he had to do to release his music? Could you have fought against the system as he did? Could you do what he has done? Do you know he has more talent in his little finger than you will ever have?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E - Love Overcomes Virtualy Everything

May 22, 2010, 06:31:25 AM

PHOTOGRAPHS of him RELEASED to the public and used in magazines are not the same as SONGS.  Fans hosting those pictures on their sites is NO REASON for the websites to be shut down.  

Imagine if Michael's estate suddenly told us here that we could no longer EVER post any pictures of Michael whatsoever?  No hoax pictures, no photo shoots, certainly no gold pants photos, and all our hoax videos were removed from youtube.

Would you just sit and take that?  How would this website even run without pictures and videos?

The thing is, Prince is all about not backing down, always doing things your way and having your own power.  Yet HE wants to inflict the same rules and oppression on his fans that HE has been trying to escape his entire career.  

If he didn't want people using his pictures, he should never have done photo-shoots.  Why publicize your career if you DON'T LIKE PUBLICITY?  I have to wonder what the hell he expected - both from becoming famous and from slapping down rules like that on the people who GOT HIM TO WHERE HE IS TODAY.  

Obviously, he expected us to back down and when we didn't, chose to waste his amazing talent on a DISS track against us:

"I hate to let you know but it's on
You might not like the taste
But I’m still gon’ stick your face in this funk (stick yo face in it)
"

:roll:  

We chose to line his pockets since the late 70s and give him the money to own his purple mansion and live the high life and that's what we get back.  Just try to picture Michael treating his fans this way.  

Don't ever wonder why real Prince fans are eternally frustrated with him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

*Mo*

May 22, 2010, 07:09:20 AM
We chose to line his pockets since the late 70s and give him the money to own his purple mansion and live the high life and that's what we get back.

Did Prince tell you or force you to "line his pockets"?  No, it was your choice to buy his albums, like you said.  Just because you buy someone's products doesn't mean you can claim something in return, come on!

What do you expect your local butcher to do for you in return just because you buy your meat there, does the owner of factory that designed and made your car needs to do something in return because you bought that car?  No, of course not, that's absolutely ridiculous you'll most likely say, yet you do expect an artist to do certain things that would please you just because you bought his product.

What you're saying is utterly unreasonable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions