DiscoTopic starter

"PRINCE" The Singer....I never knew!!
May 19, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm impressed, and I do think Michael & Prince have many things in common??  8-)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Its All For L.O.V.E

Re: "PRINCE" The Singer....I never knew!!
May 19, 2010, 10:37:45 PM
Another one of my favorites and yes Michael and Prince got a lot in common. Thanks for sharing it. I am actually seeing Prince vids on YT finally hope they stay on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ejay

May 19, 2010, 11:09:52 PM
:?  chemtrails?? Now THAT'S freaky!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 01:01:31 AM
I had no idea Prince was a very smart man in that way. What i mean is you only get to see the artistic side of entertainers, not the real side of them. You can't tell if they have wonders of the world. But they do, we all do, we are just shielded from seeing that side of artists. I am glad they are starting to open up about important issues. I have been studying chemtrails for quite a while, and i still can't find the difference between that and contrails. Anyway if you're interested in things like that, a good website to check out is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, you can search for Michael Jackson on there too, there is some pretty weird stuff. I advise you not to be vulnerable when going there, if you have your beliefs, keep them tight, and never have fear.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 02:17:16 AM
He is evidently a versatile and deep read man.
And for all I know he´s also a pioneer in revolutionary music marketing concepts on the internet.
I´m quite sure both - Michael and Prince - had a number of conversation topics...  ;)

Should I dare to ask what a "chemtrail" is? I didn´t get a clear translation for this word on dict...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 02:23:03 AM
And for all I know he´s also a pioneer in revolutionary music marketing concepts on the internet.

Not really.  His career has bombed since he began suing everyone who uses his music on the internet.  He even went so far as to write a dis track against his fans for refusing to shut down their websites with pictures of him posted on them.

He used to be unstoppable as an artist but now he's pretty much irrelevant.  He hasn't released a solid record since the mid 90s.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

May 20, 2010, 02:54:18 AM
Quote from: "moonwalkontoes"

Not really.  His career has bombed since he began suing everyone who uses his music on the internet.  He even went so far as to write a dis track against his fans for refusing to shut down their websites with pictures of him posted on them.

He used to be unstoppable as an artist but now he's pretty much irrelevant.  He hasn't released a solid record since the mid 90s.

That might partially be true. But nevertheless, he´s sovereign and independent as an artist. That´s not to be taken for granted.
And he knew how to take advantage of the internet at a time, when major labels only complained about declining sales.
By the way, I can´t blame him for defending his intellectual property.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

May 20, 2010, 03:08:46 AM

Please, get your facts straight before making statements.

Prince albums released since the mid 90s:

• The Gold Experience (1995)
  • Chaos and Disorder (1996)
  • Emancipation (1996)
  • Crystal Ball (1998)
  • Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic (1999)
  • The Rainbow Children (2001)
  • One Nite Alone... (2002)
  • Xpectation (2003)
  • N.E.W.S (2003)
  • Musicology (2004)
  • The Chocolate Invasion (2004)
  • The Slaughterhouse (2004)
  • 3121 (2006)
  • Planet Earth (2007)
  • LOtUSFLOW3R (2009)
[/b]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

themjkiss

May 20, 2010, 03:49:09 AM
I used to think Prince was pretty cool, until his he started to get upset about his videos and images of himself on the net. Then he started to get upset with the fans over it, he should be grateful the fans want to see him, but instead he got mad, started to get legal teams together to troll the internet, for the purpose of taking down his videos,music, images... Not sure how sucessful he was, because when it started I stopped bothering with him altogether. Prince's problem is he does not appreciate his fans, ever seen how he snubs them in public? it is unbelievable how he is towards them. But on the other hand I do think he had a point about all the Chem trails, I believe that this conspiracy is true...

So glad Michael respects and appreciates his fans, he makes me feel good to know him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

May 20, 2010, 04:16:53 AM
Quote from: "themjkiss"
Prince's problem is he does not appreciate his fans, ever seen how he snubs them in public? it is unbelievable how he is towards them.

I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but just post a message on the Prince forum about Prince's message, and see how his fans respond to you, IF they even GET the CHANCE to respond, because the mods over there are very quick with deleting or locking threads when it comes to spreading Prince's messages.  I don't think that the majority of Prince's fans understand what he's talking and singing about at all, which leads them to ridicule and bash those who do understand.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 05:01:04 AM
Another Prince - thread...  :) We've discussed him so many times already but I really don't mind  ;) . I have nothing but love for him and he should be recognised for all that he has done for music. I'm sure he inspired Michael as well, so the man must be something special. I wish the would've done that Bad duet togther *sigh*. I would probably have fainted from all that hotness if they'd done a video together  :lol: .

'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 05:39:39 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"

• Emancipation (1996)
  • Crystal Ball (1998)
  • Xpectation (2003)
  • N.E.W.S (2003)
  • Musicology (2004)
  • 3121 (2006)
  • Planet Earth (2007)
  • LOtUSFLOW3R (2009)
[/b]

:roll: I said a SOLID album, meaning a good quality one.  

The Gold Experience was the last one to get all around critical and public acclaim.  That was also the last album to give him a #1 hit around the world.

Musicology got some attention because of his performance @ the Grammys with Beyonce.  3121 was mildly popular because he was still okay with promoting his work.

The rest only hardcore fans would know and only a few of these albums were widely released.

That might partially be true. But nevertheless, he´s sovereign and independent as an artist. That´s not to be taken for granted.
And he knew how to take advantage of the internet at a time, when major labels only complained about declining sales.
By the way, I can´t blame him for defending his intellectual property.

He's never "taken advantage" of the internet, he simply went censorship crazy thinking that people watching his videos on youtube is the same as stealing his songs.  He's independent, sure, but his career has suffered greatly because of that.  He really didn't seem to have much of a plan after "isolate myself from everyone, ignore fans, abandon ship".  

You do know he sued a mother for posting a video on youtube of her baby while one of his songs played on the radio in the background?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

*Mo*

May 20, 2010, 07:52:25 AM
Quote from: "*Mo*"

• Emancipation (1996)
  • Crystal Ball (1998)
  • Xpectation (2003)
  • N.E.W.S (2003)
  • Musicology (2004)
  • 3121 (2006)
  • Planet Earth (2007)
  • LOtUSFLOW3R (2009)
[/b]

:roll: I said a SOLID album, meaning a good quality one.  

The Gold Experience was the last one to get all around critical and public acclaim.  That was also the last album to give him a #1 hit around the world.

Musicology got some attention because of his performance @ the Grammys with Beyonce.  3121 was mildly popular because he was still okay with promoting his work.

The rest only hardcore fans would know and only a few of these albums were widely released.

So, a solid album, a good quality one, to you is an album from which #1 hits come, and receives good critiques..?  Then my taste of music must be really bad, because some of my favorite albums are not even known by a wide audience or only produced moderate hits.  Strangely enough, these very same albums are known and highly appreciated by musicians.  Makes you go mmmmmmmmm...

Hits nowadays are mainly based on airplay and downloads instead of record sales.  Critiques can make of break albums.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 08:21:07 AM

I totally disagree: listen to musicology (best selling tour in US in 2004) listen to 3121, planet Earth and his latest double album; lotusflow3 and Minneapolis, very versataile and good things on there - last but not least; GO SEE HIM LIVE ... he is an amazing artist...

Its correct that he is very strict on content on the internet etc. and a lot of his fans hate that...

Anyway - Prince to what he think is right - I get his point..

Only thing is that I miss live dvds from Prince - but he dont believe in that concept - He feels that concert are "in the moment" kind of thing.

I have deep respect for Prince, and have had this since 1982. Im sure he and MJ were good partners/friends - dont believe everything u read in the news....

Dick Gregory is a very clear conncetion between Prince and MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 20, 2010, 08:24:48 AM
Quote from: "themjkiss"
I used to think Prince was pretty cool, until his he started to get upset about his videos and images of himself on the net. Then he started to get upset with the fans over it, he should be grateful the fans want to see him, but instead he got mad, started to get legal teams together to troll the internet, for the purpose of taking down his videos,music, images... Not sure how sucessful he was, because when it started I stopped bothering with him altogether. Prince's problem is he does not appreciate his fans, ever seen how he snubs them in public? it is unbelievable how he is towards them. But on the other hand I do think he had a point about all the Chem trails, I believe that this conspiracy is true...

So glad Michael respects and appreciates his fans, he makes me feel good to know him.

Prince never liked the concept: fans... fans as in fanatic... he prefered the word fams as in family...

I think that he has a point; he never believed in making musicians/singers God like. As he says; there is only ONE GOD...

Love is God
God is Love.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions