I was just thinking this to myself today.  Okay if MJ really passed why would the Jackson brothers still want to be called the Jackson five?  When Jermaine left the group and Randy joined they were called The Jacksons.  I thought they gave up the right to use Jackson Five in order to be released from Motown to join Epic records.  So since Randy is still around wouldn't that be more logical if they plan to make a new album and tour if MJ really passed?  Then if they called themselves the Jacksons they could add any of the Jackson family memebers but Jackson Five can't be changed.  Jackson five will always be Michael, Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie, and Tito.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I've been always wondering about that...  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Actually, I've always thought about that, but I never cared about it; I think that's just a dead give away that proves MJ is alive. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

suspicious mind

so what is the status of motown in their 50th anniversary year? i have been wondering about this.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

what strikes me more here is the fact that motown owned the name 'jackson 5' back then (like a trademark) and if i understood that right, they had to change the name to 'the jacksons' for copyright reasons. i don't quite get how they can use that name when motown should still have that copyright (lasts 70 years?), unless that ran out cuz it was an old contract and the duration of copyrights was changed after that.

@reasonables: 'dead' giveaway... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: brilliant!

:mrgreen:
Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:50:35 PM by tabloidburn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

Tina K.

I think it's because, the brothers think they will sell more if it's " The jackson five ", cause when people hear that, they think Michael= more money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Michael I love you allways.

The Jacksons were less popular and less successful than the Jackson 5. The only wrench in this is how Motown is allowing them to make references to the name that the label owns. Unless...the new spelling Jack5ons is the loop hole to avoid a legal battle. Motown may be remaining silent because a lawsuit would show them in a negative light since the world thinks that MJ is dead and legal action would be in poor taste.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Tina K."
I think it's because, the brothers think they will sell more if it's " The jackson five ", cause when people hear that, they think Michael= more money.

that's what I think too :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love you Michael...as much as you love super soaker fights!!! xD

CC

Quote from: "tabloidburn"
what strikes me more here is the fact that motown owned the name 'jackson 5' back then (like a trademark) and if i understood that right, they had to change the name to 'the jacksons' for copyright reasons. i don't quite get how thex can use that name when motown should still have that copyright (lasts 70 years?), unless that ran out cuz it was an old contract and the duration of copyrights was changed after that.

@reasonables: 'dead' giveaway... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: brilliant!

:mrgreen:

MAYBE THEY HAVE THE NEW CONTRACT WITH MOTOWN... WHAT ABOUT THE NEW COMPANY OF JOE JACKSON AND MOTOWN? ANY CONECTION? :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

suspicious mind

it is now universal motown something like that.i think the universal part being some type of investment group.apparently barry gordy wasn't very involved in the 50th anniversary activities.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

steph

With all this talk of motown  and records has anyone herd about joe`s ranch records deal?
just curious that`s all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Motown is part of Universal but still is viewed as Motown because of the historic success of the label. I find it interesting that Motown marked several anniversaries with lavish tv specials and highly publicized celebration. However, a big anniversary such as their 50th was brushed over and with little fanfare. Even if Berry wasn't involved, I would have expected the label to mark such an important anniversary. Fans would have enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing so many singers and groups reunite as well. The same holds true for the Jackson 5's 40th anniversary in the business. Last year should have been one big party to commemorate both anniversaries. Odd...

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
it is now universal motown something like that.i think the universal part being some type of investment group.apparently barry gordy wasn't very involved in the 50th anniversary activities.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

REALLY? UNIVERSAL??
 :shock:
LA TOYA
JANET
PAULL ANKA
ORIANTHI
ALL WITH UNIVERSAL... :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

suspicious mind

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
Motown is part of Universal but still is viewed as Motown because of the historic success of the label. I find it interesting that Motown marked several anniversaries with lavish tv specials and highly publicized celebration. However, a big anniversary such as their 50th was brushed over and with little fanfare. Even if Berry wasn't involved, I would have expected the label to mark such an important anniversary. Fans would have enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing so many singers and groups reunite as well. The same holds true for the Jackson 5's 40th anniversary in the business. Last year should have been one big party to commemorate both anniversaries. Odd...

so you guys haven't heard of anything either. i got intrigued by this over the weekend when at an amusement park near by. they have shows there and the them for one is motown 50th anniversary and i had thought it was strange that was the first i'd heard anything about such a big anniversary.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Motown has/or had the rights to use "The Jackson Five" AND "The Jackson 5" so when they left Motown they had to change to "The Jacksons". The only way I can imagine them getting around it is, as mentioned earlier, they use the "Jack5ons" spelling or, also mentioned, the contract ran out.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions