Quote from: "Good Lets Dance"
Jeez, can I trust the LAPD to arrest those responsible for MJ's death after finding out they attempt to use this arcane law on him for "consorting with white women"?(Source is from "Media Coverage & Censorship" at MJFiles.com) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Another relevant article of Charles Thomson:

«FBI File Reveals Attempt to Convict Jackson with Racist Law
Documents contained in Michael Jackson's FBI file show that the LAPD tried to prosecute the star under the same legislation used in the past to smear black luminaries such as Jack Johnson and Chuck Berry.

Records show that the LAPD contacted the FBI on 7th September 1993 to ask whether the bureau would assist in the prosecution of Michael Jackson under the Mann Act.»

«The Mann Act, also known as the 'White Slavery Act', was introduced in 1910. Allowing officers to make arrests on the vague premise of 'immoral behaviour', the law was frequently used to smear black men, particularly those who consorted with white women.»

(...)

Read more...do ut des

Could you please tell what part of mjjfiles you found this in? I can't seem to find it.

Chuck Berry was sentenced to five years in prison. It ruined him. I didn't know about CC. I will have to read up on that.  :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

L.O.V.E. to all
Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:45:28 PM by truthseeker
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Law of Power #37: Create Compelling Spectacles? Done.

Quote from: "AvaMarie"
I would hope in this day in age something like this doesn't go on anywhere.

But it does. Mixed couples where I live get denied housing, car loans, jobs, etc. I have personal experience.  :x
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "truthseeker"

But it does. Mixed couples where I live get denied housing, car loans, jobs, etc. I have personal experience.  :x

What the hells bells??  Where do you live??  Thats terrible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

What the hells bells??  Where do you live??  Thats terrible.

Ala-effing-bama, in the good 'ol USA.  :lol:

(partial)

In 1967, 17 Southern states (all the former slave states plus Oklahoma) still enforced laws prohibiting marriage between whites and people of color. Maryland repealed its law in response to the start of the proceedings at the Supreme Court. After the ruling of the Supreme Court, the remaining laws were no longer in effect. Nonetheless, it took South Carolina until 1998 and Alabama until 2000 to officially amend their states' constitutions to remove language prohibiting miscegenation. In the respective referendums, 62% of voters in South Carolina and 59% of voters in Alabama voted to remove these laws.[23]
In 2009, Keith Bardwell, a justice of the peace in Robert, Louisiana, refused to officiate a civil wedding for an interracial couple. A nearby justice of the peace, on Bardwell's referral, officiated the wedding; the interracial couple sued Keith Bardwell and his wife Beth Bardwell in federal court.[24] See refusal of interracial marriage in Louisiana.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Good Lets Dance

Quote from: "Good Lets Dance"
Jeez, can I trust the LAPD to arrest those responsible for MJ's death after finding out they attempt to use this arcane law on him for "consorting with white women"?(Source is from "Media Coverage & Censorship" at MJFiles.com) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Another relevant article of Charles Thomson:

«FBI File Reveals Attempt to Convict Jackson with Racist Law
Documents contained in Michael Jackson's FBI file show that the LAPD tried to prosecute the star under the same legislation used in the past to smear black luminaries such as Jack Johnson and Chuck Berry.

Records show that the LAPD contacted the FBI on 7th September 1993 to ask whether the bureau would assist in the prosecution of Michael Jackson under the Mann Act.»

«The Mann Act, also known as the 'White Slavery Act', was introduced in 1910. Allowing officers to make arrests on the vague premise of 'immoral behaviour', the law was frequently used to smear black men, particularly those who consorted with white women.»

(...)

Read more...do ut des

Could you please tell what part of mjjfiles you found this in? I can't seem to find it.

Chuck Berry was sentenced to five years in prison. It ruined him. I didn't know about CC. I will have to read up on that.  :)

L.O.V.E. to all

To Truthseeker:

On Home Page of MJFiles.com in the upper right hand corner is a circle you "Click" for the forum. Then scroll down to the heading "REALITY", then scroll down to "MEDIA COVERAGE & CENSORSHIP", then scroll down til you see a Heading of "FBI File Reveals Attempt to Convict Jackson With Racist Law".

(I know it's kind of hard to find stuff on there and there isn't a Direct LInk to each post. An example is there is tons of stuff on T. Mattola but He is NOT listed under "People". you have to look in the part about the "Private Investigator Speaks Out" to find it.

Oh, and thanks for the Chuck Berry Link :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@Good Lets Dance Thank you for those directions to that post. It is a little hard to navigate that site. But good info there!

And you're welcome for the link!  :)

L.O.V.E. to all
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

clea

:o  :o  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions