Hey, all. I just finished reading "Moonwalk", which was absolutely a great, sweet, book, but now I can't help but wonder: would having Dissociative Identity Disorder (induced by MK-Ultra) affect the way Michael wrote this book at all? I mean, DID is all about fractured memories (and the book is a "memoir!") and alternate personalities (alters). Is it possible that he wrote it ONLY in the state of mind of his true self, or that a few alters wrote some parts..? I wonder, are his memories even totally accurate?

He came across as very mature, very intelligent and very, of course, lovable. When I read the co-author's afterword, she says "I hope you feel like you know the real Michael Jackson better now", and I feel like I do, but I couldn't help but wonder about this..
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Anythings possible...

I especially liked the part in the book where he said that someday he wanted to do something that would change the world.... :)

I think THIS IS IT!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe. It really depends on the fact if Michael really had DID/MPD. We can't really be sure of that. The thing that makes me kind of doubt that is the fact that Michael would speak publically about his abusive childhood on more than one occasion. DID/MPD is kind of like a "defense mechanism". From experiencing trauma in childhood a person develops "more personalities" in order to dissociate oneself from the traumatic experience (thereby the name of the condition). To me it would therefore seem weird that Michael would talk about his traumatic experiences so openly... Of course, I could be wrong but thought I'd share my views  ;) .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions