I believe that some people may indeed have seen it before. However, where do you live? I ask because American tv censors prevented us from seeing the footage in it's entirety when it took place in 1984. The raw images of his burning scalp would not have been so easily shown on American tv where children could catch a glimpse.  Today..no problem but back then...problem.

Quote from: "Java"
I have said a million times I have seen that footage and I'm not talking about for the first time last year.  I'm not sure if I saw the front or back view but I know I saw it and it wasn't all that long after the accident.Doesn't anyone beside me remember that?  The point is I can't figure out why they keep saying it just came out last year?  I saw it.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have said a million times I have seen that footage and I'm not talking about for the first time last year.  I'm not sure if I saw the front or back view but I know I saw it and it wasn't all that long after the accident.Doesn't anyone beside me remember that?  The point is I can't figure out why they keep saying it just came out last year?  I saw it.

Yeah, I remember seeing the footage also, right after the accident (if it really was).  But it was a front view and wasn't that long.  It did not show the back and how he went into a tail spin to put it out.  At least not up close like this is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Java

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
I believe that some people may indeed have seen it before. However, where do you live? I ask because American tv censors prevented us from seeing the footage in it's entirety when it took place in 1984. The raw images of his burning scalp would not have been so easily shown on American tv where children could catch a glimpse.  Today..no problem but back then...problem.

I live in the U.S.  Jeepers, a little melodramitic today?  "Raw Images of burning scalp." :roll: Please.
I edited this to add - You make it sound like something straight out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" :roll:
Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:55:55 PM by Java
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Java

Quote from: "MeandMyShadow"

Yeah, I remember seeing the footage also, right after the accident (if it really was).  But it was a front view and wasn't that long.  It did not show the back and how he went into a tail spin to put it out.  At least not up close like this is.

Thank you.  I knew I wasn't losing my bleeping mind.  Thank you.  Thank you.  You're the first I've run across.  I have always said it was the front view too but when I wrote this last night I thought - well maybe I don't remember corrrectly.  So that's great.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982

Yes they showed a little part of it, but not the entire thing. That came out last year.

Michael owned it, and at first he wanted to show it to the world, to let them see what Pepsi 'did to him'.
But then he decided to keep it silent, so no trial and Pepsi paid him.
After that he didn't want anyone to see it, the real full footage.
I can't imagine that the family (if he really died) ignored his wish and that they have made it public. Not even for money.
So the only conclusion for me is that Michael did it himself, to make the world aware of how he suffered.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

Quote from: "MJJ1982"
Yes they showed a little part of it, but not the entire thing. That came out last year.

Michael owned it, and at first he wanted to show it to the world, to let them see what Pepsi 'did to him'.
But then he decided to keep it silent, so no trial and Pepsi paid him.
After that he didn't want anyone to see it, the real full footage.
I can't imagine that the family (if he really died) ignored his wish and that they have made it public. Not even for money.
So the only conclusion for me is that Michael did it himself, to make the world aware of how he suffered.

I agree with you 100 percent.  That is what helps me when I get feeling down about whether or not he is alive.  It does not make sense for the family to leak this footage for money.  For one, how would they have gotten ahold of it?  Would he have let them know where he kept it?  Or, could the estate have found it some how and leaked it?  Again, what would be the purpose?  The only one who stands to gain would be MJ himself for the reason you stated above  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This brings up something else.  Which might need to be put on another thread but it came to me in regards to releasing things like this commercial.

Remember the photos of his leg that looked like it was eaten away with acid or something?  The *media* was trying to emply that it was due to having an I.V. stuck in his leg.  But as I recall, it had to do with that spider bite he got.  They were trying to suggest that it was not a bite.  But I've looked at several different pictures of people who have gotten a spider bite and they looked very similar to his leg.  

I am referring to the pictures that were shown on the 20/20 episode that Joseph was on.  Way back when this all first happened.  They talked about the vitiligo and showed pictures of his leg or foot to show the difference in skin color.  It was then, that I believe Nancy Grace or some twit like that, that was saying it could have been from an I.V.  I don't mean Nancy Grace herself ssaid it, but somebody on her show.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

I was thinking about this thread today for some strange reason and the following came to mind:
9284 equals 11 + 12 = 23 = 5
5 + 5 = 10 = 1
Does this make sense to anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm melodramatic everyday. It comes with the territory in my line of work :lol:

Which media outlet did you see the footage in it's entirety in 1984? I' know people who work for the big three networks and I'd like to do some research on something related to the footage.  

I live in the U.S.  Jeepers, a little melodramitic today?  "Raw Images of burning scalp." :roll: Please.
I edited this to add - You make it sound like something straight out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yes, I remember seeing the footage back when this all happened.  I also remember people saying what was the big deal ?   Myself included thought the same and that he didn't get badly injured.  And then jokes about his hair catching fire resulted.   But of course no one saw the whole thing and unfortunately we only believed and judged the situation by only what the news/media reported. So again, another lesson we have learned that needs no explaining.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

Elsa

There must be an important connection between the Pepsi commercial accident and the hoax.  

Perhaps the video was released to show the seriousness of what happened so people would later question why the Autopsy report shows no sign of the injury.

Quote from: "rasyte"
watch this video...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think everything have a reason.. :lol:

As shown in the video posted by rasyte, the ‘life’ of Michael Jackson is now divided in two.

I used this calculator, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  to find the time between dates. This should be inclusive of the start and end date.  

29 August 1958 to 27 January 1984
is 9283 days or 25 years, 4 months and 30 days

27 January 1984 to 25 June 2009
is 9282 days but also 25 years, 4 months and 30 days

Why is this event so important?
Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 02:16:23 PM by Elsa
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Java

Which media outlet did you see the footage in it's entirety in 1984? I' know people who work for the big three networks and I'd like to do some research on something related to the footage.  

@GirlSaturday - Gosh, I don't know now what network it was.  That was 26 years ago.  I've never been much of a T.V. watcher.  It was probably the front view like the other person said they saw too.  I don't think I'll ever have recall on which network it was but if I had to guess, I'd say NBC.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for the reply. The reason that I questioned whether it was shown is because American tv censors are pretty strict. It's very DrJekyll and Mr Hyde here regarding what can be shown vs what cannot and that was especially true several decades ago. I still laugh at sitcoms from the early 60s that refused to show a married couple (with children) sleeping in the same bed. They always showed them sleeping in twin beds in their bedroom. Duh...how did they manage to have those kids?

@GirlSaturday - Gosh, I don't know now what network it was.  That was 26 years ago.  I've never been much of a T.V. watcher.  It was probably the front view like the other person said they saw too.  I don't think I'll ever have recall on which network it was but if I had to guess, I'd say NBC.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Java

Thanks for the reply. The reason that I questioned whether it was shown is because American tv censors are pretty strict. It's very DrJekyll and Mr Hyde here regarding what can be shown vs what cannot and that was especially true several decades ago. I still laugh at sitcoms from the early 60s that refused to show a married couple (with children) sleeping in the same bed. They always showed them sleeping in twin beds in their bedroom. Duh...how did they manage to have those kids?

It was shown.  I didn't imagine it.  When that came out last year and they were saying it had just been released, I was ....huh?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions