ElsaTopic starter

Big Girls Don't Cry...
May 09, 2010, 01:06:31 PM
Big Girls Don’t Cry....

I remember when I first saw Big Girls Don’t Cry, the host of an Australian TV show said that there was a lot of talk about the references in it to Michael Jackson.  He shrugged like, ‘We don’t know what it means– don’t ask us’.  

So what does it mean?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(If you’re looking for 777 it’s on the shirtless guy who is leaning on the car, shuffling cards)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Re: Big Girls Don't Cry...
May 09, 2010, 08:49:57 PM
Thanks for drawing my attention to this song. There is absolutely some relative stuff amongst this. For a start, her whole outfit and demeanor with the red shirt, braces and hat just has an 80's MJ feel. Lots of key words. Miss you like a child misses their blanket? I'm sure I heard the word Jackson  in there too.  I got to be movin on. For me this deserves a closer look.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 10, 2010, 04:09:30 AM
Quote from: "RK"
Thanks for drawing my attention to this song. There is absolutely some relative stuff amongst this. For a start, her whole outfit and demeanor with the red shirt, braces and hat just has an 80's MJ feel. Lots of key words. Miss you like a child misses their blanket? I'm sure I heard the word Jackson  in there too.  I got to be movin on. For me this deserves a closer look.

She says "We'll play Jacks & Uno cards" but the way she sings it, she says Jacks but when she says the AND part, the ways she sings it, she sounds like she's saying "Jacks-N" & she kind of holds it long, so there's an emphasis on it. & the ways she sings "Blanket" too puts an emphasis on it. Hmm, could be MJ related but also could be coincidence since blanket is a common word & Jacks is a childhood game.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ElsaTopic starter

May 10, 2010, 08:08:16 AM
I don't think the 777 on the body of the shirtless guy, shuffling cards, is a coincidence.  

There are MJ fingerprints all over this - in everything you see and hear.  Question is, why?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 12, 2010, 12:52:44 PM
When I heard the song in 2007 I caught those two as well and imagined MJ singing the song, well when I sang along to it I found myself singing it mj style.  Maybe that's how Fergie got involved with Thriller 25.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions