Michael Jackson's Portrait gets no bidders
May 08, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
I just hate how they keep grinding the axe with this article...GRRRR!!!!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

~Souza~

Michael Jackson’s Portrait Finds No Bidders: Controversies Surrounding Pop Star’s Personal Life Impacting His Future Legacy?

It is reported that an online auction of a portrait of Michael Jackson failed to attract any bidders.  The portrait will remain with its owner.  Michael was persuaded to pose himself with the Australian painter/sculptor Brett-Livingstone Strong in 1990.  It is understood that this is the only Jackson’s ever sitting for an artist.

The fact that Michael Jackson’s portrait has failed to attract bidders may be because of increased reporting against his controversial personal life by some sections of media.  Michael’s sexual orientation has been under question for a long period of time.  The question whether king of pop Michael Jackson was a gay has intrigued many of his fans.

Recently, new revelations about Michael’s sexual status have moved the world of entertainment.  Jason Pfeiffer, the assistant of Jackson’s dermatologist Dr Arnold Klein, has said that he had a gay liaison with the pop icon.   This sensational disclosure took place in the US sitcom “Extra”.  This is confirmed by the Old Friends.

As a result, despite the huge support that Michael still enjoys from music lovers, he has been reduced from the position of idol in many ways.  However, experts say that fears of further economic slowdown may well be the cause of reduced interest on this bidding.  Yesterday, we have seen Dow Jones and other economic indices collapsing in early hours of trade.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ive heard Thome is the true seller of this portrait.  Ive seen a photo of Thome with this portrait.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lisap27

oh for gods sake!! pffffff

its gettin stupid now..  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jude

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Ive heard Thome is the true seller of this portrait.  Ive seen a photo of Thome with this portrait.

Thome has a mugg only a mother could love  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get it togetha\', or leave it alone!

Quote from: "Jude"

Yes.. but why is he with the portrait??

Anyone know where that photo came from and when it was taken?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The reason it wasnt sold was cause the price was too high for any of his harcore fans... e.g. us.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

- I never can say goodbye

Maybe some of us that could afford something like that is just a little tired of seeing people take advantage of Michael's name for the sake of making money. Enough - these people who are blessed enough to have this memorabilia should keep it and treasure it. It has nothing to do with Michael's popularity and the recent hoopla in the media has nothing to do with the lack of buyers. It's all rubbish...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Maybe some of us that could afford something like that is just a little tired of seeing people take advantage of Michael's name for the sake of making money. Enough - these people who are blessed enough to have this memorabilia should keep it and treasure it. It has nothing to do with Michael's popularity and the recent hoopla in the media has nothing to do with the lack of buyers. It's all rubbish...

well said.

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Call the man
Who deals in love beyond repair
He can heal the world
Of hearts in need of care
Shine a light ahead
When the next step is unclear
Call the man
He\'s needed here"

- I never can say goodbye

No one can answer the question on why Thome is posing with the portrait.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

No, I question this the FIRST time the portrait post came
up.  WHY is Tohme there?
He make me sick and my heart rate increase when I see him!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Jude"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Forever Michael

MJonmind

And weren't they trying to sell the needle that gave MJ the fatal injection for like a million. I wonder if they had any takers. So ridiculous. I think it's all tabloid junk meant to devalue MJ. I remember him saying how after each of his albums came and out and did super well, the media would say they sold poorly, just to degrade him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Now will it go back to the luxury car trader in Harlem, where it was in the first place some months ago?

Secretly I hoped to see it on my visit in New York when I read that it´s on exhibit there.
But knowing myself, I fear I´d leave the dealer with a brand new car and without my annual salary - deposit!
I love cars...  :oops: :lol:

Same goes for the painting - the price is justifiably high. That cuts down the circle of interested parties on those who can afford.
And perhaps in upper-class circles, people favor to get portrayed themselves?... - idk, just thinking aloud here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

First off, it really sickens me to see Thome posing with the portrait. I've never hated anyone, but I definitely HATE him! Second, I think the price is too high, indeed & that this article is bs to make MJ look bad. Third, I find it disgusting & ridiculous that someone's sexual orientation can affect the sale of their portrait. WTF?! I don't think he's gay but even if he is he's a GREAT entertainer, humanitarian, the KING OF POP! It's very valuable, a treasure to have. & that fact that just because someone looking to get paid, came out & made stuff up about him in an interview with Extra, saying he's gay that, that would really cause no one to bid on this portrait? Some of the greatest artists, actors, actresses, poets, composers, musicians, etc in the world have been gay! & their stuff still sells. I'm pretty sure MJ's would too, if not that pisses me off & hurts my heart! How could you just completely discredit him over a damn rumor about being gay? Like if he was gay, he can't be the greatest entertainer that ever lived? A good person? The most caring, selfless & giving celebrity ever? A great dancer? An Idol? The King Of Pop? 40+ years in the business, tons of awards, 39 charities, global fanbase, impeccable dance skills, beautiful voice, Guinness records, he's an Icon...Greedy people accuse him of disgusting things in which he is acquitted, obviously innocent and people forget all of that & turn him into a joke. A joke he can't live down for decades. He finally is getting respect he deserves after his "death". & now one greedy person makes up some story about him being gay although he's had, marriages, girlfriends, said himself adamantly that he is NOT gay, now all of that is being forgotten again?! F*** the American media & the people who write this bullshit! I hate them. I'm American & stuff like this is what makes me embarrassed to admit that. Ugh!

Sorry for the vent, I'm  just tired of all the discrediting being done to MJ, all over again. He has kids & if he is gone, let him be remembered for what he should be remembered for. The stuff that's actually true & that matters - his music & his legacy. Rumors & accusations should be forgotten when someone passes away, but here it's like that's all that's remembered.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions