lilith

Since this here is a hoax forum, I would like to understand one other thing:

what would happen (with those contracts) if Michael reappeared? This whole situation with Michael out-thinking Sony, does it work if he ever comes back? Or is this the point where we have to understand that he might be still alive, but that he will never come back in person?

I'm happy that there is the possibility for a load of new material - but it would mean a huge sacrifice then ...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BTW, what about Joe`s new recordlabel he was talking about during an interview after MJs death?

Could it have something to do with this new album being released?

Lilith, I don`t see a problem for MJ returning under these circumstances!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

UPDATE

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New Michael Jackson Album May Pose Legal Problems

By: Roger Friedman in Music // May 3rd, 2010

The newly discovered Michael Jackson album I told you about –exclusively–yesterday may pose some legal problems.

The album was recorded by Michael in the fall of 2007 ...with Eddie Cascio at his home in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey. No one knew about it until earlier this year. Cascio, 28, is the second oldest son of longtime Jackson friends Dominick and Connie Cascio, Michael’s surrogate family.

Yesterday I wondered in this space if Michael’s recordings with Cascio would be covered by his estate’s recent $200 million deal with Sony. I thought maybe not, since no one knew about the tracks at the time of the deal.

But things could get sticky between the Jackson estate and Cascio. I am told that Cascio has engaged a top music entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles, Don Passman. And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means. There’s no word on whether Jackson–who used to put his “M” signature on anything in front of him–signed a piece of paper with Cascio.

There will be some tough questioning by the estate over who wrote the songs Cascio recorded, and whether Michael was their author or co-author. I’m told that may be “covered” as well by copyright registrations.

Indeed, two days after Jackson died–on June 27, 2009–Cascio filed a copyright claim along with Michael Jackson and another songwriter for something called “MJ Songbook.” The filing is just for lyrics. An earlier filing. from March 2008, is labeled “JPEC Collection.” The song titles in each collection are not specified in the Library of Congress’s database, but it’s possible that Cascio updated his 2008 filing after Jackson died to reflect the superstar’s contribution to material Cascio had already written–and wisely registered.

What everyone who’s heard the tracks agrees on is that Michael Jackson’s vocals sound great. At the time, Jackson was getting good sleep, and lots of Italian homecooking from the Cascios, who are restaurant owners. It was probably the best time Jackson had had since his November 2003 arrest.

Meanwhile, executor John McClain–who’s had health problems– is going through some 60 other unreleased tracks, selecting what he thinks are the best ones for a Jackson album to be released this fall by Sony.

McClain is not considered a Clive Davis, really, in the business. But he helped Janet Jackson, whom he grew up with, start her career at A&M Records. And he briefly co-managed Michael in the early Nineties with Trudy Green. McClain, unlike Jackson intimates Frank DiLeo and John Branca, has so far not heard the Cascio tapes, I am told.

“He’s resisting it,” says a source, while he’s busy sorting through those 60 tracks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means

This is THE sentence that says it all, don`t you think so, too?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CC

Quote from: "raphaelleanique"
And sources do say that Cascio is “covered,” whatever that means

This is THE sentence that says it all, don`t you think so, too?

YOU ARE RIGHT!
THAT IS THE SENTENCE!!!
THIS IS MORE INTERESTING DAY BY DAY...
MAYBE THE NEW ALBUMS COME TOGETHER! ONE FOR SONY  AND ONE FOR OTHER COMPANY.... :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Some men see things as they are and say: WHY?
I dream things that never were and say: WHY NOT?

Is it possible that WE KNOW that Michael is alive and SONY DOESN'T????
 :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

@dancingthedream

very interesting find. pretty much sums up what i've been thinking. mike has found the legal loopholes to sign over the material to cascio. 'covered' means exactly that. he got a perfect legal blanket from michael...

and sony is biting their nails for exactly this reason: nobody is gonna buy their stuff when this new and exciting material comes along!!! bvaaaaahahahaaaaaahhhh...!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: as far as as i'm concerned, all the stuff sony can lay their hands on cannot be too recent. and mike was traveling around a lot between 2001 (last sony album with new songs) and 2008, working his gorgeous a$$ off writing and recording. my take: he was smart enough to leave that material to trusted people where he recorded it. who says he took any of that with him? who says he doesn't have safes around the world stuffed with music, just waiting to be pulled out? what the estate and sony have is hard drives from his house and old material they can choose from. no wonder mcclain is sweating now, tryin' to comb thru the material... :twisted:
way to go, mike!!!  :mrgreen:

if this is part of the whole plan, i'm even thinking he left some 'inconspicuous' stuff for sony and them and the real bombs are just about to drop on us! why else would the estate and sony be so edgy about it? plus: mike has no more conrtract with sony, the estate does. mike is a free agent, just like he said. even if he shows up again, the estate can still be the administrator for his heritage until his 'death'. that is the purpose of the estate by contract and all sony can lay their hands on. period. just another legal loophole here... :mrgreen:
they know only too well that sh!t is gonna be kickin' anything off the shelves they come up with! the best is yet to come!

I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THE LABEL!!!

:mrgreen:
Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:34:32 PM by tabloidburn
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

paula-c

:mrgreen:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What if this is part of the trap Michael has set for Sony, Branco,AEG et al? Kind of the snake and mouse thing. Is this the way he exposes them for what they are? Their response to this supposedly new material (whether it exists or not) will bring them out in the open. A battle fought in court which will allow everything to come out in the open...including the "old" will.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

MJ you genious.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

OH MY G.
After couple day's off,surfing here.I come back and read great news.
BUT on the same time,I'm so afraid to feel Joy right now.
Oh Lord I can't wait to see, what is gonna happen next.This is like a soapOPERA  :shock:  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don`t think this was only to be reached by a faked death. I don`t think he would have put his children and himself through a struggle like this to finally reach a free position on the recordmarket. I am still very sure that, on top, his life was seriously in danger.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WELL I DON'T THINK THIS ALBUM WAS RECORDED IN 2007 BECAUSE MJ WAS IN BAHRAIN AFTER HIS TRIAL N WAS PLANNING TO SETTLE IN THERE N WAS ALSO NEGOTIATING BUSINESS WITH PRINCE OF BAHRAIN. IMO THIS ALBUM MIGHT HAVE BEEN RECORDED AFTER HIS DEATH HOAX N I DON'T BUY THAT HE HAS RECORDED HIS ALBUM IN 2007.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Quote from: "trisha"
WELL I DON'T THINK THIS ALBUM WAS RECORDED IN 2007 BECAUSE MJ WAS IN BAHRAIN AFTER HIS TRIAL N WAS PLANNING TO SETTLE IN THERE N WAS ALSO NEGOTIATING BUSINESS WITH PRINCE OF BAHRAIN. IMO THIS ALBUM MIGHT HAVE BEEN RECORDED AFTER HIS DEATH HOAX N I DON'T BUY THAT HE HAS RECORDED HIS ALBUM IN 2007.

To my best knowledge he was in Bahrain in 2006, and in Ireland recording in 2007.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "raphaelleanique"
I don`t think this was only to be reached by a faked death. I don`t think he would have put his children and himself through a struggle like this to finally reach a free position on the recordmarket. I am still very sure that, on top, his life was seriously in danger.

I think it's important to look at things from all angles. The children grew up in a "struggle". Michael's whole life was a "struggle". They are used to their dad being Michael Jackson and all that comes with it. In fact, they don't know any different.

Also, he wouldn't be "putting them through" much if they knew the truth. The two oldest ones are old enough and seem mature enough to understand. Probably not Blanket, and that could be why he thinks his dad is/was "on vacation" as LaToya said.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.