The not yet OFFICIAL James Brown thread
May 02, 2010, 07:43:56 PM
Anything you want to post about James Brown can be posted in here.  :D

Today, May 3rd, is what would've been James Brown's 77th birthday..

James Brown's physician at the time of his death was Dr Conrad Murray.. there's a thread about it etcetc.

But, let's talk about it all here..

Like reasonables+luvs+MJ said in that thread: MJ and JB had the same coffin.

"The casket, called a Promethean, features a blue velvet interior and a hand-polished, mirror finish. It is made of solid bronze and plated with 14 carat gold."

Also...
 "Finally, rumor also has it that Latoya Jackson picked out the clothes  Michael was buried in: two black gloves, black pants beaded with black beads, a pearl-beaded white jacket embossed with cherubs and an oversized gold belt. A single white glove was reportedly placed inside the casket, too."

Black gloves

Deep voice warning ahead....  ;)

[youtube:2tu04lbj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsTIhT9KVPg[/youtube:2tu04lbj]

"Brown's body was transported to the theatre on a white carriage similar to the one seen at Jackson's Neverland ranch after his death. "
(quoted from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There's probably plenty more to add on this..
Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:30:01 PM by Melzy777
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

somekindofsign

Re: The OFFICIAL James Brown thread
May 02, 2010, 07:48:08 PM
Thank you Melzy777!
I think that OFFICIAL is something that the administrators label...
but it´s very good having a thread about JB.

I wouldn´t say that we know that Murray was JB doctor when he died as I said on the other thread. Or I missed the proof  :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The OFFICIAL James Brown thread
May 02, 2010, 07:56:37 PM
Hmmm.,. Well, there's plenty of hearsay about him being JB's Dr Feelgood.

Interesting that I can't seem to find TMZ making the same claim though.    :!:  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Jackson's 'Last Man Standing' - Gerald Posner interviews Dr Conrad Murray

"I was not certain what to expect before I met him, whether I’d conclude he was shifty or untrustworthy, but instead I was impressed with his apparent sincerity, especially when talking about the effect on his life since the pop star’s death. He admitted it had been “terrible.” He cited an article in People that mentioned how many of his former patients praised his work, and another that ran at nearly the same time that said he had provided prescriptions to the singer James Brown. Of course, the latter received by far the widest coverage. It’s convinced Murray that the press “is mostly interested in bad news and gossip.”"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"The casket, called a Promethean, features a blue velvet interior and a hand-polished, mirror finish. It is made of solid bronze and plated with 14 carat gold."

In Greek mythology, Prometheus is a Titan, the son of Iapetus and Themis, and brother to Atlas, Epimetheus and Menoetius. He was a champion of human-kind known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals. Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver  every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day. His myth has been treated by a number of ancient sources, in which Prometheus is credited with – or blamed for – playing a pivotal role in the early history of humankind.

In tarot he is The Hanged Man. The card of making sacrifices for the greater good.   ;)

The Hanged Man's symbolism points to divinity, linking it to the Passion of Christ in Christianity, especially The Crucifixion; to the narratives of Osiris (Egyptian mythology) and Mithras (Ancient Persian mythology, Roman mythology). In all of these archetypal stories, the destruction of self brings life to humanity; on the card, these are symbolized respectively by the person of the hanged man and the living tree from which he hangs bound. Its relationship to the other cards usually involves the sacrifice that makes sacred; personal loss for a greater good or a greater gain.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

somekindofsign

Very interesting Melzy777.
I think we needed this thread. Thank you again!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions