The article is posted below but the comments are also worth reading. I am so glad to finally see people writing in a positive manner towards Michael instead of the mean hateful comments that used to be posted.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson: Was the Media Complicit in Destroying Him???

By Victoria E. Christopherson

May 03, 2010, (Sawf News) - Many Michael Jackson fans believe media coverage of the singer has been distorted and self serving. How about those who aren't his fans? How do they feel?

Victoria E. Christopherson wasn't a Michael Jackson fan, at least not till the time he died. Here is what she had to say, and we let her say it straight from her heart.

When Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009, I honestly did not care. My impressions of him were the ever-present pictures I would see on the tabloid covers when I would enter the grocery checkout. Those freakish pictures of him, for years and years. And the ever-present child molestation charges. Other than that, I knew very little about him. So I decided to find out for myself by checking the internet for articles and YouTube for videos.

I was not prepared for what I saw of taped interviews of Michael Jackson and of his fantastic, out-of-this world concert performances. To my surprise, by the time of his memorial at the Staples Center on July 7, 2009, I was grief-stricken. I took a vacation day from work, watched the memorial, and cried like a baby. I cried as if for a beloved brother. Not a freak-show character as portrayed by the media, but a beautiful, loving, sweet human being. A person who put his money where his mouth is, for the good of others, to our utter shame. And the greatest entertainer. I became a fan.

In viewing interviews of Michael Jackson, I could not help but be impressed by a kind, beautiful persona. But what about the child-molestation charges? The more I tried to resolve some of my questions about his life, the more I would encounter massive contradictions in the articles about him.

I would often see articles that were exactly the same, but have one massive fact reported differently. It seemed like intentional disinformation. For example, articles would cover Jordan Chandler's description of Jackson being circumcised. [Jordan Chandler was the 13-year old accuser/1993). Another would say Jordan Chandler described him as uncircumcised. (He was uncircumcised by the way).

On and on, it was shocking. However, I discovered that some investigative reporters had published articles and even books about the molestation charges, giving the opinion that Michael Jackson was not guilty. Some even thought he was framed, giving reasoned arguments (see "Was Michael Jackson Framed?" by Mary A Fischer, GQ magazine, 1994).

That is when I encountered Aphrodite Jones book, "The Michael Jackson Conspiracy". A New York Times best-selling author of true crime books, she covered the 2005 Jackson trial for Fox News.

She had thought Michael Jackson was guilty going in, but changed her mind after the 14 not-guilty verdicts were pronounced. Everyone in the media was shocked, including her. She decided to do her own research on the trial and write a book.

One shocking fact: no publisher would touch a pro-Jackson book. No publisher would touch a pro-Jackson book??? Not even from a best-selling author? So she had to self-publish. Tom Messereau, Michael Jackson's brilliant attorney, wrote the forward. The book was an eye-opener to what lengths a District Attorney and the media will go to pervert justice.

So when, on the early morning of April 29, 2010, I entered "michaeljackson" in Google news, I found an entry for: Aphrodite Jones True Crime: Michael Jackson, an episode to air on Investigation Discovery Channel on the following day, April 30th.

The entry showed 3 articles. I hoped that the media would discuss the airing of the program, so that people could see the other side of the story. Because there is another side.

By noon, April 29th, I found another entry for an allegation that Michael Jackson had a gay lover at the end of his life. Extra, an entertainment television program, was airing two interviews of Jason Pfeiffer, the alleged gay lover. Pfeiffer is an employee of Dr Arnold Klein, Jackson's dermatologist and friend, who was corroborating the story.

I was livid, because in my research, Michael Jackson always denied being gay. And even if he was gay, why are the lover and friend going to the tabloid press???

This was the very thing Jackson complained of. Jackson hated the tabloid press and wanted his privacy. He wrote songs about these issues. And these were his friends???

Fans blogged and protested vehemently. Extra cancelled Part 2 of the interview. But the timing of this story was suspect. Aphrodite Jones' program would air the next night, a program which defended Michael Jackson against the child molestation charges. Could all this be by design?

As of May 3, 2010, Google news shows 99 stories for Michael Jackson's gay lover and 3 stories for Aphrodite Jones True Crime program, the same 3 stories from April 29, 2010. The media didn't touch it.

Aphrodite Jones: "The conspiracy is between the media and the DA to make Michael Jackson appear to be the guiltiest person on the planet, when in truth, no one could be more humble or more talented or more loving than Michael Jackson."

YouTube now has the entire Aphrodite Jones program (with Jackson attorney Tom Messereau) shown in six parts.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

MJJ1982

It's great that people become more positive about Michael, but I still don't like the fact that he had to 'die' first... Sorry I can't help the feeling that it gives me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

paula-c

Good for her writing positive things about Michael, really gives me great joy, and what he says cases of child abuse and as a gay love affair course analyzes the tabloid says :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "MJJ1982"
It's great that people become more positive about Michael, but I still don't like the fact that he had to 'die' first... Sorry I can't help the feeling that it gives me.

I know - I feel the same way. But we can't change the past, only the future. And for Michael and his children, we all need to do our part in making that change. Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "MJJ1982"

I agree with you. As much as I enjoy reading positive things about Michael for a change, it angers me slightly that he had to "die" to get the appreciation and admiration that he deserves.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions