Re: Why Europe???
April 23, 2010, 06:45:16 AM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Quote from: "alovesmichael"
Why do some people get so defensive when talking about Michael living in Europe or the US? The media in the US are horrible but so are the British media, they're ruthless. It's not about the fans, Michael loved all of his fans the same. I believe it's the hysteria he'd want to avoid, wouldn't we all? And you all realise that Europe's not just one nation right?  ;)

Prince did 21 nights in London and perhaps that's where Michael got the idea, plus the 02 arena is supposed to be very good venue. LOndon is also a world metropole which makes access easy for most. It makes sense to me that he'd have his shows there and it's not about favouring one place over the other.
I just think that sometimes foreign (I don't really like the word 'fan') people don't understand how it feels to see other people (especially if they're FROM Europe) discussing Michael being angry at, ashamed of or shunning the U.S. because there are so MANY here who are SO devoted to him and really helped him get where he is at all.. Just look at now, every time there's "Murray court buisness" going down, all of those peeps take some of their valuable time to go stand out there and support him.. There's always been that rumor about him wanting to be white and betraying his black community, and I KNOW that bullish isn't true, but I wonder how it is for all of those lifelong American black fans, having that garbage at the back of their minds and then seeing how in the these recent ten years he's hung around Europe so much.. But you do have a point about London, that makes sense..

We were not talking about fans. I think all fans in the world are on the same level. Here in Europe we also wonder why he didn't come to Europe to live, if he couldn't stand US anymore.
When we say, MJ did love Us anymore I think we talk about govnerment, about cops, about media...I think the way the treated him (as guilty from the beginning) was the end of love story with US. But we are really not talking about FANS. You're talking about american black fans having rumors in mind about him wanting to be white, and willing to live in Europe...but you forget that in Europe too, there are black people. And you forget that ALL THE FANS IN THE WORLD had to live with those ideas, and with the child molestation stories, and all the other BS stories... We ALL had to deal with it, as MJ's fans.
I understand that people in america, who had a "black example of success" could have elt strange about this evolution. But if they blamed him for it, we're they really fans ?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

April 23, 2010, 06:50:05 AM
Anyway, Michael loves art, history...maybe he just prefered living in a country in Europe. It's also personnal choice. I know french people dreaming to live in US. My own sister left 15 years ago to stay in NY. She never came back living in France.
I think if Michael went to Ireland or Germany or France, it's a personnal choice, surely not only about "revenge/disappointment"towards US.

Other question : would it be more profitable/less complicated, to tour out of US ?   :roll:
About taxes, or I don't know what ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

April 23, 2010, 09:53:20 AM
Why do some people get so defensive when talking about Michael living in Europe or the US? The media in the US are horrible but so are the British media, they're ruthless. It's not about the fans, Michael loved all of his fans the same. I believe it's the hysteria he'd want to avoid, wouldn't we all? And you all realise that Europe's not just one nation right?  ;)

Prince did 21 nights in London and perhaps that's where Michael got the idea, plus the 02 arena is supposed to be very good venue. LOndon is also a world metropole which makes access easy for most. It makes sense to me that he'd have his shows there and it's not about favouring one place over the other.
I just think that sometimes foreign (I don't really like the word 'fan') people don't understand how it feels to see other people (especially if they're FROM Europe) discussing Michael being angry at, ashamed of or shunning the U.S. because there are so MANY here who are SO devoted to him and really helped him get where he is at all.. Just look at now, every time there's "Murray court buisness" going down, all of those peeps take some of their valuable time to go stand out there and support him.. There's always been that rumor about him wanting to be white and betraying his black community, and I KNOW that bullish isn't true, but I wonder how it is for all of those lifelong American black fans, having that garbage at the back of their minds and then seeing how in the these recent ten years he's hung around Europe so much.. But you do have a point about London, that makes sense..

Hun, I understand but don't take it personally. I really believe it's not about us. Different countries just have different things to offer and we're all different. I don't live in my country of origin and haven't been living there for years but that does not mean I don't like my country. Like someone already mentioned when talking about Michael being badly treated we're mainly talking about media, the police etc. I too think of Michael as a citizen of the world, someone who brings people together through magic and love. So please don't feel bad about it, I'm sure Michael knows very well that he has people that love him everywhere all over the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 23, 2010, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: "whatyourheartsays"

We were not talking about fans. I think all fans in the world are on the same level. Here in Europe we also wonder why he didn't come to Europe to live, if he couldn't stand US anymore.
When we say, MJ did love Us anymore I think we talk about govnerment, about cops, about media...I think the way the treated him (as guilty from the beginning) was the end of love story with US. But we are really not talking about FANS. You're talking about american black fans having rumors in mind about him wanting to be white, and willing to live in Europe...but you forget that in Europe too, there are black people. And you forget that ALL THE FANS IN THE WORLD had to live with those ideas, and with the child molestation stories, and all the other BS stories... We ALL had to deal with it, as MJ's fans.
I understand that people in america, who had a "black example of success" could have elt strange about this evolution. But if they blamed him for it, we're they really fans ?
Of course I'm aware of that. But Michael isn't European, he's black from the U.S. Besides, I don't think I take it personally as much as I get very angry at the unfairness of it all, those conspiracies and crap.. They had to go and taint our whole nation with their pointless trial..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions