Michael Jackson, 65, Beer Critic and Author, Is Dead
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 3, 2007

LONDON, Sept. 2 (AP) — Michael Jackson, a leading beer critic who helped start a renaissance of interest in beer and breweries worldwide in the 1970s, was found dead on Thursday at his home in West London. He was 65.

The cause was a heart attack, said Paddy Gunningham, his partner. She said that despite having Parkinson’s disease he had continued writing and traveling, and that he had planned to write a book about the disease.

Mr. Jackson especially loved Belgian brews, which his books “The Great Beers of Belgium” and “The World Guide to Beer” introduced to many export markets, including the United States.

By identifying beers by their flavors and styles, and by pairing them with particular foods and dishes, he also gave impetus to the North American microbrewery movement.

His television documentary series, “The Beer Hunter,” a title that popularized his nickname, was filmed around the world and shown in 15 countries.

Mr. Jackson was a beer critic for more than 30 years, writing in newspapers and gastronomic magazines, holding seminars, giving speeches and appearing on talk shows. His many books about beer and whiskeys were published in 18 languages.

He is survived by Ms. Gunningham; a stepdaughter, Sam Hopkins; a sister, Heather Campbell; and two grandchildren.

On his Web site, Mr. Jackson acknowledged that his familiar name often led to confusion. “Hello, my name is Michael Jackson,” it said last week. “No, not that Michael Jackson, but I am on a world tour. My tour is in pursuit of exceptional beer. That’s why they call me the Beer Hunter.”
 A version of this article appeared in print on September 3, 2007, on page B5 of the New York edition. New York Times article
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

This guy had a TV series a few years ago - a huge guy with a beard - quite jolly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

interesting...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I so remember that day.I was working that morning in 2007 and listening to the radio.Finally the news came and they said that Michael Jackson had died.OMG I almost fainted,my legs were shaking . After the heart attack story they simply said it wasn`t the  singer Michael Jackson ...it was the beer hunter.I was so angry and yet so happy :lol: ...And the most interesting part  is that when I heard the news about Mike in June 25th 2009 I was not in shock at all ..Just did not believe it ..  I just had that inner feeling he is actually fine ...Very bizarre experience  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in my heart,
and forever it will stay.

Quote from: "Muinasjutumaja"
I so remember that day.I was working that morning in 2007 and listening to the radio.Finally the news came and they said that Michael Jackson had died.OMG I almost fainted,my legs were shaking . After the heart attack story they simply said it wasn`t the  singer Michael Jackson ...it was the beer hunter.I was so angry and yet so happy :lol: ...And the most interesting part  is that when I heard the news about Mike in June 25th 2009 I was not in shock at all ..Just did not believe it ..  I just had that inner feeling he is actually fine ...Very bizarre experience  :lol:
i second that :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hahahahaha there's a fake Janet account on facebook that has a bunch of certificates uploaded that say Michael Jackson .... yet quite clearly underneath it says he wrote the definitive book about whiskey.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Jacksonology"
Quote from: "Muinasjutumaja"
i second that :lol:
Hahaaa you`re funny  :D   But actually it is true  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I heard the new from TMZ and first they reported he had a cardiac arrest .Well I didn`t know the meaning of cardiac arrest .Took the dictionary and found out.I really thought it`s nothing.Then TMZ reported coma and I was like :aaahh he`s gonna be fine ..Then he was dead ..I was like OK this is not possible...I totally blocked that feeling ...
*I think our hearts are the best ears..A gut feeling is telling me he is fine  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions