Re: Jon Voight Letter to the American People
April 15, 2010, 03:57:29 PM
Thank you all for this, it's good to hear this from American citizens it's coming straight from the horses mouth. I certainly will be tuning in more when I hear any news updates on Obama. I don't like being fed BS. I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open so I can eduacate myself on him.

My opinion on Clinton is still the same, i'm just looking at what he did for us and we can't thank him enough.

As far as Ireland's leaders are concerned they are a bunch of morans, they have no idea how to lead and have absolutley no idea how to get us out of recession. It seems us the tax payers are paying for all the banks and property developers f**k ups and it is so frustrating and we're all really pi**ed off with it, and the worse thing is the oppositions are not much better. We have alot of successful business people in Ireland and I swear they could run this country with their eyes closed.If only we could get them elected!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work.”

somekindofsign

April 15, 2010, 04:19:50 PM
Don´t want to be rude but again... America = USA?
How do the rest of the Americans feel about that?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 15, 2010, 05:02:11 PM
Quote from: "THE JACKSONOLOGIST"
Well, I have to agree that Bush was a complete and still is....moron. Im not a fan of Clinton either, but if I had to choose...I would pick Clinton.

Obama. Well Im not schooled that well in politics myself, but this guy just oozes bad news. REALLY bad news. He's pushing for complete control of everything and making it easier to swallow by sugar coating it. He's making everything he wants to do seem "wonderful", when in actuality he has a more sinister agenda. He and those creeps in Congress....especially Pelosi.

do you know that Pelosi's husband is a big wig at a major tuna fish company (like Starkist)? He just bought a huge chunk of land in cuba. Pelosi, when the time came for the minimum wage to be raised, forbad his workers in Somoa, where a big tuna factory is, to get the minimum wage because they didnt wanna fork over the extra money and Good ole Nancy persuaded him. So now Somoans still earn the old min wage while the rest of us earn more. WTF?

There is so much evil shit going on in the white house it isnt even funny.

Hahaha it's spelled "Samoa" & "Samoan". I'm Samoan  :D  Anyways, I didn't know about the whole tuna thing, thanks for that post.  What a bastard :x As for Obama, I'm not against him, I'm waiting it out to see what happens, as of right now I'm giving him a chance. However, I am iffy about him. All I know is I don't hate him like I hated Bush but that's jmo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 02:02:15 AM
Quote from: "karen-ishealive"
As someone not from the U.S. why is John Voight so against Obama? From an outsiders point of view Obama seems like a good guy, what happened? When Obama was elected I can say in my country the majority if not all people were thrilled and felt a dark cloud was lifted.

Really? I felt the complete opposite when he was elected.

Why did they feel this way in your country?

To me, Obama is nothing but a terrorist...period. I still do not understand why people voted for him...I really honestly cannot.

President Obama a terrorist?

:roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 02:55:54 AM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Im assuming most of the posters here are supporters of Obama?

Quote from: "jill"
@Jacksonologist....I do not support Obama.

Quote from: "lovesquad"
I agree - I really dont like what he stands for.

8-)

WOW my comment was NOT about Obama, but about Jon Voight...

Actually I think that Obama means well - look at the healthcare thing, that is good for a lot of under privilliged americans..

but then again, Im from scandinavia and its deep in our culture to take for the poor/sick people in our society...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

April 18, 2010, 02:59:46 AM
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Im assuming most of the posters here are supporters of Obama?

@Jacksonologist....I do not support Obama.

I agree - I really dont like what he stands for.

8-)

WOW my comment was NOT about Obama, but about Jon Voight...

No but it is how I feel about Obama so I quoted you  as I was a little lazy and didn't feel like typing it out.  ;)  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 04:58:57 AM
Obama is trying to FIX the healthcare system to make healthcare more accessible to EVERYONE. That's a good thing in my book. & he is now trying to fix things so that same sex couples have the same rights as other couples when it comes to one partner being in the hospital, etc. That is also a good thing. People who don't want change, don't like him because he is changing things, but as far as I can see none of it is bad. What's bad is starting a pointless war in Afghanistan after a terrorist attack that could have been prevented. Obama didn't ruin the economy, that was already in progress before he was elected. When are people going to wake up & stop blaming him for Bush's mistakes?  :roll: As far as I'm concerned, he's doing good not bad. He's HALF black & he's a democrat, let's all throw stones. He was born on an island & his father was African, let's give him grief & say he's not really a US citizen. Because someone who wasn't a US citizen would really be elected president without that being checked out first.  :roll: Give me a break. As one of the many Americans without health insurance because I am a student & simply can't afford it & my single mom who is one of the many Americans recently laid off can't afford to help me, I support what Obama is doing & I am grateful. Sometimes all I can do is just SMH at this country.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 06:05:48 AM
Quote from: "teine21"
Obama is trying to FIX the healthcare system to make healthcare more accessible to EVERYONE. That's a good thing in my book. & he is now trying to fix things so that same sex couples have the same rights as other couples when it comes to one partner being in the hospital, etc. That is also a good thing. People who don't want change, don't like him because he is changing things, but as far as I can see none of it is bad. What's bad is starting a pointless war in Afghanistan after a terrorist attack that could have been prevented. Obama didn't ruin the economy, that was already in progress before he was elected. When are people going to wake up & stop blaming him for Bush's mistakes?  :roll: As far as I'm concerned, he's doing good not bad. He's HALF black & he's a democrat, let's all throw stones. He was born on an island & his father was African, let's give him grief & say he's not really a US citizen. Because someone who wasn't a US citizen would really be elected president without that being checked out first.  :roll: Give me a break. As one of the many Americans without health insurance because I am a student & simply can't afford it & my single mom who is one of the many Americans recently laid off can't afford to help me, I support what Obama is doing & I am grateful. Sometimes all I can do is just SMH at this country.  :roll:

AMEN - I totally agree  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 07:16:18 AM
Well, I am uninsured myself but I do NOT support what he is doing. He forced this health care plan on us and not alot of people are happy about the govt forcing ANYTHING on their people. Have you ever read the Constittution?
I find it weird that that NO ONE can seem to find his birth cert. He says he was born in Hawii but yet there is no record or him ever being born there....I find that odd. And you HAVE to be born in the USA to be a pres....no one can give the Americans proof that he was born here.
He wants to control everything...now he is trying to convince everyone that the govt needs to control the banks. Look up what happened with Goldmyn-Sachs last week. They were purposely selling their clients stocks they KNEW would tank and when they tanked..THEY made money....so now Obama is using this as his "in" to control the banks. This is only the beginning my friend.He is a LIAR. Hopefully someday you will see that.

And I could give a rats ass if hes half black.

And who blamed him for the economy? I certainly didnt.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 07:53:36 AM
Well, I am uninsured myself but I do NOT support what he is doing. He forced this health care plan on us and not alot of people are happy about the govt forcing ANYTHING on their people. Have you ever read the Constittution?
I find it weird that that NO ONE can seem to find his birth cert. He says he was born in Hawii but yet there is no record or him ever being born there....I find that odd. And you HAVE to be born in the USA to be a pres....no one can give the Americans proof that he was born here.
He wants to control everything...now he is trying to convince everyone that the govt needs to control the banks. Look up what happened with Goldmyn-Sachs last week. They were purposely selling their clients stocks they KNEW would tank and when they tanked..THEY made money....so now Obama is using this as his "in" to control the banks. This is only the beginning my friend.He is a LIAR. Hopefully someday you will see that.

And I could give a rats ass if hes half black.

And who blamed him for the economy? I certainly didnt.

I dont agree with you - why are U being so hostile ?  its all for L.O.V.E. Remember ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jillTopic starter

April 18, 2010, 08:50:55 AM

From what you wrote I am under the impression you think the government healthcare will be free.  It will not be free.  You will be required by law to purchase healthcare, whether it be thru the government or a private healthcare provider.  It is unconstitutional for the government to require us to purchase anything!  As a student most college institutions offer healthcare for students who do not have coverage at a minimal cost, which would be a lot cheaper than purchasing the government healthcare.  As a result of the passing of this bill healthcare will skyrocket in price and will be harder to find appropriate care.  There was a poll taken in the state of Georgia of how many family practice doctors approved of this bill.  Over 40% said that in 2014 when it goes into effect they will give up practicing medicine because they will not be able to afford to do so.  They have also included student loans in this bill.  Up to this point the gov. subsidized bank loans to students at a low interest rate.  With the government now taking over the loans the interest rate is also expected to sky rocket.  That means many people will no longer be able to afford a college education.  It is also written into the bill that the president has the right to call any medical professional into military service at any time.  Right now the draft is not in effect in this country, however medical personal are not exempt from this. There are many other outrageous "attachments" to this bill that have absolutely nothing to do with healthcare.   It is unconstitutional for the congress and the president to pass a bill that 60% of the people oppose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 05:40:45 PM

From what you wrote I am under the impression you think the government healthcare will be free.  It will not be free.  You will be required by law to purchase healthcare, whether it be thru the government or a private healthcare provider.  It is unconstitutional for the government to require us to purchase anything!  As a student most college institutions offer healthcare for students who do not have coverage at a minimal cost, which would be a lot cheaper than purchasing the government healthcare.  As a result of the passing of this bill healthcare will skyrocket in price and will be harder to find appropriate care.  There was a poll taken in the state of Georgia of how many family practice doctors approved of this bill.  Over 40% said that in 2014 when it goes into effect they will give up practicing medicine because they will not be able to afford to do so.  They have also included student loans in this bill.  Up to this point the gov. subsidized bank loans to students at a low interest rate.  With the government now taking over the loans the interest rate is also expected to sky rocket.  That means many people will no longer be able to afford a college education.  It is also written into the bill that the president has the right to call any medical professional into military service at any time.  Right now the draft is not in effect in this country, however medical personal are not exempt from this. There are many other outrageous "attachments" to this bill that have absolutely nothing to do with healthcare.   It is unconstitutional for the congress and the president to pass a bill that 60% of the people oppose.

I attend a community college & the only healthcare insurance they offer is for international students. So I an American attending an American school am screwed. I know it's not going to be free, but it will be more affordable? Right? Maybe I don't know much about the bill/healthcare thing, I probably need to do some research. I want to be on Obama's side but I admit, I am a little iffy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jillTopic starter

April 18, 2010, 06:50:26 PM
@tienne21...My son is in college also.  He just finished writing a paper on the healthcare bill.  He called me and told me all that was in the bill after viewing it on line.  I was appalled.  To me the most outrageous part of this whole thing was the president and speaker Polosi made statements that it would be better to pass the bill without revealing what was in it because the US citizens would find it to complicated to understand!  They made the statement they wanted to pass the bill and then explain it to the people.  I find this arrogance disgusting!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 18, 2010, 07:28:03 PM
Tiene,

Im so sorry if I seemed hostile earlier...its because I am when it comes to Obama. I am NOT hostile towrads you.  Please forgive me if it seemed so. I just get SO extremely angry with our govt nowadays.

When I was in high school back in the 80's there was nothing to worry about. Now though, we need to worry about wether there will be social security when we get old.

Did you also know that you will be forced to pay a fine of up to $695 if you do NOT get this new insurance? I am also still paying back my student loans and THAT has been added in to the healthcare plan? They passed this bill without ANY kind of plan in place at all...which means it leaves them the option to pass ANYTHING they want and we cant do a damn thing about it. They are going to cut Medicaid as well and I dont know about you but that kinda scares me. My parents rely on Medicaid for all of the healthcare needs and now they will have to forgo some doctor visits. And my parents arent exactly healthy individuals. My father cant even afford his breathing meds as it is right now so what will this new healthcare do for him? It will cut his plan. Its very hard watchng my father gasp for air because he cant afford his meds. I help when I can but I cant help all the time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jillTopic starter

April 18, 2010, 08:10:02 PM
@Jacksonologist....I am sorry to hear about your parents health.  I will pray for them.  Don't get discouraged!  There is an election coming up in November.  Things can change in a day.  Fourteen states have filed a law suit against the federal government for passing this bill.  More states are expected to follow suit.  The Health Commissioner for the state of Georgia has written a letter to congress stating "The state of Georgia respectfully declines the health care bill and will not implement it in this state."  (We'll see how this goes over, lol.)  I was thinking about all that is going on late last night.  I feel like it is time to move past frustration and fear and move over into resolve and determination.  Just as Voight said in the tape....We can and will prevail.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions