MJJ1982Topic starter

June 25th 2010: European Jackson Event part 3
April 11, 2010, 01:02:49 PM
JacksonEvent is organising a third European Jackson Event on june 25th in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It will be a nice evening, a combination of remembering Michael and celebrating his life (ps: they are non-beLIEvers  ;) ) and there will be different acts. Entrance is free, and more info will be added.

Past EJE's have been a great succes, with a lot of foreign visitors. And in 2005 Michael send this message to his dutch fans:

[youtube:2w4lwwcf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nlCOSzGMBg&feature=PlayList&p=D193C006933BED2B&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=3[/youtube:2w4lwwcf]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

~Souza~

It's in Best, at the HIStory statue right?

I have always thought of that as weird. As far as I'm concerned, all the other statues are in big word cities, so why this one in Best of all places? Why not one of Holland's big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam or The Hague?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

Quote from: "~Souza~"

I have always thought of that as weird. As far as I'm concerned, all the other statues are in big word cities, so why this one in Best of all places? Why not one of Holland's big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam or The Hague?

The statue in Best is bought by the owners of McDonalds, real MJ-fans. Inside the restaurant there's a note on the wall with the autograph of Michael. Also lots of letters and pictures of fans. I don't know if these still hanging there, haven't been there in a while!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

~Souza~

Quote from: "Do"

The statue in Best is bought by the owners of McDonalds, real MJ-fans. Inside the restaurant there's a note on the wall with the autograph of Michael. Also lots of letters and pictures of fans. I don't know if these still hanging there, haven't been there in a while!

But was it placed there for the promotion, or placed later after they bought it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

But was it placed there for the promotion, or placed later after they bought it?

It was a gift from Michael to the Ronald McDonaldhuis in 1996. Het Ronald McDonalds Kinderfondsgala put the statue up for auction and then it has been bought by Peter van Gelder of McDonalds for 33.000,00 guilders.

You can read it at the end of the article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

MJJ1982Topic starter

No it will be held in Dynamo in Eindhoven.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'

MJJ1982Topic starter

These things are still hanging inside:
[attachment=2:u6l1d8pz]best 1.jpg[/attachment:u6l1d8pz]
[attachment=1:u6l1d8pz]best2.jpg[/attachment:u6l1d8pz]
[attachment=0:u6l1d8pz]best3.jpg[/attachment:u6l1d8pz]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

Quote from: "MJJ1982"

These things are still hanging inside:
[attachment=2:2hvdlu4t]best 1.jpg[/attachment:2hvdlu4t]
[attachment=1:2hvdlu4t]best2.jpg[/attachment:2hvdlu4t]
[attachment=0:2hvdlu4t]best3.jpg[/attachment:2hvdlu4t]

Oh wow, that's great! Thanks for posting the pictures, I'm going to eat a hamburger real soon (it's only 20 minutes drive from my home!)
By the way, can you tell me some more details of the JacksonEvent? Thanks!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

MJJ1982Topic starter

Do, here's a quote from the organisation:

In de afgelopen weken is er hard gewerkt om het EJE van 2010 vorm te geven en bij deze de laatste updates:

Zoals in 2005 zullen er acts zijn uit binnen en buitenland. De eerste artiesten zijn al geboekt maar laten we het nog even spannend houden  

De locatie wordt Dynamo in Eindhoven en ligt in het centrum van Eindhoven, op loopafstand van het centraal station.

Uiteraard willen we een combinatie van herdenken en Michael's leven vieren en ook daar wordt hard aan gewerkt. Verder zal er een mogelijkheid zijn om jou boodschap te geven aan Michael's kinderen

De entree nogmaals is GRATIS.

We'll keep you updated.

Alle informatie zal spoedig te vinden zijn op: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

In de afgelopen weken is er hard gewerkt om het EJE van 2010 vorm te geven en bij deze de laatste updates:

Zoals in 2005 zullen er acts zijn uit binnen en buitenland. De eerste artiesten zijn al geboekt maar laten we het nog even spannend houden  

De locatie wordt Dynamo in Eindhoven en ligt in het centrum van Eindhoven, op loopafstand van het centraal station.

Uiteraard willen we een combinatie van herdenken en Michael's leven vieren en ook daar wordt hard aan gewerkt. Verder zal er een mogelijkheid zijn om jou boodschap te geven aan Michael's kinderen

We'll keep you updated.

Alle informatie zal spoedig te vinden zijn op: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hé MJJ1982, thanks for the info! I'll try to be there if I can! It would be nice if the organisation of the Jacksonevent will also participate in Worldcry2010, which will also be held for the first time on june 25th.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

MJJ1982Topic starter

We'll keep you updated.

Hé MJJ1982, thanks for the info! I'll try to be there if I can! It would be nice if the organisation of the Jacksonevent will also participate in Worldcry2010, which will also be held for the first time on june 25th.

I can suggest it! Do you have information about what it contains exactly? I can't find it right now  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

We'll keep you updated.

I can suggest it! Do you have information about what it contains exactly? I can't find it right now  :oops:

Here is the link of Worldcry 2010:

'In order to keep the dreams and ideas Michael had alive, on the 25th of June 2010 we will  be holding the first annual worldwide simultaneous candlelight vigil in his honor. Come rain or shine everyone will stand vigil while Michael Jackson's song "Cry" plays.The more people who become involved the bigger the message to keep his visions alive, and the bigger we can continue to make Michael's light shine on'.

In The Netherlands it's in Den Haag, but the organisation of JacksonEvent can be an Ambassador for the city of Eindhoven!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

MJJ1982Topic starter

Thank you Do, I will suggest it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJJ1982Topic starter

It'll be held in Eindhoven instead of Den Haag ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interesting...not an event in LA, but in Los Olivos, where Neverland is.

I also think that the full moon is importent in all the events...like the full moon at the funeral and the Thriller !

The 26.06.2010...one day later was full moon.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions