Outside of all the media hoopla about his faux pas and arrogant ego at times, West has made many socially conscious songs and even snuck some informative lyrics in songs that you wouldn't expect. Lately, however, he has been more bold with his message and I think his next album will speak highly to the resistance of the powers that be.

Here is a blog that he posted on Jan. 4, 2010 (He always writes his posts in capital letters, not to shout, that's just his style lol):

FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR CONSTANT LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THESE PAST 6 YEARS!  I’M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC.  I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT.  IT’S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER.  WE WILL  FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF MAYA ANGELOU, GIL SCOTT-HERON AND NINA SIMONE. THEIR WORK IMPROVED WITH TIME.  THEY DOCUMENTED WHAT WAS HAPPENING IN CULTURE.  THAT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE MODERN DAY ARTISTS AND POETS, TO ACCURATELY REPRESENT WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, SO WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE TRY TO REWRITE  HISTORY  YOU CAN ALWAYS LOOK AT OUR WORKS AND FIND TRUTH AND SINCERITY IN A WORLD OF PROCESSED INFORMATION. LET US SOAK IN POSITIVE FORCES AND LOOK DOWN ON UPON THOSE WHO MASQUERADE AS TRUTH TELLERS AND OBJECTIVE FACT GIVERS WHEN IN REALITY EVERYTHING THAT IS PROJECTED HAS AN AGENDA OF BRAINWASHING US, THE  ”CONSUMER”, THE PUBLIC, TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT US TO.  LET US LOOK PAST HEADLINES AND DEAL WITH JUST A BIT OF REALITY IN THIS NEW DECADE.  WE HAVE OUR OWN OUTLETS NOW. WE DON’T HAVE TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ANYMORE. NOW I’LL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE THAT RYHME    LOL!!!

In addition, Kanye West said a short speech with an interesting freestyle. I am trying to find it. Once I do, I will definitely post it here first.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

Yay! I found it! This speech and freestyle is from December 23, 2009. First time on stage since the VMAs incident.

[youtube:1eo7qg8v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJYRpybHivg[/youtube:1eo7qg8v]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

people try to hate on Mr. West, but that's my guy. I love Kanye. He always speaks with so much passion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions