Re: The Shocking Truth About Public Schools
April 08, 2010, 01:14:23 PM
I really agree with you because i go to a Chicago Public School and it is HELL for me :cry: !!!Everyday we just sit there and hear kids talk about each other,mother,fathers,family etc!!! It is very nerve wracking :x !!!!I always feel this is worthless because i am a very smart kid but some stuff we learn just does not make sense. They always make a speech about we need to focus on our work but later on there is a big fight with the students that lasts for blocks :( I was almost 1 of those kids but i thought about it and said fighting her would have been a waste of my time that i have to do other stuff. I do learn new stuff at times that make me feel more educated and i do feel smarter at the end of the day. I would NEVER recommend my school to ANYONE because that's just how bad it is. Some people would say I'm exaggerating but it is just like this. But the thing that kinda makes me upset is that we all make posters that say "Heal The World" and "We Are The World" or "Make That Change" then i said well where is the change :roll: They could not answer and i said maybe Michael would feel diff but then again if he was in the middle of 1 of these fights he would be disgusted at a bunch of 10-14 year old kids fighting. I am not downing school but i have to go back Monday and experience this for 2 more months but i just cant' take it :x . Please believe me when i say I'm going to keep on with school but i just wish my school  was better :cry:  and that all of us in the school could get along the way sum of us do with our besties :cry:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sun comes up on this new morning
Shifting shadows, a songbird sings
And if you feel alone, I'll be your shoulder
With a tender touch, you know me so well
Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters
Baby, who can really tell when two hearts belong so well

MJLover1990

April 08, 2010, 01:52:49 PM
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"
I really agree with you because i go to a Chicago Public School and it is HELL for me :cry: !!!Everyday we just sit there and hear kids talk about each other,mother,fathers,family etc!!! It is very nerve wracking :x !!!!I always feel this is worthless because i am a very smart kid but some stuff we learn just does not make sense. They always make a speech about we need to focus on our work but later on there is a big fight with the students that lasts for blocks :( I was almost 1 of those kids but i thought about it and said fighting her would have been a waste of my time that i have to do other stuff. I do learn new stuff at times that make me feel more educated and i do feel smarter at the end of the day. I would NEVER recommend my school to ANYONE because that's just how bad it is. Some people would say I'm exaggerating but it is just like this. But the thing that kinda makes me upset is that we all make posters that say "Heal The World" and "We Are The World" or "Make That Change" then i said well where is the change :roll: They could not answer and i said maybe Michael would feel diff but then again if he was in the middle of 1 of these fights he would be disgusted at a bunch of 10-14 year old kids fighting. I am not downing school but i have to go back Monday and experience this for 2 more months but i just cant' take it :x . Please believe me when i say I'm going to keep on with school but i just wish my school  was better :cry:  and that all of us in the school could get along the way sum of us do with our besties :cry:

Don't let it get you down, I'm glad you are smarter than them and that you are educating yourself. I can understand the frustration because when you learn so much more on your own than in school you think to yourself what's the point in school. But just put your head up high and learn and keep learning and decide for yourself what is truth and what is not truth. I didn't said I was against learning, I'm all for learning I myself love to learn it gives such a good feeling. But it is WHAT you are learning, if they only feed you lies in school because it was told that we should learn that. Then I think it's better if you educate yourself with more knowlegde and what you think is true and what is not true. I am for learning but I am not for learning the way school teaches us things that are not true. And yes history books are a basic foundation on finding the truth but what if even some of the basic foundations are a lie? Where do you find the truth then. I'm not saying that the history books are a lie there is some truth in the history books but not everything. But they only want to teach us things to a certain level so we think that we've learned everything and that we are fully educated. And we think we don't need to explore other things in history or in general for that matter more because we are taught things to a certain level to keep us from the truth or to keep us dumbed down. I hope I make a little sense here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nynyro

April 08, 2010, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: "kingofmystery"
To the OP, your post is really quite disrespectful and insulting to all the amazing, hardworking educators out there, and especially on this forum.  

All schools are not created alike.  There are some AMAZING schools out there.  I have had the privilege to work in many of them over the years.  I hope to one day even be an administrator/principal of my own school. Education has been my life's passion, and I believe education to be the keys to opportunity and freedom.  

Schools generally reflect the communities they are in, and the resources available to them.  I am sorry you did not have a good experience at your school.  If you are not satisfied, do something about it.  Get involved, and make them better.

I was not disparaging education at all and i think many of you misinterpreted the OP's intention. Personally, I want to be educated in a field that I actually enjoy rather than be educated in a field that "makes money".... that was the point I was trying to make.   Also,many public schools do not educate children. Like you said all schools are not created equally.  The quality differs greatly from school to school.

Btw, my mother's an elementary public school teacher and she agrees that the public school system is terribly flawed.  No one is blaming the teachers because it's not their fault.  They're not the ones who develop the curriculum.
Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:18:58 PM by nynyro
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nynyro

April 08, 2010, 05:18:39 PM
Quote from: "ILoveMichael"
Schools are places of hate, discrimination and illusion.

I don't agree with this part. Some schools, but not all schools are like that.  School can be a great place if you find the right fit.  School itself is not bad, it's the way that the public school system (at least in America) is structured that makes some schools that way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

April 08, 2010, 05:58:17 PM
There is good and bad in everything but the good side of things must not make us blind on the bad side and maybe that the most important thing here is what is the real aim of school ? I understand the goal of this post because in a way what this young man is saying in the video is not false. School at a certain level is shaping students' minds to fit in the system. I mean the Illuminati want to control the world, they already control almost everything and I don't think that school is an exception to the rule...

When you begin school it's ok because you learn things you will need in your future life like reading, counting, writing then you still have interesting things like foreign languages...etc. but I feel like the older you become the more there is this selection, this competition of "intelligence", and unfortunately the ones who don't follow are put aside. I know that in some aspects it is necessary to select, everybody cannot become a physician (isn't it Mr. Murray ?) but does school give a real chance for everyone to succeed ? I mean everybody has the right to live a comfortable life, has the right to win enough money (it unfortunately rules the world) to live decently not only "smart" people. But I feel like the ones who don't have this specific "intelligence" are really left. They should teach that there are several kind of intelligence and that we all can bring something to this world. Finally I see school like a strainer in the end.

My point is not to say that school is a bad thing, not at all but I think it really needs to be reformed.

Then there is this system by which we are encircled. You have all these rich people exposed in the medias to make believe that money is the ultimate goal in life. Competition is over-promoted rather than compassion. They really want to build a society of selfish people who don't care about their neighbours and it makes a more monitorable society.

The problem now is that if you don't want to follow this system it is very hard for you to make a living, impossible I should say. This system is there since so long that we don't even question ourselves on its accuracy. We are litterally glued in it, we're part of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

April 08, 2010, 06:00:04 PM
LOL im in high school. .and i absolutely HATE I, it just makes me feel so stupid.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]I\'ll never let you part, for you\'re always.. in my heart[/size]

April 08, 2010, 07:46:54 PM
I knew there was a reason I hated school growing up!  :lol:

On a serious note... I knew there was a reason I hated school growing up.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

April 09, 2010, 10:40:30 AM
I so agree! I think that most public schools are for the birds. Recently I've heard about two stories of these bullied kids wanting to commit suicide. Two different incidents: one turned out tragic(Heard about the 15 year old girl who committed suicide because she was harassed and bullied by her peers)  and the other not so (The kid jumped from the second floor window but was okay after it) and I got the impression that both schools didn't do much of a damn to try to change the situations for the better.  :cry:

I think alternatives for learning, for kids is either homeschooling or charter schools or alternative high schools. I can relate because I had a tough time as an elementary school student. It got worse when I went to 7th grade and transferred from my first elementary school and transferred to the second because the first school only went up to 6th grade at the time. The second school was a mess. Fights every other day (They still have these to this day), and I was a total outcast. I remember telling some folks about a cousin on my dad's side who sings jazz and they came to me and told me straight up they didn't care.
Everything changed when I transferred to a charter school for 8th grade, and I had a much better time. I made more friends; the environment and atmosphere there was very pleasant and like a second family-type deal. There was a sister school for high-schoolers; an alternative high school on a college campus that I transferred to; both schools were owned by the same person, a loving principal named Mrs. Hawkins. :D The high school is still in operation to this day, and the charter school closed due to some financial troubles, but I must say attending those schools was one of my coolest experiences in a school.  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

April 09, 2010, 10:40:54 AM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
I knew there was a reason I hated school growing up!  :lol:

On a serious note... I knew there was a reason I hated school growing up.

LOLL!  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: "Mj5StarChick"

OOh!LOL! Don't even get me started on Chicago Public Schools... :evil:  :x  :?
The two elementary schools I went to were CPS schools and the second is a school my mother refers to as "The barn", lmao. That school is terrible; as it was at the time I went. So much favoritism amongst the teachers for certain students, while other students got emotionally hurt, it was sickening. Long ago my late dad was a teacher for CPS schools. It was better back in the day, but these schools got worse and worse as time went on for some reason and I know Dad would have agreed that the school system sucks here.
For you, starchick, I would recommend a charter school in the city or something like that; my experience with a charter school was pretty awesome.  :mrgreen:  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 10:51:10 AM

If you are not satisfied, do something about it.  Get involved, and make them better.

If you are not helping to change schools, you are also part of the problem.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead

April 09, 2010, 11:18:28 AM
Coincidence? Just came upon this vid from Megan Fox

[youtube:1x7zmfuh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDoXiGBHfs[/youtube:1x7zmfuh]
Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:22:41 AM by ilprincipe
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJLover1990

April 09, 2010, 11:19:24 AM
How can we change school? While this evil government this evil system is in the world who is pulling the strings and yes even on the things we learn in school. If we speak out in school about the truth we are labeled as nuts for sure. And the evil system would not allow someone or a teacher to teach the truth to children because children should be kept dumbed down if they are not they will find out the truth and that is what the Illuminati wants they don't want us to find the truth. But that is not what I want, I wish I could teach children in school about the truth but they would never allow that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

April 09, 2010, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
Okay so now I'm being disrespectful and insulting? :roll: Oh yeah make me the bad person here. I was only stating my opinion. I'm not attacking SCHOOLS I do not agree with the purpose of the schools and why they were INVENTED!

I am very saddened to hear that you think these things.  Schools have changed (and saved) so many lives for the better.

It is very easy to dislike what one does have.
It is very easy to admire and wish what one doesn't have.
It is very hard to appreciate the chance for the better in what one does have.
It is very hard to start change.

There are billions of kids on this planet who wished they had a school.
There are billions of kids on this planet who wished they had not to work for a piece of bread instead.
There are billions of wasted talents that die as uneducated as they were born.

You better know how to calculate to be able to compare prizes when buying your bread.
You better know how to read and write to be able to not be tricked.
There are billions of unfortunate persons on this planet who do not know how to calculate, read or write.

Most of those who have dropped out of school do regret this later.
I hope you find a way out of your anger because you are one of the fortunate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

April 09, 2010, 11:52:16 AM
Thank you, Grace.  

I've spend my whole life dedicated to education and improving schools around the world.  And I have watched so many lives transform for the better because of them.  No, they are not perfect, but you hit the nail one the head: It's easy to take for granted the things you DO have.

I'll say again what I said in my previous post:
If you are not helping to change schools, you are also part of the problem.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.  
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead