Jackson's Demanding Personality On Trial

Posted Apr 5th 2010 12:25AM by TMZ Staff

It sounds crazy, but Michael Jackson's Coca-Cola addiction may become a building block in Dr. Conrad Murray's legal strategy.

TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray's defense will be that Michael Jackson caused his own death by pumping a lethal dose of Propofol into his own body during the time the doctor was out of the room.

Sources familiar with the defense strategy tell us one of the missions is to show that Michael Jackson was a demanding celebrity who wanted what he wanted when he wanted it, even if it posed a danger to himself.

One of the ways the defense will prove its point is with the famous soft drink. Jackson consumed massive quantities of Coca-Cola, knowing full well it was laden with caffeine and would make it next to impossible to fall asleep.

Our sources say the defense has numerous examples of situations where Jackson hyped himself up with caffeine from soda and then used drugs -- including Propofol -- as the ultimate sleeping solution.

The upshot -- Jackson was a guy who wanted instant gratification ... so the notion that he would wake up when Dr. Murray was out of the room, become frustrated and self-medicate with Propofol is consistent with his personality.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:29:40 AM by DancingTheDream
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Michael Jackson was a COKE addict?????
April 04, 2010, 11:57:14 PM
What a bunch of BS!! Why dont they put their foot in their mouth!! I can't believe how much crap tmz keep on coming up with, sorry guys, I'm just so over them. If someone did not read their whole story it is made to look like he was on cocaine instead of the soda. They just love to make him look bad, wankers!!!!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

April 05, 2010, 12:02:31 AM
this is a joke. can't wait for murray to bring in michael's love for candy and lolipops and the massive sugar rush they bring as another part of the "suicide" theory his defense team is creating.

caffeine also makes you crash. it doesn't keep you constantly awake. and to be quite honest ,this whole propofol thing doesn't even make sense to me. you never enter rem sleep with this, you'd never feel like you're rested. there's no point to it.

and please notice how TMZ has magically traveled in time to tomorrow already. i'm living in the past, as it is only 10:02 here in california.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

April 05, 2010, 12:11:16 AM
Its ridiculous.. so they are saying Michael drank coca cola and had lights on in his bedroom, with cartoons blaring...  therefore he used Propofol in fustration to sleep.

im sorry..  but its impossible to drink that much cola to keep you awake..  i drink it and you would have to drink a LOT to get high on the caffeine in cola.. you would be constantly weeing because you would have to drink that much.

Surely he would be drinking Red Bull and taking Pro-Plus if thats the effect he wanted.

So ridiculous.. so a doctor who is treating MJ for insomnia - had the lights on in the bedroom with cartoon blaring and was yacking away on his mobile.. so MJ had to have Propofol as a last resort as he couldnt sleep due to all the cola he was drinking.

HELLO>>>   Doctor should have said "lets have a quiet, dark room where you can relax and unwind.  This is my advice to you as a Doctor you have hired and paid very well to help you with your insomnia.  I will not talk on my mobile whilst you try and sleep as this would wake you.
Oh.. and i will not give you Propofol as i am a Doctor and i have a duty of care to you.. i cant give you something that is illegal and highly dangerous and i am not trained to admninister.  I also do not have the proper equipment to monitor you.  Therefore, as a Doctor, i cannot do this. You pay me well to look after you and your health. You trust me as an educated doctor.  Therefore, i will treat you in your best interests"

Ive heard piss poor excuses in my time.. but this one is taking the biscuit.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I dont know about anyone else.. but this is the first time i have heard of Michael Jackson drinking lots of pop (soda).

I remember when he did the Pepsi adverts, he didnt want to do them as he didnt drink Pepsi or any other soft fizzy drink and he felt a bit of a fraud advertising something he didnt consume

I thought he was very anti Pepsi and Coca cola?????

And another thought.. why "Coca Cola" and not "Pepsi"???   The two are rivals and MJ is famously tied to Pepsi with his advertisements...   is this some kind of message?????  If it is, i dont get it but it strikes me as very odd.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WHAT A LOAD OF *!&$  :!:

I drink coke all the time, throughout the day, late at night -- not once has that ever kept me up. I even tried several times to drink a ton of coke bottles to keep me up while writing papers... FAIL.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't help but laugh. This can't be the best his defense has. People are going to see through this. The end has to be near...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lies runs sprints...but the TRUTH runs Marathons

This story is absolutely false and IF they try to say this in the court, I hope someone in that courtroom knows better. I drink COFFEE, which has more caffeine in it then coca-cola, ALL day long. Literally. It's just about all I drink. Yes I know it's bad for me but I love my coffee. lol Anyway, my point here is, because of the fact that I drink that much coffee, the caffeine that is in it has NO affect on me. It doesn't wake me up when I get out of bed and it doesn't keep me up all day. When my body gets sleepy, I am able to go to bed and sleep. If Michael drank coca-cola the way that I drink coffee, or even more than I drink coffee, it would eventually have NO affect on him whatsoever as far as keeping him awake. These people need to do their research. :/ But I think these ridiculous stories are being made up for a reason. I don't trust TMZ to the fullest but when it comes to Michael right now, with this case, I do think they know something. Too much points to the fact that they do. So I wouldn't worry too much about what they say. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Maybe they got their information from the previous trial of MJ:

ALL Michael Jackson - [Cached Version]
Published on: 3/1/2005    Last Visited: 10/13/2009  
Once Urquiza's testimony had finished, Prosecutors called Lauren Wallace, a flight attendant, to the stand. She testified that she served Michael wine in Diet Coke cans.

Published on: 4/16/2005    Last Visited: 10/13/2009  
Montgomery stated that flight attendant Lauren Wallace told her that Michael asked for wine to be served in soda cans, contradicting previous testimony by another flight attendant, Cynthia Ann Bell, who claimed it was her idea because Michael was a nervous flyer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJonmind"
Maybe they got their information from the previous trial of MJ:

Published on: 3/1/2005    Last Visited: 10/13/2009  
Once Urquiza's testimony had finished, Prosecutors called Lauren Wallace, a flight attendant, to the stand. She testified that she served Michael wine in Diet Coke cans.

Published on: 4/16/2005    Last Visited: 10/13/2009  
Montgomery stated that flight attendant Lauren Wallace told her that Michael asked for wine to be served in soda cans, contradicting previous testimony by another flight attendant, Cynthia Ann Bell, who claimed it was her idea because Michael was a nervous flyer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yeah.. but he was drinking wine, not cola.   And that was because he was a nervous flyer.. and the reason he drank it in cola cans was so that  his children didnt know he was drinking alcohol.  He did that to protect his kids.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

imo all these stories are spun by Michael himself...  :lol:  "Michael liked to push it."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Oh please.. Just like everything else, if you do it often enough you become tolerant to the effects.
a glass of coke before bed for someone who never drinks it = not so good idea
regular coke drinker = like drinking lolly water.. pscch!  :roll:

Next  :arrow:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Ok ...so its MJ who is being judged now?   They want to PROVE that MJ was a demanding, suicidal caffeine and propofol addict?  They want to PROVE how MJ killed himself with a shot of propofol?  And how?  Oh its obvious ...ROFL He drank one too many cans of Coca - Cola a day? Hmm this line of thinking is gonna get very far in court.  

I know this is TMZ, and it may be just tabloid trash, but if its true,  then the defense  should get a better defense strategy, cause accusing MJ of being demanding aint gonna help Murray.  He IS the DOCTOR for the Love of God!  Propofol shouldn't have been given at home!  If he thought MJ was a demanding celebrity who always got things done his way, and was a threat to himself, then why didnt he keep those damned bottles and syringes away from him?  :cry:

Yes, TMZ, your story sounds very crazy...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Please TMZ is this all the news that you have to offer the public.  Please :lol:  :roll: ! Guess what TMZ, I just drank a cola-cola so I could have a sugar rush, so I can stay up later at night, and I have more energy to look at more piccies of my handsome MJ non-stop.  Hey, TMZ, here is a piccy of our gorgeous MJ eating a sugary lollipop.[attachment=0:2d8zblvd]lollipop4.jpg[/attachment:2d8zblvd]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Remember the picture of the bed scene?  There were no cans of coke there...  but a bottle of orange juice.

kai chase said she made healthy juices for him.

I have NEVER heard that Michael drank coca cola in vast quantities before.. ive always heard he drank orange juice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

miss j

Quote from: "KacyLovesMJ"
This story is absolutely false and IF they try to say this in the court, I hope someone in that courtroom knows better. I drink COFFEE, which has more caffeine in it then coca-cola, ALL day long. Literally. It's just about all I drink. Yes I know it's bad for me but I love my coffee. lol Anyway, my point here is, because of the fact that I drink that much coffee, the caffeine that is in it has NO affect on me. It doesn't wake me up when I get out of bed and it doesn't keep me up all day. When my body gets sleepy, I am able to go to bed and sleep. If Michael drank coca-cola the way that I drink coffee, or even more than I drink coffee, it would eventually have NO affect on him whatsoever as far as keeping him awake. These people need to do their research. :/ But I think these ridiculous stories are being made up for a reason. I don't trust TMZ to the fullest but when it comes to Michael right now, with this case, I do think they know something. Too much points to the fact that they do. So I wouldn't worry too much about what they say. :)

same here. i once poured in 2 sachets of instant coffee to help me stay up through the night to finish my project, but i ended up sleeping like a baby. if you have to sleep, no caffeine can help you stay awake. even if i drink a whole can of coke, i still can go to sleep without having to struggle to sleep.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions