Be critical!
April 04, 2010, 12:58:56 PM
While you read TMZ's posts (not to forget other media) remember that it's a tabloid! You should be critical about it! I've noticed that they usually begin their posts with "sources tell". They don't tell us what those sources are. The source could be their own imagination!

So don't get too down if there's something against the hoax theory. Neither should you get your hopes too high if they are sending messages pro-hoax.

I think TMZ's own What's The Big Friggin' Difference series is a good example of how pictures can be manipulated. Also the stories could be half-made-up.

Just something to think about.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sunflower shower for Mr Jackson
--
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: Be critical!
April 04, 2010, 01:22:56 PM
You mean "the source" of the news from June 25, 2009 was also their imagination?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Sarahli

April 04, 2010, 02:53:49 PM
I'm beggining to think that TMZ is on the hoax because they always have the news first. Seems that they're the only one to be contacted by the family or lawyers to make statements regarding the court case. Same for the pictures of Murray. Why would they choose a tabloid to make such statements and not a big well known channel like CNN ?
Of course the news they release are not true because it's a hoax. They are at least hints to show us that all this is only shit, that media lies are blindly believed by medias themselves and by common people. This is to show us how easy it is to manipulate public opinion without any trustworthy sources ever mentionned. So I agree with you to not take what TMZ says as the truth and to always dissect things, read between the lines but there's obviously something going on with TMZ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

April 04, 2010, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: "Sarahli"
I'm beggining to think that TMZ is on the hoax because they always have the news first. Seems that they're the only one to be contacted by the family or lawyers to make statements regarding the court case. Same for the pictures of Murray. Why would they choose a tabloid to make such statements and not a big well known channel like CNN ?
Of course the news they release are not true because it's a hoax. They are at least hints to show us that all this is only shit, that media lies are blindly believed by medias themselves and by common people. This is to show us how easy it is to manipulate public opinion without any trustworthy sources ever mentionned. So I agree with you to not take what TMZ says as the truth and to always dissect things, read between the lines but there's obviously something going on with TMZ.

I love your brillant thoughts.  Very well said, Sarahli.  God bless you! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Sarahli

April 04, 2010, 03:49:33 PM
Quote from: "darkchild"

Thank you darkchild. God bless you too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

April 04, 2010, 10:40:22 PM

You are very welcome, Sarahli! :)  Very kind of you.  I found this article this evening.  I thought that you may find it interesting.  It is from August 2009 talking about how TMZ first broke the news of MJ' "supposed" death vs how traditional news outlets like CNN reported an hour later.  I truly hope that you enjoy it.  God bless you many times over, and bless you for being here with us in this great adventure. It is all for MJ and all for L.O.V.E.

CNN's Klein on Breaking News: 'Being First is Overrated'
Posted by Jackie Alexander at 3:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2009
Michael Jackson's death rocked the world of journalism as much as it rocked his global fan base. A non-traditional media outlet, TMZ, broke the story while mainstream media held off announcing his death for well over an hour.

At the National Association of Black Journalists convention in Tampa on Thursday, media stalwarts discussed the dust-up that left many journalists wondering about media credibility and competition.

KNBC-TV anchor Beverly White of Los Angeles moderated the panel, which was titled "Beat It, Bad or Dangerous? What Michael Jackson's Death Tells Us about Media Competition and the Future of Journalism."

The discussion featured Toure, MSNBC contributor and Rolling Stone contributing editor; Bryan Monroe, former vice president and editorial director of Ebony and Jet; Jon Klein, president of CNN U.S.; Terence Samuel, deputy editor of TheRoot.com; and Adrienne Samuels Gibbs, senior editor at Ebony magazine.

Panelists discussed the shifting ways in which breaking news is reported and, in particular, the traditional media's reticence to pronounce Jackson dead after Twitter and Facebook were abuzz with the news.

When it comes to major events such as Jackson's death, Klein said, credibility is key.

"We go through this all the time whenever there's a breaking story -- this tension of being first or right. You make damn sure that you got it right, and it's OK if someone else beats you to the punch," Klein said. "I often heard people say: 'I didn't believe it until I heard it on CNN. Our mission first is to be accurate. This whole thing about being first is overrated."

Traditional journalism practices, Samuel said, won out when it came to the media's coverage of Jackson's death. "In some ways, despite all the tweeting and Facebooking," he said, "what you had here was a very old-time media scoop where somebody had better sources."

Several of the panelists said they first heard of Jackson's death on Facebook and Twitter.

Samuel argued that Twitter, albeit interesting, is not journalism. "The truth is that Facebook updates and tweets are not journalism. They're information," he said. "People have an extremely high demand for information."

Toure disagreed with Samuel about Twitter, saying reporters and news consumers shouldn't give more or less credence to a story simply because of the way it's delivered. "The mode of delivery doesn't make it not journalism or journalism," he said. "... A tweet can be journalism."

But online sources aren't the only competition. "Everything is our competition," Gibbs said. "Online news organizations -- they are designed to give you as-of-this-moment information. We feel where we compete with them is in the analysis." Gibbs noted that Ebony's September issue of the magazine was near completion when news of Jackson's death broke. Editors had to scramble, she said, to commission a commemorative issue.

The role of celebrity gossip Web site, TMZ, came under scrutiny as attendees asked whether the site now has greater credibility since breaking the Jackson story.

"TMZ was ahead of the story and they were right," Toure said. "And if it doesn't validate them, what will?"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Sarahli

April 05, 2010, 05:58:42 PM

You are very welcome, Sarahli! :)  Very kind of you.  I found this article this evening.  I thought that you may find it interesting.  It is from August 2009 talking about how TMZ first broke the news of MJ' "supposed" death vs how traditional news outlets like CNN reported an hour later.  I truly hope that you enjoy it.  God bless you many times over, and bless you for being here with us in this great adventure. It is all for MJ and all for L.O.V.E.

Michael Jackson's death rocked the world of journalism as much as it rocked his global fan base. A non-traditional media outlet, TMZ, broke the story while mainstream media held off announcing his death for well over an hour.

At the National Association of Black Journalists convention in Tampa on Thursday, media stalwarts discussed the dust-up that left many journalists wondering about media credibility and competition.

KNBC-TV anchor Beverly White of Los Angeles moderated the panel, which was titled "Beat It, Bad or Dangerous? What Michael Jackson's Death Tells Us about Media Competition and the Future of Journalism."

The discussion featured Toure, MSNBC contributor and Rolling Stone contributing editor; Bryan Monroe, former vice president and editorial director of Ebony and Jet; Jon Klein, president of CNN U.S.; Terence Samuel, deputy editor of TheRoot.com; and Adrienne Samuels Gibbs, senior editor at Ebony magazine.

Panelists discussed the shifting ways in which breaking news is reported and, in particular, the traditional media's reticence to pronounce Jackson dead after Twitter and Facebook were abuzz with the news.

When it comes to major events such as Jackson's death, Klein said, credibility is key.

"We go through this all the time whenever there's a breaking story -- this tension of being first or right. You make damn sure that you got it right, and it's OK if someone else beats you to the punch," Klein said. "I often heard people say: 'I didn't believe it until I heard it on CNN. Our mission first is to be accurate. This whole thing about being first is overrated."

Traditional journalism practices, Samuel said, won out when it came to the media's coverage of Jackson's death. "In some ways, despite all the tweeting and Facebooking," he said, "what you had here was a very old-time media scoop where somebody had better sources."

Several of the panelists said they first heard of Jackson's death on Facebook and Twitter.

Samuel argued that Twitter, albeit interesting, is not journalism. "The truth is that Facebook updates and tweets are not journalism. They're information," he said. "People have an extremely high demand for information."

Toure disagreed with Samuel about Twitter, saying reporters and news consumers shouldn't give more or less credence to a story simply because of the way it's delivered. "The mode of delivery doesn't make it not journalism or journalism," he said. "... A tweet can be journalism."

But online sources aren't the only competition. "Everything is our competition," Gibbs said. "Online news organizations -- they are designed to give you as-of-this-moment information. We feel where we compete with them is in the analysis." Gibbs noted that Ebony's September issue of the magazine was near completion when news of Jackson's death broke. Editors had to scramble, she said, to commission a commemorative issue.

The role of celebrity gossip Web site, TMZ, came under scrutiny as attendees asked whether the site now has greater credibility since breaking the Jackson story.

"TMZ was ahead of the story and they were right," Toure said. "And if it doesn't validate them, what will?"

Thanks darkchild for this very interesting article. I especially loved the sentence with CNN cause I mentionned it in my post as being a trustworthy channel for many people.  ;)
What I understand is that big channels prefer to be sure of such information (death of celebrity here) before broadcasting. Their credibility is in game. So it clearly means that when TMZ leaked the info there was no official source available. That's why they were first. Now I'm wonderin what source it was.... ;)
Thank you again. I'm proud to be with you in this great adventure. God bless you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 05, 2010, 06:22:37 PM

Thanks darkchild for this very interesting article. I especially loved the sentence with CNN cause I mentionned it in my post as being a trustworthy channel for many people.  ;)
What I understand is that big channels prefer to be sure of such information (death of celebrity here) before broadcasting. Their credibility is in game. So it clearly means that when TMZ leaked the info there was no official source available. That's why they were first. Now I'm wonderin what source it was.... ;)
Thank you again. I'm proud to be with you in this great adventure. God bless you.

You are most welcome, Sarahli! :) I am glad that you found the article useful.  I am so proud to be here with you as well of this great adventure to find to the Truth of what happened to our beloved MJ.  God bless you again for your kindness, Sarahli! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

------Michael Jackson

MJLover1990

April 05, 2010, 06:25:16 PM
I think TMZ may be part of the hoax but still they are media so I'm skeptical.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kirsche

April 06, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: "suomursu"
While you read TMZ's posts (not to forget other media) remember that it's a tabloid! You should be critical about it! I've noticed that they usually begin their posts with "sources tell". They don't tell us what those sources are. The source could be their own imagination!

So don't get too down if there's something against the hoax theory. Neither should you get your hopes too high if they are sending messages pro-hoax.

I think TMZ's own What's The Big Friggin' Difference series is a good example of how pictures can be manipulated. Also the stories could be half-made-up.

But don't forget: TMZ were the very first ones who reported Michaels "death". And the owner of TMZ is a friend of MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[
OKAY, EVERBODY! THAT\'S A WRAP!

April 06, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
tmz is full of it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~[size=150]HEAL THE WORLD[/size]~
i march to the beat of MJs drum

April 08, 2010, 12:37:24 AM
Quote from: "Kirsche"
Quote from: "suomursu"

But don't forget: TMZ were the very first ones who reported Michaels "death". And the owner of TMZ is a friend of MJ

Wow, TMZ is owned by a mate of MJ.  That is very interesting.  God bless you for this information.  Boy, that really thickens the plot for me.  It makes me think of an interview that MJ did with Barbara Walters in 1997 in Paris, France where MJ said that you can invite the press when you what to.  Hmmm, maybe you can do this when a friend of yours owns a leading entertainment outlet: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael: When I approve of something, yes.
Barbara: But you can't always control the press. You can't approve everything. You can't invite them in again and again, and then at a certain point, close them out.
Michael: Yes, you can.
Barbara: Well how do you do that? What's that line?
Michael: By doing that. This is their time for this...and this you should not do. You should not say, "He's an animal...he's a..." You should not say, "He's Jacko." I'm not a 'Jacko'. I'm Jackson.

Maybe MJ leaked the hoax story of his own death himself to TMZ somehow.  It is just a thought. I have always wondered who was the insider who gave the story of MJ's supposed death to TMZ.  God bless you all! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

------Michael Jackson

dom

April 09, 2010, 04:17:06 AM
guys it clearly has something to do with whats going on, tmz may not know whether or not Michaels alive for definite but they clearly know a source within the family- like you said they always get the stories first and they also get private information and images first, for example they got those paintings Michael had commissioned before he died-how else would they be able to get those things? unless they had a member of tmz staff break into encino & take photos of the jackson kids  :lol:
I do however think there is an element of tmz playing with beLIEvers minds and this we got to be really careful of.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 05:00:19 AM

You are most welcome, Sarahli! :) I am glad that you found the article useful.  I am so proud to be here with you as well of this great adventure to find to the Truth of what happened to our beloved MJ.  God bless you again for your kindness, Sarahli! :)

Question is: did TMZ dare the risk to pronounce him dead, before doctors did?

Honestly, there can't be a source for that! It's not like the doctors give up on him and then wait other 20 minutes to pronounce a person dead. They decide and write down the time and until then, they're working on him.
TMZ reported him dead full 6 minutes before he actually was pronounced by the doctors. It needs time to get the info, discuss it, write the article, transfer it to the server.
If this is for real, the only thing I could imagine is, that Michael actually was in a coma (as reported on CNN) and the family decided to stop life support and told that to TMZ - before the machines were stopped. But you'd think: WTF???

So either
1. they were guessing it would end that way and wanted to be first at ANY price
2. Michael was in a coma and a family source told TMZ that they were going to put him off life support
3. they acted strictly like Michael wanted them to and reported the death 6 mins before he was pronounced dead and by that left a huge clue.
Or
4. they reported him dead too early and Michael is really p****d off with them.

What's the most plausible? Or are there more possibilities?

@Kirsche: who at TMZ is a friend of Michael? The owner? Who's the owner? They are owned by Time Warner / AOL.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

April 09, 2010, 06:40:19 AM
Quote from: "MJLover1990"
I think TMZ may be part of the hoax but still they are media so I'm skeptical.

Today after read this posts above,I will only presents the following:

This "letter" was posted by Susie's blog at:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or

From Michael to the press and haters…
Guys, before you read this, please “listen” to me… I can NOT confirm Michael wrote this letter, I found it on a website where people were making fun of Michael, and a fan (I guess), was kind enough to post this… I know some of you don’t think Michael wrote it cause he uses the word  ‘niggernose’, but when you’re mad, when you’re sick of things, and you just need to get everything out of your chest, do you REALLY pay attention to the way you express yourself?? I was even considering to delete this post, cause some of you aren’t very nice, but on the other hand, I think I should keep it, cause even if Michael didn’t wrote this, this kinda shows the way Michael must have felt, don’t you think? Make your own conclusions, but whatever the conclusion is, please don’t be rude… I won’t let you post those comments… I hope you understand. I posted this, cause I think people should be aware of the way they hurt Michael…

“Dear people,
I would like to ask you a question –the question WHY. Why is there so much poverty in the world? Why so many wars? Why so much torture and agony? And why must children die and innocent suffer? I don’t understand it. Do you understand it? I want to help. I want to make people happy, and may it be just for a moment. That is what gives my life a sense. Don’t you understand me? What did I do that you judge me? Are you really envious of me? You don’t have to. I wouldn’t wish you to be me… Maybe you just want me to confess my ‘guilt’: Yes, it is true, I do love children! But not the way you want it to be. I love them from the bottom of my heart. Because children don’t make wars. Children have never hurt me. It makes me happy to look in their shining eyes. Is it a crime wanting to be happy and want to make others happy? Many of them who visit me are going to die soon, of cancer or other terrible diseases. I won’t let you forbid me through your arrogance to give them just one happy day! Yes, it is true that I had plastic surgeries! Do you know what it feels like?! How often did I have to wake up in pain! How often I didn’t know what would expect me when I look into the mirror! How often did I cry when I did it! Don’t you see that I’m punishing myself for that I cannot cope with my face – and with myself! Why do you also punish me for it? Yes, it is true, once I was black! You get darker in the sun and get admired for that. But I am sick and you hit me for it. The sun you love so much can kill me. In former times I loved to be outside in the light, too, now I can nearly only go out at night. And you make your fun out of it. If I hadn’t become the Michael Jackson you know today, then I would also be like that: I would be a white black with curls and a thick niggernose for which everybody would tease me. Well, now you tease me because of my little nose. Maybe I would already be dead because I couldn’t protect myself so good as I can today. Would you prefer it when I was dead? Or when I had never existed? But then you wouldn’t have my music! Would you like to do without ‘Billie Jean’?! My music you love though, don’t you? Just not me. But I create the music to make you happy. You torture me with your disgraceful words. Words can sometimes hurt so much more than punchs. Often I sit in an edge and cry. I ask God for what I have to suffer, what a reason I’ve given you. Cause I never did harm to anyone. I am afraid of you ’cause you’ve hurt me so badly. And I don’t even defend myself. I simply hide behind my masks. Oh, how I hate these masks! Under them I can hardly breathe. But I have no choice, it’s the only way to protect myself. But you don’t like it when I protect myself. You’d prefer to kick a defenceless man in his face, but this favour I won’t do you. I don’t need to be ashamed for anything I’ve done. And as I can see at you, dear Unknown there are people who understand my message. My friends and me, we don’t go into the war with tanks. We come with sunflowers to all of you even though you laugh at us and snap our flowers off. Maybe you will understand not before not only the flowers but the whole sun goes out. With my music, with what I do I would like to bring a light into the world. But is it necessary that I kill myself until someone believes me? And until someone believes me that I just want to do good things and that I suffer from your hate? But then you would be outraged: “And the children?!” Particularly you would say that, you who would love the most to take my children away from me. You say they aren’t my children. You say I couldn’t educate them. How do you want to know this?! And is it important then what blood is flowing through their veins when I would die for them? Your jealousy and your hate make you blind for what love means.You don’t know me, nevertheless you have already judged me! You, those reporters who hammer me at the cross in the morning, you listen to my music in the evening! That is not fair! You are not interested in what you write if it just attracts readers and causes headlines. But my name is enough to attract the people. Why is it always necessary to denounce me? Why don’t you write something positive, there you wouldn’t have to search so long! Why do I have to be ‘Wacko Jacko’? Can’t you see that the only one I’m hurting is myself?! You hunt me like I was a piece of cattle. Isn’t there anybody who sees that I’m also a human being?! Where do you have your heart? Where do you have your mercy? Where do you have your love? If just one out of ten people who get this letter tries to understand me, already then my life is it worth being lived.”

After read this only tears on my face!!
For those who followed  Michael like me for 40 years and witnessed his suffering,I feel that words have meaning!
HE IS A FIGHTER & WINNER DESPITE BEING ONLY A  KING!
NO ATTENTION TO GARBAGE....
THEY AIN'T SEEM  NOTHING  YET ....THE BEST IS YET TO COME...SOONEST...I BELIEVE & HOPE!
THIS IS IT - IT'S ALL FOR L.O.V.E. - KEEP THE FAITH & BELIEVE!!!
L.O.V.E. YOU MICHAEL...SO MUCHHHHH!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Before you judge me, try hard to LOVE me."
"I am happy to be alive!I am happy to be who I am!
"Do not judge a man until you\'ve walked 2 moons in his moccosins"
"Beat me.Hate me.You can never break me, will me,thrill me!You can never kill me!"
"They ain\'t seem nothing yet & the best is yet to come!"
THIS IS IT - IT\'S ALL FOR L.O.V.E.

twitter.com/ginapereira
myspace.com/ginajjackson
youtube.com/GinaJJackson
facebook.com/GINAJJACKSON