What happened to the Rest of the Footage ??
April 03, 2010, 01:13:38 PM
Now ive been meaning to ask this for a while, or in fact bring it up. its been kinda bugging me a bit when i watch TII.

Now we know that all the footage was sold to make TII, and we were told theres hours upon hours of footage of rehersals, and TII is condensed down to just under 2 hours.

Now what strikes me is that, after you edit all the hours of footage and you get under 2 hours of michael singing, What happens to the footage that isnt  used ????  Now there was a topic about an interview with one of the dancers, who mentions that they had ran through the whole show on the 23rd or  24th, which would mean that all 23 songs would have been rehearsed... and no doubt recorded.  so why not show us all the rehersals?? do they just discard the footage that wasnt used ? are they keeping it for another DVD ?

i read an article a while back about them saying that there was some of the rehersals that either michael wasnt good that day or the audio isnt great.... but still, well for me i really wouldnt have cared if michael was totally horrible on a certain day... i still would have wanted to see michael perform the songs, even if the audio wasnt great, at least let us see it... you know what im getting at here? :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Raven

I don't think it would be a good idea to make the rest of the footage public. Maybe it even wasn't a good idea to make the rehearsals of This Is It public on dvd either.
Many people do not realise it needs a lot of hardf work and rehearsing for a show or a tour. Most of all, they don't even realise Michael needed to rehearse as well. People have ruthlessly criticised Michael's rehearsals of This Is It, calling it his "worst performance ever". This is so not done, the product should only be shown to the public when it's completely finished.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There might be two options to consider:
1)The TII footage was the best available and the remaining footage was not of good quality.
2) The remaining footage was of good quality and will be released at a later date for TII Part 2, 3, etc.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "GirlSaturday"
1)The TII footage was the best available and the remaining footage was not of good quality.
2) The remaining footage was of good quality and will be released at a later date for TII Part 2, 3, etc.

well i hope for option 2  :lol:

but even if the first option was true...... would you have still wanted to see it ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Yes. i would have wanted to see the "bloopers" and footage that was sub-par. I am so intrigued with the man that I would have enjoyed watching the mistakes and slip ups. I would not want to watch to say ..."Look... MJ messed up" . Instead, I would have liked to see the man make revisions and changes to perfect his show.

Quote from: "awesome1"

well i hope for option 2  :lol:

but even if the first option was true...... would you have still wanted to see it ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

I think that one of the main purposes for releasing TII was to make people sit up and take note that MJ was not this nonfunctioning, incoherant, junkie that the media has tried to portray him as since June 25th. These two images do not support each other. Yes, MJ was 50 [and fine I might add] but was in no way the prescription drug junkie they would have people believe..This is just one aspect to this hoax death. People need to think with their own minds instead of being spoon fed crap by media networks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

there was no more footage they had all they needed to film for the dvd?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

there was no more footage they had all they needed to film for the dvd?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This Is It was recorded for michaels own personal library i do believe there was over 200 hours of footage shot in total but only 2hrs worth put to dvd sales,i also heard that they pulled out all the bad bits of footage such as michael using a golf buggy from the car park to the stage,footage of kenny o cutting up food for michael and kenny helping michael up a set of stairs how true this is i dont know,but they wanted to show michael in a good light for his sake or thiers im not sure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Option 3 - the rest of the footage shows MJ as an ill and frail man who is drugged up.  Footage they dont want the World to see.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dancer

Kriyss Grant, one of the dancers, said in an interview he wonders why so much good stuff was not included in the DVD.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

From the article:He is also bemused by some of the choices that were made regarding what was and wasn't included. "It's funny because those bits you see, he's not doing the full out still. There were times where he was really, really doing it, like full out. There are a lot of things that weren't shown in This Is It. I really don't know why that stuff was left out."

Who knows... Maybe it will be included in another DVD: "This is it - The Making of a Hoax".  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

Option 3 - the rest of the footage shows MJ as an ill and frail man who is drugged up.  Footage they dont want the World to see.
How do you know the rest of the footage showed him being frail and drugged up?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions