Jennie

Re: Law on faking one´s death
April 04, 2010, 12:18:39 AM
@simply me

I really dont know what to say to all this or how the law works where you live but I am in Canada and here if there is a mistake on your speeding ticket on the speed you we're going or any stupid little mistake you can go to court, contest you ticket and will get off.

So I can not take this seriously or discard it. Sorry. ;)
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

April 04, 2010, 03:58:59 AM
Don't let yourself get fooled by one opinion of one lawyer.

Law is written on paper, usually decided by a democratic parliament (or in some countries by one man only).

Applied law by lawyers is about interpretation of the written text - whether yes or no the written paragraph applies to the case, whether this or that circumstance must be considered and / or needs more weight and which other paragraphs would need additional attention.

Applied law in court is about challenging the written text in context with the counterpart advocats - the most interesting battles about written law and storybooks are taking place in the US - amazing strategic chess games btw.

There is a saying that reflects some truth:
"In court and on the high seas you are in God's hand."
Meaning everything may happen and you cannot be certain to not find injustice in court.
It is known that depending on which court is being called to judge over a case the sentences may vary widely.

It's good that there was an answer at least.
However:
If this lawyers thinks what he said this does not mean that he's right. It's one opinion only.
AND he's dismissive to the idea of a hoax so he will not bother to interprete the whole spectrum of a hoax case.

Therefore to me these utterances are only dust in the wind.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

MashMike

April 04, 2010, 05:31:21 AM
@simply me

I really dont know what to say to all this or how the law works where you live but I am in Canada and here if there is a mistake on your speeding ticket on the speed you we're going or any stupid little mistake you can go to court, contest you ticket and will get off.

AGREE,HERE IN MY COUNTRY EVEN A DOCUMENT OF LESS IMPORTANCE IS CONSIDERED  ILLEGAL IF EVEN A SINGLE LETTER IS MISSPELLED IN YOUR NAME OR SURNAME.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

April 04, 2010, 06:57:55 PM
do we even know if hes a valid attorney or a valid source for that matter..... nobody on the internet is who they say they are..

and yea the name thing is strict in some countries.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

April 04, 2010, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: "MashMike"
@simply me

AGREE,HERE IN MY COUNTRY EVEN A DOCUMENT OF LESS IMPORTANCE IS CONSIDERED  ILLEGAL IF EVEN A SINGLE LETTER IS MISSPELLED IN YOUR NAME OR SURNAME.
In other countries that might be true, but it is simply NOT true here in the US. You can have your name misspelled on just about anything and it still stick. It is something like a thing in civil suits called implied liability. In other words, if it is common knowledge you are the person that is being represented in the document, and there be a common sense reasoning (like say "Joe" is short for Joseph in a lot of cases), then the documents are good.

This is something I know for certain not just speculation and not a lawyer telling me.

When my son and I were involved in a court case that lasted 4 years, over those years his name was misspelled and all sorts of mistakes made with it (and mine too) with lots of different documents. All of them were legal, all of them stuck and I specifically asked about this more than once to a judge when filing them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

MashMike

April 05, 2010, 04:27:30 AM
To reading-on

Well, thank u very much for that info, so i guess this is it, i mean it clears up Joe- Joesph thing,no more speculations about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

mjlovebug

April 05, 2010, 05:15:35 AM
coem now everyone you are all using the wrong words

the term cashed in is-  getting the money before you die

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree