Apparently MJ took parts from Albano Carrisi song "Cigni di Balaka" and created "Will You Be There"
I've never heard of this but the songs do sound very similar.
[youtube:2q9b64st]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czV08dgffz4[/youtube:2q9b64st]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

the arabian nights

oh well another claim on the estate - but why didnt he cliam before - oh yeah he was a fan and didnt want to
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It does sound a similar... I love how MJ sounds in the song...but I dont like listening to it.. makes me sad
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "CrazyBanana"
It does sound a similar... I love how MJ sounds in the song...but I dont like listening to it.. makes me sad
Me too  :(  I always skip that song on my ipod, just can't handle it
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oh, it is very interesting that they realized it by now-
why not 10 or more years ago :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

somekindofsign

Albano has been the last years inventing whatever to be on the tabloids.
What a pitty, he would have been respected more if he didn´t.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Actually the claim WAS made many years before ... can`t remember how they solved it. But appearantly MJ still legally sung his song ....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E.  Aintnosunshine[/size]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This went to court years ago in Italy.  I believe Michael won in the lower Court and Mr. Carrisi was order to pay costs to  everyone involved.  He appealed and I think Mr. Carrisi won.  The lyrics are not the same, but sections of the compostion are.  That was the judges issue in the higher court.  Michael said it was coincidental and had been inspired by a song in the 30's.  I don't know in which court he said what.  I haven't confirmed that he said it was inspired by a song in 1939 or looked at the composition for that song.  

And I want to repeat something I said before about the Paul Anka issue.  In the copyright office only Michael is listed for that song.  I had thought previously that I saw both Michael and Paul there HOWEVER, In the BMI database Paul and Michael are CO-AUTHORS of that song and to my knowledge always were in that database as such.  I remember looking it up before.  And I don't know who submitted the paperwork to BMI. So how this got on the copyright app with just Michael, I don't know.  Who knows what went down between Michael and Paul, but I personally don't believe that Michael deliberately stole a song that he co-wrote with Paul.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Just another parasite trying to get a piece of the pie,didn't you here him say he spoke  to Mj ;s lawyers 8or9times & still accomplished nothing & besides that MJ don't speak Italian . :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "simplyme"
This went to court years ago in Italy.  I believe Michael won in the lower Court and Mr. Carrisi was order to pay costs to  everyone involved.  He appealed and I think Mr. Carrisi won.  The lyrics are not the same, but sections of the compostion are.  That was the judges issue in the higher court.  Michael said it was coincidental and had been inspired by a song in the 30's.  I don't know in which court he said what.  I haven't confirmed that he said it was inspired by a song in 1939 or looked at the composition for that song.  

And I want to repeat something I said before about the Paul Anka issue.  In the copyright office only Michael is listed for that song.  I had thought previously that I saw both Michael and Paul there HOWEVER, In the BMI database Paul and Michael are CO-AUTHORS of that song and to my knowledge always were in that database as such.  I remember looking it up before.  And I don't know who submitted the paperwork to BMI. So how this got on the copyright app with just Michael, I don't know.  Who knows what went down between Michael and Paul, but I personally don't believe that Michael deliberately stole a song that he co-wrote with Paul.

I agree with you - I don't think Michael stole any song either. For Paul Anka, this last year was like winning the lottery. There are many songs that sound similar - that doesn't mean it was stolen. I feel bad that Michael had to deal with all of this in his life. He couldn't just be left alone. I'm thinking that when the next album comes out that I might skip giving my money to Sony and just send my check directly to the children.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

DooDoo

This is an old old story guys, I am Italian and I remember that very well! Albano didn't win even if he still claims he did. He didn't win.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

you are my life

speechless, that\'s how you make me feel

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

superflysister81

Quote from: "DooDoo"
This is an old old story guys, I am Italian and I remember that very well! Albano didn't win even if he still claims he did. He didn't win.

Yes, old old story!  :lol:
Btw Albano doesn't claim he won. He told Sony did ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Quote from: "simplyme"

I agree with you - I don't think Michael stole any song either. For Paul Anka, this last year was like winning the lottery. There are many songs that sound similar - that doesn't mean it was stolen. I feel bad that Michael had to deal with all of this in his life. He couldn't just be left alone. I'm thinking that when the next album comes out that I might skip giving my money to Sony and just send my check directly to the children.

Thought I'd put the link for BMI here.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael has been slapped with so many ridiculous lawsuits against his music. They say he is the most sued man ever. Sickening!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

somekindofsign

There is a funny freak in Spain that says that he wrote Thriller in 1969, completelly I mean, but the title was "Exorcismo". They both were born in the same day, so he wrote it when he was 10 and sent it to MJ.

He also claims that he knew MJ in the Xth century, when his name was Paolo... and a lot of other things to laught to death. Not necessarily at him...

[youtube:1uqc4ozj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm59LNHur8k[/youtube:1uqc4ozj]

Sorry, because many of you can´t understand it but who understand is going to ROFL.

This is the videoclip (and it´s universal):

[youtube:1uqc4ozj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwzAPRodrZc&feature=related[/youtube:1uqc4ozj]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions