loma

Re: BAM!?
March 21, 2010, 12:36:04 PM
:? I'm confused.
I thought It was just a little nickname we gave it.
What's the big deal?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

March 21, 2010, 12:49:09 PM
Quote from: "Syringa"
Nah, it's just a name. We just call it a "Bamsday". : D
I don't know who came up with it and where it originally came from, but I'd say "bam" represents the end of the hoax as it represented the ending of This Is It.
And I think it's a funny word... But, you know, just a word. : 3

Well that's understandable.  The point I was trying to make was that the "bam" at the end of the movie doesn't necessarily have to mean anything at all.  It just seemed like soooo many people were convinced that it meant he will come back and this and that.  I personally don't believe symbolism all the time.  Especially with classic paintings.  People always give their ideas of symbolism and insist that it is correct getting it published in books all the while knowing nothing of the painting in the first place.  How do "historians" know that just because something is in a painting that it means this and that?? It's all just interpretations.  Someone could look outside and see a heart shaped cloud and say oh that symbolizes that today will be full of love......oh really?  It will also be full of hate and crime.  Everyday is the same unless we actually make it different.  That's why I think symbolism is bogus unless there are hard facts and evidence supporting it.  If the painter, writer, sculptor, etc, says there is symbolism in something, then there is.  If we just interpret something as having symbolism, well then that really isn't convincing to me.

I'm glad you all replied to this by the way, and I hope nobody thinks I'm a jerk or anything.  I just tend to look at things from different angles.  It may be hard to believe but when the movie first came out and that scene hit I was so mad because my girlfriend didn't want to stay in the theater to wait for after the credits.  I went back to see it a second time and was like "wow, that's there for a reason".  So I was definitely one of the believer's that there was more to come.  And I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.  I want a "bamsday".  I want one as much as any of you.  I'm just trying to get all the evidence together, that's all.  The people on this site are great.  Continue to support MJ.  Whether he is alive or not, he would, or is, proud of each and every one of us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 21, 2010, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: "mikestanek1"
Quote from: "Syringa"
Nah, it's just a name. We just call it a "Bamsday". : D
I don't know who came up with it and where it originally came from, but I'd say "bam" represents the end of the hoax as it represented the ending of This Is It.
And I think it's a funny word... But, you know, just a word. : 3

Well that's understandable.  The point I was trying to make was that the "bam" at the end of the movie doesn't necessarily have to mean anything at all.  It just seemed like soooo many people were convinced that it meant he will come back and this and that.  I personally don't believe symbolism all the time.  Especially with classic paintings.  People always give their ideas of symbolism and insist that it is correct getting it published in books all the while knowing nothing of the painting in the first place.  How do "historians" know that just because something is in a painting that it means this and that?? It's all just interpretations.  Someone could look outside and see a heart shaped cloud and say oh that symbolizes that today will be full of love......oh really?  It will also be full of hate and crime.  Everyday is the same unless we actually make it different.  That's why I think symbolism is bogus unless there are hard facts and evidence supporting it.  If the painter, writer, sculptor, etc, says there is symbolism in something, then there is.  If we just interpret something as having symbolism, well then that really isn't convincing to me.

I'm glad you all replied to this by the way, and I hope nobody thinks I'm a jerk or anything.  I just tend to look at things from different angles.  It may be hard to believe but when the movie first came out and that scene hit I was so mad because my girlfriend didn't want to stay in the theater to wait for after the credits.  I went back to see it a second time and was like "wow, that's there for a reason".  So I was definitely one of the believer's that there was more to come.  And I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.  I want a "bamsday".  I want one as much as any of you.  I'm just trying to get all the evidence together, that's all.  The people on this site are great.  Continue to support MJ.  Whether he is alive or not, he would, or is, proud of each and every one of us.

I think that in some art forms the point is to create symbolism but, like you, I don't see deeper meanings and symbols everywhere. The "bam" may have a meaning or then it was just cue. I suppose no-one really knows if that was just a part of a rehearsal or a well-planned movie scene. Or both.
Though there is a meaning in some works of art, of course. : 3

I don't think anyone thinks you're a jerk, don't worry. It's only a good thing that people have their focus on different things so there's not any    misunderstanding or things that we have completely missed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 21, 2010, 01:40:37 PM
Thanks I'm glad you understood what I was saying.  Yes of course there are tons of art pieces and books and movies that contain symbolism.  I just think it's wrong to see something and assume that's what it means without any evidence.  I was just trying to point out what was going on in the scene for certain.  Everybody's mind is different and it's incredible to find out what other people think about everything.  As we all know this whole hoax, or death, is incredibly complex.  It may take months, even years until everything is figured out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 21, 2010, 01:46:32 PM
Quote from: "mikestanek1"
Thanks I'm glad you understood what I was saying.  Yes of course there are tons of art pieces and books and movies that contain symbolism.  I just think it's wrong to see something and assume that's what it means without any evidence.  I was just trying to point out what was going on in the scene for certain.  Everybody's mind is different and it's incredible to find out what other people think about everything.  As we all know this whole hoax, or death, is incredibly complex.  It may take months, even years until everything is figured out.

I totally agree.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions